• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Police say "attack on 11 year old girl" did not happen as reported

Brihard said:
This. The amount of pathetic vitriol I'm seeing over this has me genuinely disgusted in a bunch of people. She is a young child, full stop. This event is going to be extremely damaging for her. Either she made up a lie to cover up something she did that could be perceived as wrong - a verry naive, childish normal mistake that we all have made - or she was coached in this by an adult.

Agreed.  Seeing the comments on social media and MSM sites made me sick.  People calling for her deportation etc etc.

I doubt she was coached to lie about the attack but I'm pretty sure she was coached on what to say to the media.  In all likelihood this girl will need some therapy to deal with all of this.  Self inflicted yes, but she's just a girl.  Hopefully lessons were learned here by others who would think this is a good idea.

Sometimes kids will say things about certain things that make them stand out.  Either because they are self conscious about it or they are covering for something.

Someone stole my puffer, bullies knocked me out of my wheelchair, someone cut my hijab, some guy knocked my retainer out of my mouth and stepped on it etc etc.  Some kids know they'll get some sympathy for that stuff. 

Some of the very same people implying a 12 year old girl should face the death penalty or something for telling a lie and possibly stirring up divisions within a community, are the exact folks posting support for a 71 year old sociopath President who is a compulsive liar actively fomenting divisive national/international hatred.

Interesting.  :pop:

Well, we expect better behaviour from 12 year old girls than from 71 year old men, I guess.

Journeyman said:
Some of the very same people implying a 12 year old girl should face the death penalty or something for telling a lie and possibly stirring up divisions within a community, are the exact folks posting support for a 71 year old sociopath President who is a compulsive liar actively fomenting divisive national/international hatred.

Interesting.  :pop:

I have no problem with taking this at face value, a kid doing a stupid kid thing.  My problem starts at the flash to bang time from incident to cop response to press release to PM Nicesocksdude assembling his entire Justice League for a photo op to denounce "a rise in violence against muslims", based on an incident that never happened. And, when proven to be an untruth, his response was "yeah, well, you're still a bunch of intolerant islamophobic racist assholes".

I hope someone is having a long hard talk with the parents. Also some reporters and PMO types might need body parts slapped as well.

Given what's going on in the news and media I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Kid made a stupid mistake. I'm glad the families name wasn't released which (hopefully) avoids backlash, online bullying and threat because people can be real psychopaths online.

Edit- cancel that her name was used in a tweet.

dapaterson said:
Well, we expect better behaviour from 12 year old girls than from 71 year old men, I guess.
Funny how that works.

OPPS!  I must apologise for incorrect facts.....Mixed up a couple of different cases.  Muslim vandalized a mosque, not murdered members in in mosque. 

I will also say though from personal experience when I was speaking with police about a child/family and possible crimes the police went from friendly and helpful to short and wanting to get off the phone with me as quickly as possible when they learned the family in question was Muslim.

Im just guessing but I think police probably have a lot of pressure both from inside their department and outside when situations involve races that could be flashpoints for the public to freak out about. I don't envy the crap police must deal with at all.

I hope in this case the police just dropped it because they have bigger things to worry about than a kid lying.

Good lesson for people from Joe blow on  Facebook to the prime minister that waiting for details before launching might be a good thing.

If the police don't want to investigate further, there's always child services. They have a bag of tricks not available to the police.

I also need to agree with some others here. The time from incident to national exposure was done with the deftness of a Sergeants Major doing a running replen. The wheels were in motion before this kid even reported it. I read that the mother (?) is also an islamic activist and reasonably well known.

There was an activist getting sound bites in the after events who was saying she was disappointed the attack never happened.

recceguy said:
If the police don't want to investigate further, there's always child services. They have a bag of tricks not available to the police.

I also need to agree with some others here. The time from incident to national exposure was done with the deftness of a Sergeants Major doing a running replen. The wheels were in motion before this kid even reported it. I read that the mother (?) is also an islamic activist and reasonably well known.

Investigate her for what? Being a child and telling a lie to likely stay out of trouble? For adults blowing the story out of proportion? What exactly should she be nailed for?

She is a child and under 12 yoa.  Adults are another matter.  Public mischief is a possible starting point for adults.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Investigate her for what? Being a child and telling a lie to likely stay out of trouble? For adults blowing the story out of proportion? What exactly should she be nailed for?

I know you love jumping down my throat whenever I show up, but , once again, in your zeal to attack me, you didn't read what I wrote. Nor did you, typically, ask for clarification. Nope, straight to the attack. I said nothing about a  child. Parents can also be investigated by child services. I'd forgotten why I  had you on ignore. After opening and looking your post, I  recall. In the meantime, feel free to go sexually intercourse yourself. Back to the status quo.

recceguy said:

Actually, the time from incident to national exposure was done with the deftness of very professional use of social media by the Toronto Police Service followed by the quick reaction from the Toronto District School Board who sent a representative from their PA dept who organized the media conference at the school to corral the reporters who showed up there in response to the TPS twitter.

So, an eleven year old child told a story that got away from her;
The TPS, in response to a possible threat to other children, very quickly provided warning via social media (as they should - well done);
Reporters, notified of a possible story in the making from the police tweets, converged on the school (ID given in tweets) just like good reporters would be expected;
The school board, knowing that reporters were outside the school and expecting them to be a distraction to other students and an annoyance to the child in question and her family, dispatched a spokesperson who then organized a press conference at the school that included a police spokesperson and the child.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3965061/toronto-police-girl-hijab-attack-investigation/
With respect to a press conference held on Friday, Toronto District School Board corporate and social media relations manager Ryan Bird said in a written statement that a spokesperson was sent to the school after members of the media attended outside the school. He said the family was asked if they wanted to appear with the spokesperson.

“After expressing concern that they were going to be approached by media outside while trying to leave, as well as a concern that no members of the community be subject to the alleged perpetrator, the family was asked if they would like to join the TDSB spokesperson as she spoke to media,” Bird wrote.

“The family members said they would speak to media and it was our understanding that this happened after, not before, they provided statements to police.”

Bird said school board officials are “very thankful that this assault did not in fact happen.”

“Our motivation for commenting on the issue at the time was only out of compassion, care, concern and support — as did many elected leaders nationally, provincially and locally via interviews or social media.”

So yes, it sounds like a well organized conspiracy.

recceguy said:
I know you love jumping down my throat whenever I show up, but , once again, in your zeal to attack me, you didn't read what I wrote. Nor did you, typically, ask for clarification. Nope, straight to the attack. I said nothing about a  child. Parents can also be investigated by child services. I'd forgotten why I  had you on ignore. After opening and looking your post, I  recall. In the meantime, feel free to go sexually intercourse yourself. Back to the status quo.

What attack? I read what you wrote,m where you stated that, "if the police don't want to investigate further, there's always child services. They have a bag of tricks not available to the police." So the question was investigate her for what? What would you have child services investigate this child for?

I tend to agree with Jarnhamar's statement and think that the only "Islamophobia" that we will be seeing in the future will be the fear of the Government and Police to deal with anything related to Muslims, and we will land up in the same boat as what we see in the UK and Europe.
Let's stop all this "divisiveness" that is being perpetuated in the name of "Diversity" and treat everyone as equals.  Making Muslims, for some unknown reason, the victim and giving them special status under Bill M 103 is the wrong way to go.  Treat ALL criminal acts the same, no matter the race, religion, sex, etc. 
The Islamists have mastered the propaganda machine and manipulation of the MSM to such an extent that we overlook their barbarianism and atrocities.  We have Laws.  Enforce them.  In this case the parents hold some responsibility to discipline the child.

This incident of the child found to have lied, whether she was coerced or not, only inflames the situation once again, with the perpetrators coming across in the MSM, and in our case the PM's eyes, as victims.  These falsehoods incite more than anything else. 

Bird_Gunner45 said:
What attack? I read what you wrote,m where you stated that, "if the police don't want to investigate further, there's always child services. They have a bag of tricks not available to the police." So the question was investigate her for what? What would you have child services investigate this child for?
Please. It wasn't a simple question, otherwise, that's what you would have asked.

Big Bang is on. L8r.

George Wallace said:
I tend to agree with Jarnhamar's statement and think that the only "Islamophobia" that we will be seeing in the future will be the fear of the Government and Police to deal with anything related to Muslims, and we will land up in the same boat as what we see in the UK and Europe.
Let's stop all this "divisiveness" that is being perpetuated in the name of "Diversity" and treat everyone as equals.  Making Muslims, for some unknown reason, the victim and giving them special status under Bill M 103 is the wrong way to go.  Treat ALL criminal acts the same, no matter the race, religion, sex, etc. 
The Islamists have mastered the propaganda machine and manipulation of the MSM to such an extent that we overlook their barbarianism and atrocities.  We have Laws.  Enforce them.  In this case the parents hold some responsibility to discipline the child.

This incident of the child found to have lied, whether she was coerced or not, only inflames the situation once again, with the perpetrators coming across in the MSM, and in our case the PM's eyes, as victims.  These falsehoods incite more than anything else.

Careful George. The Thought Police have been re-activated.

recceguy said:
Careful George. The Thought Police have been re-activated.

Come on!.....You know that the "Thought Police" have been on my ass for ages now.    :whistle:

Back