• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Police say "attack on 11 year old girl" did not happen as reported

J

jollyjacktar

It seems as it not everything is what it seems.  More to follow apparently.

Breaking
Toronto police say attack on 11-year-old girl in a hijab did not happen as reported

CBC News  Posted: Jan 15, 2018 10:53 AM ET| Last Updated: Jan 15, 2018 10:53 AM ET

Toronto police say an attack on an 11-year-old girl in a hijab did not happen as reported.

"After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described in the original news release did not happen," police said in a news release Monday. "The investigation is concluded."

Khawlah Noman said Friday that a man attempted twice to cut off her hijab as she walked to school. Police previously characterized the attack as a hate crime.

More to come.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/scarborough-hijab-attack-1.4487716

Saw the report on SDA this morning: http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2018/01/clock-girl.html

Attachments

• SDA.JPG
    SDA.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Comments.JPG
    Comments.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 433
When I first saw this story on the nightly news, something didn't smell right to me.

Joe Warming ton of the Toronto Sun described her as " so poised, calm, and brave." in front of the National media.

I'd call it a psychopath in the making or the next great child actress.

Surprised we are not

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2018/01/15/newsalert-toronto-police-say-hijab-cutting-incident-didn-t-happen.html?cq_ck=1516033002750

If this is all bullshit, I am glad that some poor bastard wasn't fingered as Edward Scissor Hands.  As for the kid, I wonder who put her up to it.

jollyjacktar said:
If this is all bullshit, I am glad that some poor ******* wasn't fingered as Edward Scissor Hands.  As for the kid, I wonder who put her up to it.

As for the kid and her brother, they should have the book thrown at them.

However we all know that won’t happen......the local LEO’s are not interested in persueing it. 

Cheers
Larry

Larry Strong said:
As for the kid and her brother, they should have the book thrown at them.

However we all know that won’t happen......the local LEO’s are not interested in persueing it. 

Cheers
Larry

We all know that because she's under 12 and can't be charged.  Just one of those things where a kid gets attention by crying wolf.  We had two girls here do the same about some fake story about someone in a van approaching them.

If it is any consolation to anyone who wants the book thrown at them, they are both about to undergo a very difficult life lesson.  In all likelihood the parents are going to tear them a new one.  I know I would. Also anything they say to anyone about anything won't be believed. Now add the shame they will have.  If school is anything like it was when I grew up this will follow them for their adolescent lives.  I would not be surprised if they have to change schools as a result of this. 

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences, just saying that it's an 11 year old girl and younger brother who both probably told a fib that got bigger than they could handle.   

2 cents and all.

Remius said:
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences, just saying that it's an 11 year old girl and younger brother who both probably told a fib that got bigger than they could handle.   

2 cents and all.

One of the biggest differences today and when I was 11, of course, it that we are in the 'information age' now where anything can become news in seconds with iPhones, internet at our fingertips and social media.  This wouldn't have had time to print in a newspaper before the police determined it was unfounded in my teen years.

Eye In The Sky said:
One of the biggest differences today and when I was 11, of course, it that we are in the 'information age' now where anything can become news in seconds with iPhones, internet at our fingertips and social media.  This wouldn't have had time to print in a newspaper before the police determined it was unfounded in my teen years.

Yes, for sure.  The problem is that many kids (and adults for that matter) don't understand the consequences of their actions. And most 11 year olds don't think of the world beyond 10 feet of themselves.

If it is any consolation to anyone who wants the book thrown at them, they are both about to undergo a very difficult life lesson.  In all likelihood the parents are going to tear them a new one.  I know I would. Also anything they say to anyone about anything won't be believed. Now add the shame they will have.  If school is anything like it was when I grew up this will follow them for their adolescent lives.  I would not be surprised if they have to change schools as a result of this. 

I don't see the girl and lad dreaming this up for attention.....the police might want to take a closer look at the parent(s).

I was thinking the same thing GAP.

On a seperate note, I do find it frustrating that there would be a press release about an incident BEFORE the details were verified.

I've seen law enforcement do this before, where a press release is issued & statements are made extremely early in an investigation.  Prior to even some basic facts being verified, re: did this even happen?  And when it turns out the situation was very different than what they told the public it was, there's very rarely a press release stating that.

I'm glad they've kept the public informed on this, due to the nature of the alleged incident.  I do believe (And I could very well be wrong, as I'm in no way privy to information that the police may have in this case that the public isn't aware of) -- I do believe some basic information should be verified before sounding the alarm publicly.

GAP said:
I don't see the girl and lad dreaming this up for attention.....the police might want to take a closer look at the parent(s).

Why the parents?  There are plenty of cases where kids have done similar things for various reasons.  If my kid came to me and stated he was assaulted I would call the police if I had reason to believe him.

There had to have been an adult behind this. The incident was claimed to have happened at 8:30. CBC has an article up on their website with photos, post-press conference, by 9:49 a.m. An hour from the alleged incident to press conference complete and stories up on news websites? This smells of being orchestrated. She had to get to school, tell someone, parents be contact, parents get there, police get contacted, police take a statement from the victim, then begin investigating... At what point does someone in this brisk hour say 'hey let's call a bunch of reporters'?

There was an adult in the background in this, who is likely guilty of a criminal offense for orchestrating this false report and wasting a bunch of police resources. I hope they follow up.

IMO the language and terminology the girl uses when talking tothe police and media is very telling.

On top of the flash to bang for the story. Hope the police follow up with the cbc.

CBC are reporting as far as the police are concerned this incident is over and they will not be pursuing it any further.  Full stop.

Sounds as if whomever was the puppet master on this will skate.

jollyjacktar said:
CBC are reporting as far as the police are concerned this incident is over and they will not be pursuing it any further.  Full stop.

Darth Sidious.  Or Hydra.  Either or.

Remius said:
We all know that because she's under 12 and can't be charged.  Just one of those things where a kid gets attention by crying wolf.  We had two girls here do the same about some fake story about someone in a van approaching them.

2 cents and all.

In the old days the parents would be held responsible.  If not charged, they would be expected to discipline their child.  Somehow, I do not think that this is going to happen in this case.  While many of us who heard about this felt that it did not pass the sniff test, many politicians jumped quickly on the bandwagon and denounce "Islamophobia" as fast as they could.  I seriously am waiting for the Prime Minister, Premier Wynne and Mayor John Tory to come out an retract their comments......But alas, I highly doubt any of they will try to save face.
I have heard that some MSM outlets are now saying that the girl did this to "start discussion."  Other than inciting discord, I don't see how making false claims on national news is starting discussion.
Being a little bit of the suspicious type, I feel that there were others in the background who were coercing this girl to do what she did, and they are now escaping justice.  On that, I have to agree with Brihard.

jollyjacktar said:

With the current "political correct" atmosphere in the WEST, anything to do that may involve commenting on Muslims seems to be taboo.  Our current Governments seem to be of the type that they would rather stick their heads in the sand than address a problem before it festers into something much larger.

Back