• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tories planning on Afghanistan extension: NDP

CDN Aviator said:
Ok....that does it........you're the 3rd one this week !!

I changed my bloody name so you people can stop calling me a freakin' navigator

:mad:

No offense intended - my mistake...

... they ether call them both the same  ....

Kabul to Baghdad ~ 2000 miles

Toronto to Mexico City ~ 2000 miles
Toronto to Vancouver ~ 2000 miles
Pangnirtung to Calgary ~ 2000 miles
Halifax to Reykjavik ~ 2000 miles
St John's to Dublin ~ 2000 miles

Hell yeh, they're practically all in the same place....

I know that I have been a reservist most of my 20 years and may be missing the bigger picture that the NDP have of the world. So the Forces should not plan for an extension of the Afghanistan mission until Parliament has its say on an extension . OK BUT how is the government of the day going to know if the mission can be extended?   Or are they hoping by saying the CF should not plan for an extension the ONLY THING that can happen is  the government of the day must withdraw the troops! Is this how the NDP would run the Canadian government if they got in power only plan for the life of the current Parliament ?

I imagine a prime minister speaking to the House of Commons:

The government wants to send troops to help deal with the current crisis in Ruritania. Once the House approves the mission, the government will permit the Canadian Forces to make plans. When those plans are ready, and accepted by the government, we will then inform the House of the composition of the mission, what its members will do, and how long the mission may take. Thank you very much and please vote in favour of the Ruritanian mission.

More from Babbling Brooks:
http://toyoufromfailinghands.blogspot.com/2007/02/much-ado.html

Mark
Ottawa

CDN Aviator said:
Ok....that does it........you're the 3rd one this week !!

:mad:

What is the fuss, neither one of us 3rd's has been picking on you.
signed the other 3rd.

Back to the task at hand. I expect to see much more of this in particular the battle over "sound bits". Given the announced poll results this morning that saw Conservatives 36 %, Liberals 27%, NDP 14%, Bloc 23 % and I forget the greens. Further polls in the leadership or who would make a good one: Harper 36 %, Dion 18 %, the others were not mentioned. According to the talking heads or political pundits everyone is waitting for the Quebec elections at the end of March.

I saw those results too... Showed the conservatives were up 3%... with a margin of error of +/- 3.1% ;D

How dumb is Dawn Black? Of course we plan...just in case...just like people saving for a rainy day. What a dork! ::)

>"It is hard to see where civilian oversight is taking place at DND. How can the military plan rotations that Parliament has not approved?" New Democrat MP Dawn Black (New Westminster-Coquitlam) asked in question period.

Another oxygen thief.  How can the military plan for any eventuality that hasn't occurred or been formally approved?

Some people think a little further ahead than the next breath they're about to draw, Dawn.

CDN Aviator said:
I dont see what the issue is.  It is the military's job to have plans in case the mandate is extended.  What does the NDP expect us to do....make plans at the last minute when it is too late ?

Idiots  ::)

Well Layton doesn't appear to do much planning, so it is an alien concept for him and his ilk. The concept of planning for possible events seem to be lost on most people nowdays.

Colin P:

Well Layton doesn't appear to do much planning, so it is an alien concept for him and his ilk.

Maybe not:

"Stalin/The Five Year Plans"
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Stalin.htm

Mark
Ottawa

Back