• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Top Sailor Fights Back against Woke complaints

KevinB

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Reaction score
Last edited:
“We ask people from all over the country, from all walks of life, from all different backgrounds to join us,” Gilday said, “and then it’s the job of a commanding officer to build a cohesive warfighting team that’s going to follow the law, and the law requires that we be able to conduct prompt, sustained operations at sea. That level of trust that a commanding officer develops across that unit has to be able to be grounded on dignity and respect, and so … if that officer can lawfully join the United States Navy, is willing to serve and willing to take the same oath that you and I took to put their life on the line, then I’m proud to serve beside them.”
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

The military has come a long way.

One of the questions the Recruiting doctor asked me, "Do you like going out with girls?"

The military has come a long way.

Just in my short 23ish years I have seen a big change. I remember on my first ship, Preserver, is was pretty common to hear derogatory remarks about the LGBTQ2+ community all the time, and you'd also hear elongated rants about it.

That is certainly not the case anymore, and I think if anyone has those feelings they are defiantly in the minority.

We can improve, but like society we move slowly, and that's a shame.

I'm old enough to have a few friends who were part of "The Purge". Most are/were (some have died) highly productive members of Canadian society. A few re-joined the CAF later in life and were quite successful.

Good on the Admiral for focusing on what really matters - winning the next war and to the SMA Grinston for putting it in perspective.

Just in my short 23ish years I have seen a big change. I remember on my first ship, Preserver, is was pretty common to hear derogatory remarks about the LGBTQ2+ community all the time, and you'd also hear elongated rants about it.

That is certainly not the case anymore, and I think if anyone has those feelings they are defiantly in the minority.

We can improve, but like society we move slowly, and that's a shame.
Defiant indeed.

I won't be either - but those that choose not to participate in similar events should not be castigated as "homophobic" etc

This Admiral did the right thing though.
yet that is exactly what happened when Harper refused to join in. The Admiral hit it exactly right. If you are willing to serve then I will serve beside you. He didn't say he approved or disapproved and that is what equality is really all about.

yet that is exactly what happened when Harper refused to join in. The Admiral hit it exactly right. If you are willing to serve then I will serve beside you. He didn't say he approved or disapproved and that is what equality is really all about.
But Harper was evil and bad according to the current crop of The Liberal Cult of Canada - and he was the best PM in my memory.

Personally I think the the two politicians were being assho*les . According to them,Western Civilization itself is imperiled by this person serving in the military. Seriously ...?

Personally I think the the two politicians were being assho*les . According to them,Western Civilization itself is imperiled by this person serving in the military. Seriously ...?
Let’s be honest and put politicians in quotes for those two…
I mean politicians generally give themselves a bad rap, but calling those politicians is a disservice to politicians.

Two guys who should have heeded Mark Twain's advice and kept quiet *.

,* Better to be thought a fool. Then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Maybe I am more enlightened or more open to change. I never cared who my army roommate wanted to date, or who was dating who in my platoon. I never cared if my bosses were male or female. Never cared if they dated the same sex, or the opposite sex. All I cared about that my life and life style did not affect their choices. I had the roommate who was a guy during working hours and dressed in drag after he left base at night. Was none of my business, and thought it rather funny somedays. He did his job and I did mine. If a person's sex life in this day and age affects the combat readiness of an aircraft carrier, or sub, or tank, infantry platoon, they have way too much time on their hands and not training hard enough to do the job. Once in the field sex life should be the last thing they are worried about. Just get the job done so everyone can home to whoever is waiting for them at home

The silly part of the former policy respecting homosexuality was that the theory behind the policies was that a gay individual was a security risk because they could be threatened into committing espionage in exchange for not being publicly outed.

The ridiculous part of that was that only within a society that had prejudices and career consequences for being gay would such a threat work. As the policies changed, and as the prejudices weakened (they're certainly not gone completely) that risk virtually disappeared.

🍻

The silly part of the former policy respecting homosexuality was that the theory behind the policies was that a gay individual was a security risk because they could be threatened into committing espionage in exchange for not being publicly outed.

The ridiculous part of that was that only within a society that had prejudices and career consequences for being gay would such a threat work. As the policies changed, and as the prejudices weakened (they're certainly not gone completely) that risk virtually disappeared.

🍻
Also the old Soviets and E German Stasi used to run "honey traps" for heteros.

Back