• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Top 10 Video Games of ALL Time!

hmmmm :)
the bestt video games aree. mario cart - friggin rightt.. the 2nd zelda, gta vice city, duckhunt..and snowboarding ones..

toodles<33

acually duckhunt is problably one of the best games ever, what a classic. lol :cdn: :cam:

most recently played, Resident Evil 4 - crazy awesome!

I Didn't have time to read all the posts, but I hope someone mentioned Excite Bike! Mohaa comes a close second.

:dontpanic:

Yes, finally someone mentioned it, Operation Flashpoint is by FAR the best game EVER made!  ;D

I'd say second is Rainbow Six 3.

Ooh! A video game thread, wicked.   :blotto:
My top ten (in order) would be...

1 )   Counter-Strike: Source [PC]
  2 )   Day of Defeat: Source [PC]
  3 )   Guild Wars [PC]
  4 )   Brothers In Arms [Xbox]
  5 )   America's Army [PC]
  6 )   Half-Life 2 [PC]
  7 )   World of WarCraft [PC]
  8 )   The Legend of Dragoon [PS1]
  9 )   Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past [SNES]
10 )   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time [SNES]

I've always been a HUGE fan of Counter-Strike, and the Source engine has made it my ultimate gaming experience. :mg:
I can't wait for the Xbox 360. It's gonna be "the pwns0rz." ::)

In no order...

Socom 2 (ps2)
Final Fantasy X (ps2)
Mario Cart (snes)
James Bond Goldeneye (n64)
Soul Blade (ps)
Sega Sports Tennis (ps2)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (ps2)
Space Quest 4 (pc)
Grand Theft Auto San Andres (ps2)
Star Wars KOTOR (xbox)

Ah, you young pups. Try this list:

1) Elite (Commodore 64) The mother of all space trader/fighter games, with the most intuitive 3D radar display ever made. Great fun! Even played "The Blue Danube" when the docking computer was on, in an homage to Stanley K.

2) Ultima 3/4/5 (Apple 2, Commodore 64, and Amiga) I'm grouping these together because I consider them extensions of the same game. Truely immersive tile-based RPG, with an innovative storyline that went beyond the usual hack & slash plots.

3) Falcon 2.0 (Amiga) An amazingly detailed and true to life flight combat simulator

4) Lemmings (Amiga) The most maddeningly challlenging puzzle game ever made, and funnier than hell too. Oh no!

5) Harpoon (Amiga) Hands down the most realistic wargame ever produced - this game taught me tons about air and sea warfare. I wish this one would get updated and re-released

6) Steel Beasts (PC) A tank combat simulator that rivals the SIMNET in Ft Knox

7) Sim City (Amiga) Build an manage your own city. Whenever I drive through downtown Detroit, I start seeing it in terms of SimCity zoning

8) Test Drive: LeMans (PS2) I own a LOT of racing games, because I use the games as training for my own race car. TD: LM has the most realistic feel to it of any racing game I've ever played; it and GT4 are the only games where I can "push" like I do in a real race car and see results.

9) Railroad Tycoon 2 (Linux) Play with trains, lose track of time.

10) Enemy Territory: The best of the first-person Quake-alikes. 100% online play, and mission-based. This is what America's Army should aspire to be.

There are more, but that's a good start.

DG

10) Enemy Territory: The best of the first-person Quake-alikes. 100% online play, and mission-based. This is what America's Army should aspire to be.

If only it had been made my ID/Activision/Greymatter like RtCW it would have been a lot better IMO, especially since they stole the 1911 sound from the ghost's rifle on StarCraft

Top gear 3000 for SNES, and FAR CRY on the PC (online is great and graphics are gorgeous!!!!!)

DG-41 said:
5) Harpoon (Amiga) Hands down the most realistic wargame ever produced - this game taught me tons about air and sea warfare. I wish this one would get updated and re-released

It has been. I have Harpoon 3 on my home computer. Very good game, but incredibly hard for someone like me who doesn't know nearly enough about sea/air warfare. (You can get it at http://advancedgaming.biz/ ...it's a bit expensive, but worth it)

Btw, Lemmings and those other old games you mentionned, are awesome. :D Finally someone who understands gaming!

Oh, I played a 16 player fighting game a week ago, and I had to go buy it yesterday because it was just that good.
Custom soundtracks, lots of weapons and different play modes. Cool graphics and lots of martial arts.
http://www.ironphoenix.com/
Very, very, very fun.  :blotto:

In the light of things said:
If only it had been made my ID/Activision/Greymatter like RtCW it would have been a lot better IMO, especially since they stole the 1911 sound from the ghost's rifle on StarCraft

Who cares where they got the pistol sound for one of the many guns from?

Enemy Territory is indeed the most balanced and fun FPS I've ever played. The mission based play keeps all the stat whores and kids out.

Best of all, this game is FREE! 0$!

PAC MAN, DUCK HUNT, Battle field (whole series), Americas Army, Age of Empires series,

I agree with Dorosh, COmbat Mission and before that was my favoite of all time , Steel Panthers.  I once surprised a wayward Polish helicopter with a well dug in RCR fellow and his Carl G.  I don't think modern computers can even run it, I tried it in XP once and it was uncontrollable, cursor goes across the screen at lightning speed.  But playing as any country in the world, against any other country was really fun.

SOCOM 3(only online),  GoldenEye, Age of Empires, Hearts of Iron(takes a bit to learn but in the end a great game)

Back