1) World of Warcraft (best ever implementation of MMORPG)
2) Guild Wars (MMORPG/CORPG... and it's FREE monthly )
3) Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 2
4) Unreal Tournament/ 2k3/ 2k4 (best... EVER... team based online fps)
5) PlanetSide (MMOFPS... good idea, great implementation, and when you get continental battles... oh my... ;D)
6) Doom series (nuff said)
7) Half Life/ HL2 (best ever FPS, hands down. HUGE story, always pushed the limits of available technology at the time and there's more coming ;D )
8) Final Fantasy series (need I really say more? No? good)
9) XenoGears (in my mind, one of the greatest singlular RPGs ever)
10) Metal Gear Solid series (makes you feel like a real special ops dude :warstory
Honorable mention: Xenosaga 1 & 2 (great story, game okay), Gran Turismo series (best driving games ever), Lifeline (so far, the only completely voice controlled game I know of that actually WORKS), SSX series (wacky, fun, out there... great games), Metroid Prime series (AWESOME games), Legend of Zelda series (excluding 3DO games), F-Zero GX (you want high speed gaming, this is like a crack-addict's game), Soul Calibur series, Beyond Good and Evil (hugely awesome, but for some reason... is too short)
Yea Planetside WAS good, but I avoided most of the big battles because of lag. Maybe those issues are fixed now - I played a *long* time ago. In any case, you are probably interested in Huxley - a PC/Xbox 360 game coming out in a long time (I believe it was delayed). It is an MMOFPS just like Planetside, but it is set in a post-apocolyptic world. Anyone who enjoys shooters should definately check this game out.
Went out and bought it and found that I liked AOE II better. I will see how it goes, as I was really pissed off when it FROZE UP after the first level. Go to their site if you buy it and download the first Patch before you even think of playing AOE3. They are already working on a second Patch, and the game has only been out for a month. MS should get a grip on their products and put out a stable product.....this requirement for patches for a brand new game are rediculous. Nothing new for MS, eh!
I don't know if I would put these games on my top 10 of all time, but I got the Xbox 360 on Launch, and have bought 4 games since then. Project Gotham 3 is for hardcore racers, and is a game that requires lots of skill to excell at. NFS: Most Wanted is also great, more so if plain ol' racing is not enough. This game requires practically no skill to play, but the cop chases are f***ing amazing! Perfect Dark Zero is one of the best multiplayer shooters you'll ever play. 32 people online, and the game runs top-notch, and still looks beautiful. Kameo is also a great adventure game that is definately one of the best looking 360 games to date. This one is on par with Ocarina of Time. I shit you not. I highly recommend these games if you have a 360!
Right on! I never really liked PGR2 (I only liked looking through the Dealership, and test-driving cars). But the third one is amazing compared to it. The cars feel like they would in real life, and not like they are on shopping cart wheels like the first 2.