• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Too Quiet

meni0n said:
Did the racoons get any victims this year? Hate those darn bastards.

Yes they did visit us this year. 3 instances i can remember:

1. Female Det Commander was talking on the radio when she opened the door to the pod and saw the little buggers standing on the steps. I think the conversation went something like this; " 0 this is 12B. Do we have EEEEEEEEEK!!!"

2. One guy's tent was sectioned attack by a whole family of racoons and forced him out his sleeping bag.

3. Another guy was outsmarted by the racoons. Budy was eating his IMP on the steps to the pod when he heard shuffling noises coming from the bushes. He gets up to investigate. When he comes back and his IMP is gone.

Canadian Sig said:
And what you learn on your 3's is not actualy how it's done in a sigs unit.   :dontpanic:

Well my first post from overseas from not so sunny Africa. 

Now Canadian Sig, they would never teach anything at the school that it was not meant to be done in the real world, would they????

I hope I don't sound to synical.

Sig_Des said:
not from what I heard...and I was sooo looking forward to the old peanut butter on the AMU trick...

We actually did set up in 2 different civvie sites..Sandpit and the Quarry...

Sandpit to Simulate the Golan (and as someone who's been there, it's pretty close) and the quarry to simulate Afghanistan (can't say if it's really similar or not)

I have been to all three places and no not close!  The Golan is Lava rocks, Afghanistan is clay (at least in Kabul) and Kingston is the centre of all things evil especially the Regiment (he he).  Enough out of you CND Sig.  I know were you work.

Back