• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time for each phase

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many weeks each Phase II, III, and IV are for infantry officers? And I heard that Phase II goes three times a year, III twice, and IV once – is that correct? (And so it’s possible to do one after the other, but not likely?)
Cheers,
Ralph.

you may want to state Reg or reserve, and your plan of entry.

Aha - that would make a bit of difference...
Reg, DEO.
Thanks,
Ralph.

Ralph

The info I am about to post is from the Gagetown schedule (available on the internal D-Net)

All three courses are about 10-12 weeks long. Phase 2 is offered with September, February and May start dates (i.e. 3 times). Phase 3 is offered twice, once starting in February and once in May. Phase 4 is only offered once a year, starting in May.

With the military, though, these dates could change at a moment‘s notice.

Out of curiousity - are you just getting in now? I am in the Reserves, but am doing a CT to the Reg Force. Since I only have my Reserve BOTC, my processing is pretty much the same as for a DEO i.e. I will likely have to start from scratch in the Regs. My file is going before a selection board in May, and I‘m hoping to get on the BOTC course in September.

What about you? Maybe we‘ll run into each other this fall, depending on what your situation is.

Yup - I‘m up for the September one too. My file was completed in time for the December 02 board, but they were only hiring artillery.

Ralph

Hope you don‘t mind, but I looked back at some of your posts. Since you seemed to be in a similar situation as me, I thought maybe your posts would provide me with some info. Turns out we are in very similar spots - I am married, one kid, another due at end of March.

Anyway, I was reading some of your comments re: the selection board last Dec. What do you know about the one in May? I‘m driving myself crazy (typical) trying to imagine who I will be up against in the selection process. I know my background, credentials, references, med, PT, etc. are solid, but until I get that phone call I am like a kid on a Christmas Eve that never ends. Has your recruiting officer given you any idea of the number of spots available vs. number of applicants expected?

I was going to point out our similarities as well - except I‘ve forgotten most of my French and reserve training (I can still strip and clean a C1, I think). I asked my interviewer those questions as well and he couldn‘t/wouldn‘t say. I think somebody on the forum said they had three or four platoons on BOTP - keep in mind that‘s all three branches, of course. A buddy who commissioned from the regs last year told me a couple months ago there were ~40 captain spots open this year, so they‘ll need to fill at least that many 2Lt vacancies. The last I heard was that all the files are due at Borden at the end of April, and the board starts sitting right after Victoria Day. I put myself up for artillery because infantry was closed at the Dec. 02 board, and yeah, I know how you feel - every time the phone rang I crossed my fingers. Start gearing up to really worry in a couple months... ;)
Cheers and good luck,
Ralph.

Back