• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons expanding to the UK

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Isn't there one in Dubai/the UAE as well?

Daily Hive/Vancity Buzz

Tim Hortons announces UK expansion

Eric Wainwright Aug 31, 2016 7:13 am

You’ll soon be able to enjoy a double-double across the pond.

In a release this morning, Restaurant Brands International (we know, what an inspiring name), the parent company of Tim Hortons and Burger King, announced “the establishment of a master franchise joint venture with an investor in Great Britain.”

The expansion will see Tim Hortons’ opening up shop in England, Scotland, and Wales.

Just last month, Restaurant Brands International announced a very similar joint venture to expand the Tim Hortons brand in the Philippines.

(...SNIPPED)

S.M.A. said:
Isn't there one in Dubai/the UAE as well?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tim+horton's+dubai&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=vwXHV8f1LMaC8QfghoH4Aw&gws_rd=ssl#q=tim+hortons+dubai

Attachments

• web-baird-uae.jpg
    web-baird-uae.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 110
Will they be expanding to Africa as well?

I've had coffees at the one in the Dubai Mall a few times.  I always thought they tasted...different.

I really can't see Timmys taking off in the UK - at least not in London.  Drip coffee isn't as well-regarded across the pond compared to North America.

I always thought that opening up franchises in locations such as the Frankfurt am Main Airport would be a good start, with the large number of Canadian and American travelers passing through daily.

Helped a buddy run tours with Landrovers into Central BC, most of the clients were brits, I served them Ukrainian food (cabbage rolls and perogies) they loved them, but were unfamiliar with the food. I thought that a Ukrainian restaurant would do well in the UK.

Colin P said:
Helped a buddy run tours with Landrovers into Central BC, most of the clients were brits, I served them Ukrainian food (cabbage rolls and perogies) they loved them, but were unfamiliar with the food. I thought that a Ukrainian restaurant would do well in the UK.

I know that Polish and Ukrainian food aren't exactly the same, but I would have thought that with the amount of Poles in the UK, Brits would have at least had the staples like Pierogies?

Dimsum said:
I know that Polish and Ukrainian food aren't exactly the same, but I would have thought that with the amount of Poles in the UK, Brits would have at least had the staples like Pierogies?

It seems that, at least in London, they do,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=london+polish+area&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ehbHV6zBJceC8Qemg4HQBg&gws_rd=ssl#q=london+polish+food&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=51540148,-165750,7014&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:9

Dimsum said:
I really can't see Timmys taking off in the UK - at least not in London.  Drip coffee isn't as well-regarded across the pond compared to North America.

I love coffee, but my favorite at home is Turkish.

Dimsum said:

This was late 80 early 90's, I have heard the Brits have been weaned off the worst of their cooking since then.

My system is still recovering from everything being boiled or fried in fat. Then there was the can of spotted dick on the counter.

Back