• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Three DND Officials Fired

The other thing is what does this mean for SISIP?  If they are required to pay out, it could break the bank!  Jacking rates for those you have SISIP, maybe even making them un-competitive against private insurance.  Prehaps forcing the government to bail them out.  It will be interesting to see how the government will handle the pay out.  I assume that these firings are the first part of a multi-prong plan to distance the elected government from the policy.

The next logical step is force repayment through SISIP and put a bunch caveats on the payment, such as no retro-payments for the deceased or their dependents.  There will be all kinds of shades of gray attached to the re-payment policy.

wow,  thanks for getting this back on topic.  I think CANEX hijacked this thread over the important topic of SISIP clawback.  I did learn one thing,  a lot of CANEX haters out there!

maniac said:
wow,  thanks for getting this back on topic.  I think CANEX hijacked this thread over the important topic of SISIP clawback.

Hardly a hijack. Three were fired: Andre Bouchard was linked to SISIP, Randy Helgason was in charge of personnel support programs, and Gerry Mahon headed CANEX.

You having an interest in only one aspect of the issue doesn't automatically grant it the status of "important."

PuckChaser said:
You seem deadset against anything extra, even though at worst it is revenue-neutral and provides an excellent service to soldiers and their families.

In times of fiscal restraint, we need to focus on our core business.  I will not trade in training for CANEX niceties.

Back