• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is a good one!-Metallica Music

M

MAJOR_Baker

Los Angeles Times
April 27, 2004
Pg. 1

Mosque Targeted In Fallouja Fighting

By Tony Perry and Rick Loomis, Times Staff Writers

FALLOUJA, Iraq â ” A fierce battle Monday in a rubble-strewn neighborhood of this Sunni Muslim stronghold left one Marine and at least eight insurgents dead, casting a new shadow over prospects for a peaceful solution to the military standoff here.

During the two-hour midday fight, in which at least eight U.S. troops were wounded, a Marine tank demolished the 150-foot-tall minaret of a mosque, from which machine-gun fire had been raining onto Marines 200 yards away.

At one point, the combatants exchanged rifle fire 30 yards apart.

The insurgents were close enough to hurl grenades on top of a building where Marines were briefly pinned down.

Farther back, on the roof of a U.S. military compound, Marine snipers cranked up the volume on their CD player so they could listen to the music of Metallica as they fired at their foes.

heh. the PC world isn‘t gonna like that :(

a fellow private (prepping for Afghanistan now, good luck) told me a couple weeks ago that since old armies marched to battle with drum music, that we should be followed into battle by electric guitarists playing metallica songs, to reflect the times :D

Sadly the islamic world will just look at this as an attack on a mosque irregardless of whether it was used as a fortified position where Marines were being MG‘s from.

They‘ll turn it into a propaganda tool, and it will be used as another US attrocity throughout the islamic world.

Cheers,

Wes

i‘m not experienced, but i think marching to metallica would be kinda hard.

i‘m not experienced, but i think marching to metallica would be kinda hard.
...keeping with modern times, it would be during a section attack, since you don‘t march to time in the field ;)

Music ! I had a " walkman" connected to the intercom system of my tank, I used music to " Pump My Boys Up". We used tunes from AC/DC , and Guns ‘n Roses , to name a couple.

Originally posted by Old Cent‘ Hand:
[qb] Music ! I had a " walkman" connected to the intercom system of my tank, I used music to " Pump My Boys Up". We used tunes from AC/DC , and Guns ‘n Roses , to name a couple. [/qb]
ahahaha that‘s awesome..... :D :D

Back