• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

thinking about the military will it help me

slicktony

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't have my.highschool
I was a previous heroin and meth addict with everything inbetween from prescription opiates to benzos
For 5 years 

Don't really know what to do in life

I'm 20 years old I also have a lazy eye in which I'm half blind in

Any thoughts ?

As I'm sure most of the 77 other readers of your post thought, but didn't say :  Entering the recruiting process with the mindset of "what the military can do for you" isn't the way to approach it. That said, listing the litany of prior challenges you've encountered and seeking advice from the membership of this site will not provide definitive advice. If you are serious about THIS challenge, and want to know if you have something to offer the military, talk to a recruiter.

As an aside, in the CF, as with any professional endeavor, spelling, punctuation, and grammar all count.

Na its not a troll I had a rough go in my teens working a shit job  doing nothing really
I feel I need some structure in my life

Am I able to join if I don't have highschool education
I can do math real good it comes naturally

slicktony said:
Na its not a troll I had a rough go in my teens working a crap job  doing nothing really

I got this from the Forces site: in order to join you must have completed grade 10, but certain trades may require higher level of education (degree, diploma). 

slicktony said:
Na its not a troll I had a rough go in my teens working a shit job  doing nothing really

You should definitely get your GED before thinking about joining the CAF. 

CAF is a pretty great job opportunity in many ways - for many trades you need nothing more than HS (or even less), they'll train you fully, and it takes serious screwing up before they fire you.

But that's why it's also gotten progressively more competitive. Sure, you don't need to have completed a HS education - but if they have 50 applicants and 49 completed it, odds are they're not picking #50. This is a valuable steady job and many people see it that way and try to be as competitive as possible; it's not something you try on because it might "help you". What do you have to offer the CAF? What makes you better than the other applicants?

Nudibranch said:
CAF is a pretty great job opportunity in many ways - for many trades you need nothing more than HS (or even less), they'll train you fully, and it takes serious screwing up before they fire you.

But that's why it's also gotten progressively more competitive. Sure, you don't need to have completed a HS education - but if they have 50 applicants and 49 completed it, odds are they're not picking #50. This is a valuable steady job and many people see it that way and try to be as competitive as possible; it's not something you try on because it might "help you". What do you have to offer the CAF? What makes you better than the other applicants?

Competitive.. yes  ::) :-X

An assessment in the National Post >

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/17/canadas-military-forced-to-accept-fatter-less-educated-recruits-as-demographics-change-audit-reveals/

Recruitment funding has been cut by 30%.
When you spend less, you get less.
Auditors noted the budget for military recruiting has been slashed from $38.6 million in 2009-10 to $25.6 million this year, which has resulted in the closure of several recruiting centres. [...] they do not draw a link between those cuts and the declining quality in recruits.

Speaks to the article at hand >
http://i.imgur.com/6CPTL5f.jpg

Back