• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic Cannabis use

Imagine that, too much of something that doesn't have enough science to determine proper dosages is being over subscribed.

Maybe it's the beer, or the scotch, but I don't see where anyone is getting 10 grams a day.

I see that it's possible to get that much, but the only actual number I see is Blais talking about his six grams a day.

Far as how much that actually is, I'll leave that for people that know about it.

I have two friends who got out, and got very into the whole PTSD = Free Dope from VAC thing.

Its like crossfit, cultish I mean.  All they do now is talk about dope and laugh at the huge amount the government sends them, for free, in the mail.

Def not judging but not the way I want to seen from the outside.

Oh and if the QTYs are the same as I see my friends rolling in, well it seems to be allot.  But I never really got into weed so I really don't know what allot looks like.

Halifax Tar said:
I have two friends who got out, and got very into the whole PTSD = Free Dope from VAC thing.

Its like crossfit, cultish I mean. 

I have noticed a lot of my friend have as well.  Several are heavily involved in running the MTF, or whatever programs (I am bad with the less familiar acronyms.), and drop in centers.  I am far removed from close contact with any of those locations, so I have not opinion one way or the other in what will have to be a decision made by Medical professionals, should it come to that.

From the same science that sold you this.

Attachments

• cough syrup.jpg
    cough syrup.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 218
I've watched the growth of MFT via a couple of buddies who partake in the herb. Anecdotally....I can't say I've seen tidal change in their PTSD, the weed seems to alleviate symptoms but those I know who are MFT clients are almost 100% now seemingly stuck in the 'broken vet-medical marijuana user' pigeon hole.

Bloody good business model. Money literally growing on trees, courtesy of the Canadian tax payer.

The drugs I have or have not done, are between me and the recruitinf office... but...

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-does-on-gram-of-cannabis-look-like-a-visual-guide-to-cannabi

10 grams is roughly 20 decent joints (cigarette equivalent for those who dont know... i suspect not many here don't dun dun dun...)

So the equivalent of 1 pack of cigarettes a day, doesnt seem to bad. But if rolled into blunts (ciqar equivalent) 10 grams is not much at all...

I know a guy who knows a guy, who would conside 10 grams a day nothing... to me, it seems like a fair amount... then again the research on this topic is dismal and to many people abuse it too..

*whistles*
Abdullah

Ps many medical users actually sell what they dont need...

Halifax Tar said:

Its like crossfit, cultish I mean.  All they do now is talk about dope and laugh at the huge amount the government sends them, for free, in the mail.

Def not judging but not the way I want to seen from the outside.

Oh and if the QTYs are the same as I see my friends rolling in, well it seems to be allot.  But I never really got into weed so I really don't know what allot looks like.

You're friends are idiots and posers. These will be the assholes the press zeros on for their slanted articles.

Your description of PTSD = free dope from VAC is insulting and shows ignorance for both the injury and the treatment. Perhaps some reading, there's lots of info of both.

Again your friends are morons. Perhaps someone close to them should sort them out. And tell them their embarrassing our whole veteran family. No one wants to associate with that image.

There are many ways of ingesting cannabis. The simplest and most economical for quantity is a joint. It means inhaling all the burnt plant material. It can be used in a vaporiser which is cleaner but could mean a larger amount. Then there is edibles. Many users can't, or won't inhale.

Edibles start with having the useŕ process their medicine into a usable form for cooking and eating. This takes much more raw product than a person that just smokes it. Hence the larger amount.

AbdullahD said:
The drugs I have or have not done, are between me and the recruitinf office... but...

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-does-on-gram-of-cannabis-look-like-a-visual-guide-to-cannabi

10 grams is roughly 20 decent joints (cigarette equivalent for those who dont know... i suspect not many here don't dun dun dun...)

So the equivalent of 1 pack of cigarettes a day, doesnt seem to bad. But if rolled into blunts (ciqar equivalent) 10 grams is not much at all...

I know a guy who knows a guy, who would conside 10 grams a day nothing... to me, it seems like a fair amount... then again the research on this topic is dismal and to many people abuse it too..

*whistles*
Abdullah

Ps many medical users actually sell what they dont need...

You were doing not too bad, until that last statement. What is your basis or source? Are you talking about non Vet med users, or are you implying Vets are drug dealers? I'll wait for you to explain.

There is a huge thread guys, where there is a wealth of information, for Vets on this site. However you don't need to be a Vet to read it and maybe learn more about it.

Lastly, many different strains of cannabis are available. Some has a higher level of THC than CBD, which is more heady. Higher CBD.is for pain management and other symptoms and won't get you high when the THC level is in single number percentage.

This is a natural medicine, prescribed by a professional. Dosages, of any medication, is between the patient and doctor.

While we're on the subject of drugs and doses, ever see anyone that's on handfuls of oxy, percs or fentanyl for pain. Then some barbiturates or the like to get a few fretful hours of sleep.

If Stoffer wants to worry about Vets medication and welfare perhaps he should be going after big pharma instead.

edit for spelling

recceguy said:
You're friends are idiots and posers. These will be the assholes the press zeros on for their slanted articles.

Your description of PTSD = free dope from VAC is insulting and shows ignorance for both the injury and the treatment. Perhaps some reading, there's lots of info of both.

Again your friends are morons. Perhaps someone close to them should sort them out. And tell them their embarrassing our whole veteran family. No one wants to associate with that image.

There are many ways of injesting cannabis. The simplest  and most economical for quantity is a joint. It means inhaling all the burnt plant material. It can be used in a vaporiser which is cleaner but could mean a larger amount. Then there is edibles. Many users can't, or won't inhale.

Edibles start with having the useŕ process their medice into a usble form for cooking and eating. This takes much more raw product than a person that just smokes it.
You were doing not too bad, until that last statement. What is your basis or source? Are you talking about non Vet med users, or are you implying Vets are drug dealer? I'll wait for you to explain.

There is a huge thread guys, where there is a wealth of information for Vets on this site. However you don't need to be a Vet to read it and maybe learn more about it.

Lastly, many different strains of cannabis are available. Some has a higher level of THC than CBD., which is more heady. Higher CBD.is for pain management and won't get you high when the THC level is in single number percentage.

This is a natural medicine, prescribed by a professional. Dosages, of any medication is between the patient and doctor.

While we're on the subject of drugs and doses, ever see anyone that!s on handfuls of oxy, percs or fentynal for pain. Then some barbiturates or the like to get a few fretful hours.

If Stoffer wants to worry about Vets medication qnd welfare perhaps he should be going after big pharma instead.

Ok :)

Recceguy I am sorry, I did not mean to imply all or most vets were or are peddling drugs illegally. I am sure there is a percentage who are, but that is a given and beside the point.

My basis for making this assumption, is the fact I have driven cab in three different cities and in all three cities, I have seen people take taxi's to the dispensaries collect the drugs. Then in my car for quite a number of cases exchange it for money.

Now please note, I said many, not majority or any other term. There are many who do this. There is also a lawyer who flies to kamloops quite regularly who admitted to getting a prescription or whatever the hell it is for these drugs for a fee even though he doesnt need it for any medical reasons.

Also for the record, I have reported this crap to crime stoppers and surprisingly nothing happened ;)

Now since this is experience from my life, I won't go google anything... because I suspect my confirmation bias will be in full swing today ;) if you still feel I am out of line, I am kosher with that, even more so if you bring anything to debunk my belief :) but there is always some percentage of people, willing to abuse any system. So to deny that there are people abusing this system is unwise to do.

Abdullah

AbdullahD said:
My basis for making this assumption, is the fact I have driven cab in three different cities and in all three cities, I have seen people take taxi's to the dispensaries collect the drugs. Then in my car for quite a number of cases exchange it for money.

Since licensed  medical marijuana is only shipped through Canada Post your assumptions are based on nothing more than that your own assumptions.

Also any prescribed medication of any kind can and will be sold to others who can't obtain it legally. But that's also not to say that it's more prevalent or less so when it comes to marijuana.

Once you stop seeing it as a recreational drug in these instances we can start to to move past any stigma. I have been allotted Physio and Massage therapy sessions per month by VAC and it's definitely not cheap but no one is saying I shouldn't be getting this.

A simple side note, in case I wasn't clear above.THC is psychoactive. CBD is not. You will not get high from CBD, which is what many Veterans use. As well, cannabis contains terpenes that provide relief from a number of symptoms without getting high. Are Vets using THC dominant strains? Of course, because they also work, but not everyone does. So, please be careful with any blanket statements that show Vets as pot abusers.

Many users are now using only cannabis, opposed to the handfuls of opioids and other dangerous big pharma drugs the system had them on previously.

That is a good thing and worth the price alone to get away from the side effects of all the pharma drugs.

AbdullahD said:
Now since this is experience from my life, I won't go google anything... because I suspect my confirmation bias will be in full swing today ;)
Abdullah

...and you would be correct.  Though cannabis users would have an impossible time cutting into the real 'get free, sell high' world of Percocet and Oxytocin suppliers.

I've never tried marijuana.

But, I read today that Shoppers Drug Mart applied to start selling it.

3VPspecialty said:
Since licensed  medical marijuana is only shipped through Canada Post your assumptions are based on nothing more than that your own assumptions.

According to starbuds a medical cannabis dispensary I just personally called. You can buy medical marijuana and products directly from their locations or have it mailed to you. Maybe different areas have different rules?

Also any prescribed medication of any kind can and will be sold to others who can't obtain it legally. But that's also not to say that it's more prevalent or less so when it comes to marijuana.

I 110% agree

Once you stop seeing it as a recreational drug in these instances we can start to to move past any stigma. I have been allotted Physio and Massage therapy sessions per month by VAC and it's definitely not cheap but no one is saying I shouldn't be getting this.

People who use it recreationally are recreational drug users. People who are taking it primarily to help with an issue they have, are taking medicine.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
...and you would be correct.  Though cannabis users would have an impossible time cutting into the real 'get free, sell high' world of Percocet and Oxytocin suppliers.

Agreed, but it could make an easy way for a person to have some pocket money.

John Tescione said:
Recceguy and 3VPspecialty have covered anything I would say.

I have a thread to educate some of the others on this one, including their "Friends".

I am also prescribed 10 grams a day.  7 bullet holes, and Numerous OSIs, have caused me to ingest way to Big Pharma garbage, that i have finally found peace.  IF you don't use it, don't throw out armchair Doctor guesses on what is too much for someone.

Also, a lot of people develop tolerances to it. So they may have started at 3 or 4 grams a day and are now at 10 and potentially needing more.

10 grams really is not a hell of a lot.

Abdullah

recceguy said:
A simple side note, in case I wasn't clear above.THC is psychoactive. CBD is not. You will not get high from CBD, which is what many Veterans use. As well, cannabis contains terpenes that provide relief from a number of symptoms without getting high. Are Vets using THC dominant strains? Of course, because they also work, but not everyone does. So, please be careful with any blanket statements that show Vets as pot abusers.

Many users are now using only cannabis, opposed to the handfuls of opioids and other dangerous big pharma drugs the system had them on previously.

That is a good thing and worth the price alone to get away from the side effects of all the pharma drugs.

I've always been closed minded when it came to cannabis but recently I started looking in to cannabis as a pain relief alternate for a very ill family member. Doctors have him on a ton of Morphine, Oxycocet and fentanyl patches. That's not the first time I've had a first person view of doctor "pill pushing". Seems to be a huge industry with a lot of money to be made.

I agree that this guy from VAC is in no position to get between a doctor and patient when it comes to the amount of medication someone is prescribed and he's way out of his lanes.  At the same time though I can see some valid points maybe.  If doctors are prescribing marijuana with the same reckless abandon that they seem to with oxy etc.. (in some cases) then yes maybe some people are being given too much.

I've also spoken with a few people now (from VA, personal experiences) who have said it's just easier to shut up and hand out marijuana than to be the bad guy and be seen not supporting vets with PTSD/medical issues. Deal with that drama headache and attention. I can 100% see where they're coming from. 

Like Halifax Tar I have some acquaintances who unfortunately abuse the system. They managed to get a steady income of medical marijuana and it's a big joke to them. Yes they're assholes, yes they know they're assholes and they don't care. It takes away from legitimate requirement and use as well as vilifies in IMO.

I now think there can be some really good applications for medical marijuana. At the same time I think it's something that can be abused and we should look into checks and balances to help prevent any Joe Blow from leaving the forces to develop a sudden case of (non-legitimate) PTSD and need this stuff all of a sudden (again, personal experience with witnessing someone attempting this). 

I trust VAC as far as I can throw one of their buildings but having oversight accountability and balance with this stuff isn't a horrible idea either.

AbdullahD said:
According to starbuds a medical cannabis dispensary I just personally called. You can buy medical marijuana and products directly from their locations or have it mailed to you. Maybe different areas have different rules?

Dispensaries or any physical shop location is actually breaking the law and are not approved through VAC or the government as places to purchase marijuana. Most dispensaries are self regulated and are skirting the law. Not saying they are wrong just they are not a factor when dealing with VAC and weed.

3VPspecialty said:
Dispensaries or any physical shop location is actually breaking the law and are not approved through VAC or the government as places to purchase marijuana. Most dispensaries are self regulated and are skirting the law. Not saying they are wrong just they are not a factor when dealing with VAC and weed.

Okay, so we have two different issues at play then. Thanks for enlightening me, you had me wondering what was up enough to call them directly lol. I would hate to think I was that biased.

Thanks again

AbdullahD said:
Okay, so we have two different issues at play then. Thanks for enlightening me, you had me wondering what was up enough to call them directly lol. I would hate to think I was that biased.

Thanks again

Check out my thread, much will be explained.

Licensed Producers = LP = Registered growers and distributers of Medical Cannabis = Covered by VAC for Veterans

Dispensaries = Illegal = Anyone can open one, until raided = NO Coverage.

Back