• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

What could go wrong here?

Florida teen dies after he and a friend take turns shooting each other

It’s not a typical way to spend a lazy Sunday, and for a handful of boys in Belleview, Fla. their afternoon’s pastime turned deadly.

Police in Belleview, about 110 kilometres north of Orlando, received a call about a shooting late on the afternoon of April 3. When officers arrived at a residence, they found Christopher Broad Jr., who had been shot. He was rushed to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Four days later, Broad’s friend Joshua Vining was arrested for aggravated manslaughter of a child with a firearm, and another friend, Colton Whitler, was arrested for providing false information to police. Both boys are 17 years old.

During the investigation, police discovered evidence proving that Vining shot and killed Broad, 16, as the two were taking turns shooting at each other while wearing a vest that contained a form of body armour.

According to Click Orlando, 18-year-old Evan Vowell recorded the shooting on his cellphone and turned over the footage to be used as evidence.

Police said Vowell told police Vining first showed him, Broad, Whitler and at least one other juvenile a 9mm gun and a vest, asking if they “had ever seen anyone get shot with a bullet proof vest on.”

In the video, the website says, Broad is seen allegedly firing a single shot at Vining — who was wearing the vest — as Whitler stood nearby. Broad and Vining changed spots and Vining shot Broad in the vest once, Broad nodded, and Vining then shot Broad four more times, police said.

Whitler, who was initially interviewed as a witness to the shooting, lied about what took place and about who shot Broad.

The medical examiner’s office said the cause of Broad’s death was a single gunshot wound to the chest and the manner of death was listed as homicide, according to a probable cause affidavit, CNN reported. The affidavit also says when police arrived, they found Vining doing CPR on Broad.

Whitler first told dispatchers “my house just got shot up, my friend got shot in the chest,” stating he did not know how many suspects were involved. In his police interview, however, Whitler claimed Broad was shot by Vowell. No evidence of the residence being shot up was found, police said.

Vining and Whitler are both being charged as adults.

Link

So back in on the 12th police responding to an disturbance call arrest a women who is apparently high on meth and place her in the back of a police cruiser. While in the cruiser, the women is able to slip off her handcuffs, grabs an officers improperly stored carbine, spends a few minutes figuring out how to operate it and when she does opens fire, injuring a bystander and a police officer. Here are two videos of the same incident; first one showing the women in the cruiser and the second body cam film of the officers/bystanders outside.

I couldn’t find the Afghan withdrawal thread, so I thought it might also fit here 😅🤷🏼‍♂️

In all fairness though, it DOES sound like the Taliban are at least TRYING to establish a much more modern government than they had prior to 2001…

I’m not a fan by any means. But the fact that they now have a ‘National Defence University’ is a step in the right direction, as well as a designated spokesman.

I’m not sure how often they’ve been flying the choppers left behind, but I’m kinda surprised one didn’t crash sooner. Like a lot sooner.

I

I’m not a fan by any means. But the fact that they now have a ‘National Defence University’ is a step in the right direction, as well as a designated spokesman.

“University “ in the Taliban means advanced training in how to infiltrate and subjugate vulnerable populations.

View attachment 73627
I remember reading an account of another Vulcan (or perhaps this one) that was only certified for taxiing actually becoming airborne. Pesky gauges.

I remember seeing them at the CNI air show. Pretty impressive, and they had a distinctive howl. Hard to believe there was only 14 or 15 years between them and the Lancaster. Service life probably overlapped.

I remember reading an account of another Vulcan (or perhaps this one) that was only certified for taxiing actually becoming airborne. Pesky gauges.

I remember seeing them at the CNI air show. Pretty impressive, and they had a distinctive howl. Hard to believe there was only 14 or 15 years between them and the Lancaster. Service life probably overlapped.

There was a Victor bomber that got airborne during a high speed taxi. Im thinking maybe just keep them parked and run up the engines or they're going to lose one.

So was this Vulcan - I saw one in 1981 land in NB - kind of like the B47 equivalent?

Kind of... the V-Bomber fleet were initially designed to deliver Nukes but were overtaken by missile technology.

The Victors were re-configured to in flight refuellers, and the Vulcans continued in a conventional strike role until the mid-80s.

Old news but clearly falls within the WTF category. Who knows some people here might have been in the area when this happened?

Old news but clearly falls within the WTF category. Who knows some people here might have been in the area when this happened?

Interesting about the mines, we heard something about it at the time. This however was not an enjoyable trip down memory lane for me, who needs sleep anyway, amIright? I'm not asking for it's removal, the opposite in fact. This was the first time we'd seen this level of destruction within continental Europe since 1945, and driving through it was a real eye opener.

Back