• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

I'd like to think that the individual was terrible at karaoke.  Someone said the words along the line of "... you can shove it up your ass" and fisticuffs ensued.

Perhaps the couple won't admit that this was a drunken threesome gone wrong...  ;D

Yahoo News

Couple Wake Up To Find Naked Man In Bed With Them
Yahoo News– 7 hours ago

An Australian couple got the shock of their lives when woke up to find a naked stranger sleeping in bed next to them.
The pair, known only as Chris and Katie, went to bed in their home in Sydney like normal but when Katie woke up in the middle of the night, she found the unknown man in bed with them.
Describing the “terrifying” moment she saw the stranger, Katie told 9News: “Chris is on one side, I’m in the middle and then our stranger on the end right in with us.
“So just the sense of someone next to me who shouldn’t be there…
“He was asleep, I could feel heat.

(...SNIPPED)

S.M.A. said:
Perhaps the couple won't admit that this was a drunken threesome gone wrong...  ;D

Yahoo News

In certain cities in Oz, that's just a Saturday night.  Nothing to see here.... 

Dimsum said:
In certain cities in Oz, that's just a Saturday night.  Nothing to see here....

Hopefully that was not from personal experience. ;D

Some of the news we read really falls under one category: The WTF News

This one out of Toronto really is a candidate for The WTF News:

LINK

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.
Toronto man denied subsidized housing for not being Muslim
By Sean O’Shea
Reporter Global News

TORONTO — A disabled Toronto man had his name removed from the waiting list of a subsidized city apartment because he does not meet the main criteria for living there: being Muslim.

“It doesn’t make any sense; I lived in Texas, that doesn’t make sense even there,” said Austin Lewis, 21, who is paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair.

Lewis is attempting to find subsidized, rent-to-income accommodations in Toronto. He has applied to dozens of apartments through Housing Connections, an organization that manages a waiting list of applicants applying for subsidized housing.

This week, Lewis received a letter from Housing Connections, informing him he would be taken off the list for an apartment at 3001 Finch Ave. West, operated by Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace Inc.

The letter reads, in part: “The vision of this community includes providing housing for households in which at least one person is a member of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at. This means if none of the individuals of your household are a member … you will be removed from the waiting list.”

“It’s prejudiced, it’s racist,” said Laura Whiteway of Brampton, Lewis’s mother. “It’s wrong on every single level: this goes against everything Canada represents to me.”

Whiteway contacted Global News after receiving the letter, which she says unfairly discriminates against her son because he is not Muslim.

“If it’s legal, it should not be legal; it’s insulting, that’s what it is,” she said.

Under provincial law, renters aren’t supposed to be denied accommodations on the basis of religion.

“The purpose of the Human Rights Code in Ontario is to make sure people feel as though they are part of the community and that their dignity and their worth is protected,” said Shane Martinez, a Toronto criminal defence lawyer who specializes in human rights issues.

“The Human Rights Code for the province still applies and is really the paramount legislation that needs to be given consideration in a situation like this,” Martinez added.

But the city of Toronto says the practice of allowing only certain ethnic or religious groups is legally acceptable.

“Ahmadiyya has received approval under Council authority to enter into an Agreement to establish a Mandate to restrict tenancy to ‘members of the Muslim Jama’at’ in accordance with the requirements approved by City Council in November 2002. The Agreement to Establish a Mandate has been executed by both parties and has a five year term with an effective date of Jan 1, 2015,” according to John Gosgnach, communications manager for the City of Toronto.

“The City’s mandate policy allows social housing providers to restrict their housing to individuals belonging to an identifiable ethnic or religious group if specific conditions are met,” Gosgnach said.

“The housing provider must provide the City with a legal opinion that they are meeting the requirements of Section 18 of the Ontario Human Rights Code by providing services and facilities to support the members of the identifiable ethnic or religious group.”
Gosgnach said the same provision allows other groups to do the same “including seniors, artists, aboriginal, homeless/hard-to-house, individuals with AIDS and ethnic and religious groups including Christian and individuals of Lithuanian, Macedonian, Greek, Chinese, Hungarian and German origin.”

But Whiteway says her son is already facing an uphill battle to find housing because of his physical disability; having another option taken away makes a bad situation worse.

“I thought we were moving forward,” she said. “We are a melting pot; this does not reflect that.”

Lewis says he “wouldn’t mind a bit” living in a building that was predominantly occupied by Muslims, or anyone else.

“People are people, they do what they do: they can pray to a tree, I don’t care, it doesn’t impact me,” he said.

© Shaw Media, 2015

Video on LINK.

Does Toronto really want to create Ghettos?

Best ask FortYorkRifleman, he's the expert on the wholesomeness, all inclusive and friendly nature of everything Toronto. I'm sure he can explain it to us.

George Wallace said:
Some of the news we read really falls under one category: The WTF News

This one out of Toronto really is a candidate for The WTF News:

He was taken off the list for one apartment building, not the entire list.  I'd say that the operators of the building, Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace Inc, stated their prerequisites right up front: “The vision of this community includes providing housing for households in which at least one person is a member of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at. This means if none of the individuals of your household are a member … you will be removed from the waiting list.”

Is it discriminatory?  Probably.  Would I want to live there?  No.

Also, from this article:

“The City’s mandate policy allows social housing providers to restrict their housing to individuals belonging to an identifiable ethnic or religious group if specific conditions are met,” Gosgnach said.

“The housing provider must provide the City with a legal opinion that they are meeting the requirements of Section 18 of the Ontario Human Rights Code by providing services and facilities to support the members of the identifiable ethnic or religious group.”

Gosgnach said the same provision allows other groups to do the same “including seniors, artists, aboriginal, homeless/hard-to-house, individuals with AIDS and ethnic and religious groups including Christian and individuals of Lithuanian, Macedonian, Greek, Chinese, Hungarian and German origin.”

So, there you go....

PMedMoe said:
...Gosgnach said the same provision allows other groups to do the same “including seniors, artists, aboriginal, homeless/hard-to-house, individuals with AIDS and ethnic and religious groups including Christian and individuals of Lithuanian, Macedonian, Greek, Chinese, Hungarian and German origin.”

"Good Day, I would like to apply to live in a home provided by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services."

"But Sir, you're not an Aboriginal..."

"DISCRIMINATION!"

Lumber said:
"Good Day, I would like to apply to live in a home provided by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services."

"But Sir, you're not an Aboriginal..."

"DISCRIMINATION!"

Yes, but I think the original story was trying to cast the discrimination stone at Muslims only.

How about this story?

Man 'flabbergasted' to hear Nor-Villa Hotel doesn't rent to Winnipeggers

Lance Bartlett says he was looking for a good night's sleep when he looked up a Winnipeg hotel online.

Bartlett is recovering from an accident and has trouble sleeping. He decided to check himself into a nearby hotel for a night so he could get some rest and give his wife a break.

He decided to go the Nor Villa on Henderson Highway. Bartlett handed the female employee at the front desk his identification and a credit card.

"The moment she saw my address, she says she couldn't help me because they have a policy of not renting to Winnipeg residents. I said, 'Pardon me?'"

Bartlett asked the employee to contact her manager because he couldn't believe it. The clerk got off the phone and said the manager confirmed what she told Bartlett.

"I was floored. Absolutely floored. So I said, 'Let me be clear: you have rooms for rent? She said 'Yes.' But you won't rent me a room because I am a resident of Winnipeg. She said 'Yes.'"

More at link

I am not surprised....the Nor Villa had a reputation and lots and lots of wild after bar parties....tore it up pretty good we did.....no not surprised at all...............

"I looked up the Nor Villa on the internet. There is nothing about 'We don't rent to Winnipeg residents,'" he says. "There is no sign in their lobby stating these facts."

Well, I guess they corrected that. http://www.norvillahotel.com/

To boldy drink where no Briton has drank before!!!  ;D GAN-BEI! (Cheers!)

Shanghaiist (EDITED TO FIX SOURCE LINK)

Brave British reporter sips own pee with leader of China Urine Therapy Association

A truly intrepid reporter for MailOnline decided to have a go at "urine therapy", the practice of drinking one's own pee for perceived health benefits, during a recent meeting with a leader of the China Urine Therapy Association. The results are pretty much what you'd expect.

The China Urine Therapy was founded in Hong Kong back in 2008, and has since amassed a following of some 1,000 members, all of whom swear by drinking their own piss as an effective treatment for anything from age spots to cancer.
Last year, we reported about a member in Wuhan who insisted that gulping down his own pee for over a year is what cured his hyperthyroidism.

(...SNIPPED)

edited to fix link

S.M.A. said:

Shanghaiist
Hey - they drink warm beer and some of their lagers taste like pee, so it's not terribly exotic to a Briton.

S.M.A. said:

Shanghaiist

What has drinking your own piss got to do with the link that you provided, which is titled "Shenzhen Goldman Sachs the latest copycat to be exposed in China"?  As for "urine therapy", what's new about that.  I recall an interview (on 60 Minutes), nearly forty years ago, with the then Prime Minister of India, Morarji Desai, in which he discussed the benefits of his practise of drinking his urine.  As for a Brit, I've seen some (admittedly when they were drunk) consume things much more vile.

Blackadder1916 said:
What has drinking your own piss got to do with the link that you provided, which is titled "Shenzhen Goldman Sachs the latest copycat to be exposed in China"? 

My apologies. I placed the wrong article link in my previous post above. I've corrected the link.

You'll also notice that both the "Goldman Sachs copycat" article and the "Briton drinking urine" article are both from the Shanghaiist blog site, which is compiled by and read mostly by foreign expats who either currently live in or used to live in China.

I watched a Brit drink his own pee once.  Mind you, he was a rugby player and we were at a beer keller (sp?) in Munich during Oktoberfest (I was attending an Oktoberfest rugby tournament).  The fact that he was also a stock broker didn't stop him either.  Even my British Army mates (I was playing for a British Army team) though that was a bit much!

Classic, not sure if it true or not, but if is ain't it should be  ;D

http://xbradtc.com/2015/09/28/improvise-adapt-overcome/

Please, for the love of God, tell me that this is Not True:

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

Muslims claiming cash for numerous wives

TOM GODFREY -- SUN MEDIA
Oct 5, 2015, Last Updated: 5:35 PM ET

Hundreds of GTA Muslim men in polygamous marriages -- some with a harem of wives -- are receiving welfare and social benefits for each of their spouses, thanks to the city and province, Muslim leaders say.

Mumtaz Ali, president of the Canadian Society of Muslims, said wives in polygamous marriages are recognized as spouses under the Ontario Family Law Act, providing they were legally married under Muslim laws abroad.

"Polygamy is a regular part of life for many Muslims," Ali said yesterday. "Ontario recognizes religious marriages for Muslims and others."

He estimates "several hundred" GTA husbands in polygamous marriages are receiving benefits. Under Islamic law, a Muslim man is permitted to have up to four spouses.

However, city and provincial officials said legally a welfare applicant can claim only one spouse. Other adults living in the same household can apply for welfare independently.

The average recipient with a child can receive about $1,500 monthly, city officials said.

FAMILY LAW ACT

In addressing the issue of polygamous marriages, the preamble to the Ontario Family Law Act states: "In the definition of 'spouse,' a reference to marriage includes a marriage that is actually or potentially polygamous, if it was celebrated in a jurisdiction whose system of law recognizes it as valid. R.S.O. 1990, c. F.3, s. 1 (2)."

"There are many people in the community who are taking advantage of this," Ali said. "This is a law and there's nothing wrong with it."

Immigration officials said yesterday that polygamous marriages aren't allowed in Canada, but that contradicts the provincial law.

"Canada is a very liberal-minded country," Ali said. "Canada is way ahead of Britain in this respect."

He said Britain recently began permitting husbands to collect benefits for each of their wives.

The British government recently admitted that nearly a thousand men are living legally with multiple wives in Britain. Although the families are entitled to claim social security for each wife, the department for work and pensions said it has not counted how many are on benefits.

In Canada, Ali said, the man and his main wife and children enter Canada as landed immigrants. The other spouses are sponsored or arrive as visitors to join their husband to share one home.

POSSIBLE FRAUD

The families receiving benefits didn't want their identities released because it can lead to questions by authorities on how they entered Canada and can mean an end to their benefits, Ali said.

Brenda Nesbitt, the city's director of social services, said benefits are only paid to one spouse and names and addresses are cross-checked for possible fraud.

"There may be polygamous cases we are not aware off," Nesbitt said yesterday. "They can apply as single people and we won't know."

Ontario Community and Social Services spokesman Erike Botond said a social assistance benefit may only include one spouse. "Other adults residing in the same dwelling place as a recipient and their spouse may apply as individuals."

"I can assure you that polygamy is not recognized under immigration legislation," immigration spokesman Karen Shadd-Evelyn said yesterday. "A conjugal relationship, whether involving marriage or a common-law partnership, must be exclusive."

Councillor Rob Ford said taxpayers' money should be spent on education and schools instead.

"This is wrong," Ford said yesterday. "They should put a stop to this immediately."

LINK

Possible FRAUD?  No Shyte!  End this BS now.

Back