• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Military and saluting

F

Fader

Why is it Americans salute without head dress? I don‘t know, but I think it just looks retarded. Anyone have an explanation for that?

Just a Funny Side Note on Saluting and Americans

A week or Two back my Sqn held its annual review, my last before i go for BMQ in the fall, and our RO was an American Loo-Tenant Colonel, anemd Kaiser. Well During the march past when I called for an Eyes Right as passing the reviewing dais, all my officers saluted and he snapped off a quick salute, and then realized that the salute was still supposed to held until the unit had passed. Man did he have a red face

P.S. Do not make the following joke to your CO when the RO is 2 hrs late "Ve cannot start za war vith out za Kaiser!"

The US Army has a strict policy of if your under cover (read indoors) you shall remove your cover. That one go me into a bit of trouble a couple times when on SUE with the Yanks. Secondly, as a sign of repect in a supriors‘ office wether indoor or out, you shall start and finish with proper compliments to your superior.

In Canada, we have a similar thing about coming to attention entering and exiting offices that is not far off.

Back