• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Supplementary Reserve.

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Hello all,

It was just brought to my attention that the SRR will cease to exist on 1 April, 2003. The only optin available to those leaving the military will be to go to the SHR. The body of the email I received is below:

>Effective 01 Apr 03 all SRR Manning agencies in the CF with be
> relocated to Ottawa DMHRR. Further, all members currently on the SRR
> with be transferred to the SHR UIC 0812.
>
> Effective immediately no SRR/SHR applications are to be forwarded to
> this HQ for approval. The member can now only apply to transfer to
> the SHR 0812. Approving authority will be the releasing auth. The
> 1117 will still have to be completed and forwarded to DMHRR 2-6-3.
>
> Further information will be provided when made available from Ottawa.

Umm. Humor a new member of the forces.

What‘s SRR and SHR?

SRR - Supplementary Ready Reserve
SHR - Supplementary Holding Reserve

Both are kind of like a reserve force that can be called upon during major crisis

What is the supplementary reserve? Do they actually come out for training?

The SupRes is a component of Canada's Reserve Force (much like the PRes is a component of the Reserve Force).   Members are not obliged to participate in training or active duty.   However, they can be placed on active duty by an order from the Govoner in Council (just like the PRes can be).

And in the PRes you only have to do one day per month, some units make allowances for job conflicts. Some units also have their own policy like mine, all NCO's must attend 75% of training.

Sharp WO

When I was in the Reserves, I remember hearing that if you were in the supp reserve you still had to parade at least once a year... Being that I haven't been in the reserves in like 4years, I'm kind of curious to see if this is still true or if it ever was, anyone know?

When I retired from the military in 1980, I joined the Supplementry Reserves. I was sent information quite regularly, then after the big cuts in the military....the information stopped coming, and I have heard nothing else from anyone at NDHQ.

Question: Does NDHQ are inform you when you no longer are in the Supplementry Reserve....or is it like that saying "Old Soldiers never die, they just fade away". Would I still be in the Supplementry Reserve, if I was never released from it ????     :salute: >:D

Back