• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Spam and Scam Superthread- Merged

Here's a new one, sorry its a bit long .

Cheers.

PRIVATE EMAIL: isa2@yahoo.cn DEAR SIR, MY NAME IS MR ISA ISA OF TELEX/COMPUTER DEPARTMENT OF THE AFRICANDEVELOPMENT BANK, LAGOS NIGERIA.I AM SENDING THIS PRIVATE EMAIL BASED ON THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THETRANSACTION. PLEASE, I WILL LIKE TO ADVISE IF AFTER GOING THROUGH MYPROPOSAL AND YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT, KINDLY KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. AS OFTHIS MOMENT, I AM STILL IN SERVICE WITH THE ADB NIGERIA (ADB). AND I WILL NOT BY ANY MEANS LIKE TO LOSE MY JOB, IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED.I HAVE PUT IN OVER 23 YEARS IN THIS BANK BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TOSHOW FOR IT.THIS IS JUST MY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SURE THAT I GIVE MYCHILDREN A DECENT TRAINING SINCE MY GOVT. WHICH IS CORRUPT HAS REFUSED TO TAKE CARE OF ITS RESPONSIBILITY. INFACT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING HERE I NEED TO GET OUT. I FOUND OUT THAT YOU ALMOST MET ALL THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS INRESPECT OF YOUR PAYMENT. PLEASE BE EQUALLY ADVISED THAT NO SECURITY COMPANY IN AFRICA CAN HANDLE YOUR CONTRACT PAYMENT/INHERITANCE FUND WITH ANY BANK WITHOUT THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK, NIGERIA.YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT OF INTEREST GROUP IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER YOUR FUND WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE ADB. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR PAYMENT AND THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOU RECEIVE EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVERYDAY. THEIR WHOLE GAME PLAN IS TO FRUSTRATE YOUIN ORDER FOR YOU TO ABANDON THE CONTRACT PAYMENT AND THEN, THEY WILL BE COMFORTABLE AND FREE ENOUGH TO TRANSFER THE CONTRACT FUNDS INTO THEIR OVERSEASACCOUNT. THEIR AIM AND TARGET IS NOT THE MONEY YOU ARE GIVING THEM BUT TO FRUSTRATE YOU. HENCE, YOU HAVE LOST TRUST ON WHOM TO BELIEVE TO BE GENUINE. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THIS MAY LAST FOR YEARS, YET NOTHING HAPPENS. TO SUM IT UP, I WISH TO ASSURE YOU THAT WITH MY POSITION HERE IN THE TELEX DEPARTMENT, I CAN PUNCH THE COMPUTER AND CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT STRAIGHT.I CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS UNDER FIVE WORKING DAYS. BUT WE HAVE TO REACH ANAGREEMENT. FIRST OF ALL, YOU HAVE TO LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WILL GIVE ME AT THE CONSUMMATION OF THIS DEAL.FINALLY, YOU WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT TO KEEP THIS TRANSACTION STRICTLYCONFIDENTIAL IF YOU ACCEPT MY PROPOSAL, KINDLY GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY ON MYPRIVATE EMAIL: isa2@yahoo.cn AND CONFIRM YOUR PARTICULARSON REPLY.REGARDS,MR ISA ISA

Pat in Halifax said:
The conversations remained civil (not chat sex), continued in broken english but amazingly though, there was never a query for money!
Don't get me wrong - I am not saying this is real by any means but I oft wonder if even 1 in a thousand of these that you get just might be legit?????

Holy smokes man!  If there was no talk of money, for sure it was legit!  You might have lost out on the love of a lifetime  :'(

Ah but I found the love of a lifetime a couple years later (My wife may look at this!!!!)

Wow, here is a great, real life one!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/01/27/nigerian-haitian-refugee.html

Haiti escapee seeks refugee status

Last Updated: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 | 6:35 PM ET

Idorenyin Amana's client is seeking refugee status in Canada after escaping Haiti by posing as a Canadian. (CBC)
A Nigerian man who was flown to Montreal by Canadian aid officials after the earthquake in Haiti will spend the next 30 days in detention while immigration officials decide his fate.

Martins Abu said he moved from Nigeria to Haiti one week before the earthquake hit in order to be re-united with his family. Both his parents and his three brothers were killed in the Jan. 12 earthquake, he said.

He went for days without food or water and then by chance found a credit card on the road, he said. Information on the back of the card indicated it was from Canada.

"I took the credit card to the embassy and I claimed the name on it. So they asked for the name, I bring the name out," said Abu, speaking to the CBC from the Laval Detention Centre, north of Montreal.

Abu said he was able to convince officials to let him on a Canadian Forces airplane bound for Montreal. Like all Canadians rescued from Haiti, he was offered shelter at a Montreal-area hotel and given $200 to buy clothes.

However, he was detained by immigration officials soon after the shopping spree because he didn't have any identification, he said.

Immigration Concerns
At a hearing on Wednesday, the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board ruled that Abu will remain in Canada for the next 30 days, while officials try to find documentation to prove his identity. Abu wants to apply for refugee status in Canada.

"Much of what he might have had as identity documents is under the rubble in Haiti with his family," said Abu's lawyer, Idorenyin Amana.

Friends and family in Nigeria are trying to locate identification that they might be able to send to Canadian officials, added Amana.

The lawyer says his client is very distraught and has suffered a double tragedy after losing his family and ending up in detention.

"At the hearing he was emotional. He was crying. Especially when he recalled the family," said Amana.

He added that Abu won't face any prosecution for using someone else's credit card as identification, because he is claiming refugee status.

"It's accommodated in the law that you can not prosecute me for coming to Canada with false papers if I came here for protection. So it's no issue at all," he said.
Abu's next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 26.

Yup, that's awesome.  This clown knows our system that well and he just got here?  Who wants to bet that he is one of the escapees from the prisons that got totalled in the earthquake?  All that destruction, yet this clown manages to find a Canadian credit card?!  I call bovine fecal matter.  Extra awesome?  After the 30 days when they can't find any of his paperwork?  He gets released anyway, put on welfare, free health care, free shelter, free clothes etc etc...
Work hard and pay your taxes so others don't have to.

I've rec'd this twice in the last 2 weeks.

Hello!

Unfortunately we failed to deliver postal package which was sent on the 1st of December in time
because the addressee's address is inexact.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

United Parcel Service of America.

It had a zipped attachment with it.  I deleted it right away because UPS calls the sender if they can't find the address. 
Scambusters also had it posted as an alert.  It turns out the att is a trojan used for phishing and hacker control of your machine but it sneaks through email scans because it's zipped.

I guess some people never quit.

Complement of the day,

Although you might be apprehensive about my email as we
have not meet before,My name is Mr. Jerry Ntai  I work
with Mevas Bank(Head of Operations).I have a business
proposal in the tune of $19.5m to be transferred to an
offshore account with your assistance.

Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank
account we shall then share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30%
for you.

Should you be interested please send me your,

1, Full names,
2, private phone number,
3, current residential address,
4, 0ccupation,
5, Country,

Finally after that I shall provide you with more details,
My Contact Number Is: +8613539710477

Kind Regards,
Mr. Jerry Ntai.

Apprehensive?  Of course not, I enjoy getting emails from complete strangers!    ::)

I have a better proposal.  How about 70% for me and 30% for you, since you need my help?  8)

If it wasn't so serious, it would be laughfable and I thought my English was bad.

My Friend, This is to inform you that your payment of $1.500, 000, 00 USD has arranged to be sending to you via western union money transfer. They will be sending to your amount of $5,000.00USD every day until you receive the sum of $1.500, 000, 00 USD completed. But the Funds Transaction Papers should be activating before sending it to you. Therefore I want you to email Dr. Frederic LEROY : the western union supervisor and ask him to give you the MTCN you need to pick up the first $5, 000USD  Here is what he may require from you.  Your Receiver Name===============Tel: ==============Address===============Text Question===============Answer===============Occupation===============ID Card=============== Note: that you will send to them the sum $98, 00 USD only for activation fee of your Funds Transaction Papers because it has lasted too long in Africa. Please keep me inform as soon as you send the fee to Dr. Frederic LEROY, for faster wire the first payment of $5, 000, 00 USD to you: You should contact him now on this web mail address: (w_union1978@hotmail.fr) or phone: +22997582475  Best Regards, Mrs Linda MC KEYS

Indeed it is difficult to remember this long-lost old friend whom I'm confident I' ve never met in this lifetime.  Needless to say I so thrilled and ecstatic that he so fondly remembers me that I tell what I'm gonna do.  I'm going to decline his generous gift and let the bank draft lapse so that these funds can be re-directed to Robert's favorite charity - his church him.

BTW, isn't Christian a male name? Or maybe it's Jane Christian? Or maybe it's even Christine Jane Flimflam?

36 Ire-Atari Estate Road Isolo.
http:// stmaryscatholicchurchisolo.org
TELL PHONE: +234 8123 230077

My Dear Friend,

I am happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transferred under the

co-operation of a new partner from United Kingdom. Although you might find it difficult to

remember me, since it has indeed been quite a long time.

However, I am much elated and privileged to contact you again after this long time. While it

takes faith and courage to remember old friends and at the same time, to show gratitude to

them in-spite of circumstances that may have disrupted our transaction ultimately not to work

out as we projected.

Nevertheless, I take this liberty to inform you that the transaction we were pursuing then

together, finally worked out by the infinite mercy of GOD Almighty and I've decided to contact

you, just to let you know the present situation.

I must inform you also that I am presently in United Kingdom for business negotiations and

establishment and with a sincere heart, I have raised and signed an International Cashier's

Bank Draft, to the tune of $850,000usd in your name as Compensation for your dedication and

humane contribution as it were. I will be very busy here at the moment because of the

investment projects that me and my new partners are having at hand.

The bank draft is under Mrs.Christian Jane so not also accept any fax or telephone calls that do

not come from her She is the only person I instructed and directed on how to deliver the draft

to you.

Therefore, I implore you to contact her immediately you read this message for further

information on how to receive your draft, for I have conscience as a human being, and I really

appreciated your tremendous effort and contribution made to make things work out but which

we couldn't complete due to circumstances beyond our control.

In view of this, you are to contact Mrs.Christian Jane below is his contact.
Apex Security Finanace & Security House
Contact person: Mrs.Christian Jane
E-mail: murrayjames12@ig.com.br
Contact Phone number: +234 8123 230077

Note: She is waiting to hear from you so that she can ship the ICBD to your residence/office

address as you may instruct her where to send it to with your full detailed information as

regards delivery.

Take note and bear in mind that the International Cashier Bank Draft has a validity period of 30

banking days, as such it is expedient you contact him and thus have modality put in place to

conclude this arrangement in the earliest possible time.

Sincerely,
Mr.Robert  Sandt

Shec said:
BTW, isn't Christian a male name? Or maybe it's Jane Christian? Or maybe it's even Christine Jane Flimflam?

Whatever her name is, she picked a rather curious email address:  murrayjames12@ig.com.br
Better written than the average one though. 

Here we go again, with a new twist, its from a Lt.Gen. and looks like a ID theft scam.

The only thing Ole Nick ever Commanded was probaley, the Pimping of his Ten Year Old Sister

Sorry for the length of it, as usual BEWARE my friends.

Cheers.

DIPLOMATIC PACKAGE FROM OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY!!!‏
From:  Lt. General Nick Udemba (nickudemba93@poczta.onet.eu) 

Sent: Fri 2/26/10 4:37 PM
To: 

THE PRESIDENCY OFFICEAso Rock villa, Asokoro District, Abuja Direct Confidential telephone number +234-709-123-7478 Email: (gen.nickudemba@yahoo.com.hk)Nigeria Foreign payment allocation Transaction/delivery code (/PRFGN/ FEC/ESSX) Strictly follow these security instructions and disregard any replica of this letter without the actual security code.  Clinical diplomatic package immunity risk free delivery payment Fund Beneficiary, I am Lt. General Nick Udemba. National Security Adviser to the New President Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua Federal Republic of Nigeria, I am happy to inform you that the contract panel, which just concluded it seating in Abuja just released your name among contractors/inheritors to benefit from the Diplomatic risk free Immunity Payment. This Panel was primarily delegated to investigate Manipulated contract and inheritance claims, contracts and over-invoiced payment as the negative effects has eaten deep into The Economy of our dear country. Disregard any replica of this message without the presidential allocation code as stated above. However, we wish to bring to your notice that your contract / inheritance profile is still reflecting in our central Computeronic presidential system as an unpaid contract / inheritance during auditing excise. Your payment file was forwarded To my office by the auditors as unclaimed fund, we wish to use this medium to inform you that for the time being, Federal Government of Ni In this regards, we are going to release your foreign part payment of 6.7 Million USD through an accredited security clinical shipping company, I will secure every needed documents to cover the money from all illegal odds. Note: The funds are coming on 2 security proof boxes, wrap with a security foil. The boxes are sealed with synthetic nylon seal and padded with machine. Please you don't have to worry for anything, as the transaction is 100% risk free. The boxes are coming with Diplomatic agents who will accompany the boxes to your house address. All you need to do now is to send to me your full house address and your identity such as, international Passport or drivers license and your mobile phone and telephone number, The Diplomatic Attach will travel with it. He will call you immediately he arrives your country's airport. I hope you understand me.  Note: The diplomat does not know the original contents of the boxes. What l declared to them as the contents is Photographic Film Materials for security reasons. I did not declare the content as money to them please. If they call you and ask you the contents please tell them the same thing Ok. Call me on my direct phone (+234 8059390985.) Email: (gen.nickudemba@yahoo.com.hk)  I will let you know how far I have gone with the arrangement. I will secure all the approved clearances for smooth delivery which will make it scale through every security and customs Checking points all over the world without hitch. Confirm the receipt of this message and Send the requirements to me immediately you receive this message. Please I need urgent reply because the boxes are schedule to live as soon as we hear from you. Call me immediately.  1) YOUR FULL NAME 2) PHONE AND FAX NUMBER 3) ADDRESS WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND 4) YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCPATION 5) A COPY OF YOUR IDENTITY  Congratulations.  Best Regards, Lt. General Nick Udemba, National Security Adviser to the President Federal Republic of NigeriaTelephone +234-709-123-7478

Here we go again, just after I finished the last one.

Oh ! yes, I'd be running to the Western Union Office, if it wasn't for the Six Foot High Snow Banks outside my House. After all who would'nt, just a $110.00, but I'm confussed, is that USD or Canadian.

Cheers.

Here is the western union information to pick up the $7000.00usd.‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Mon 3/01/10 11:59 AM
To: 

Attention Dear Beneficiary,

How are you today?I write to inform you that we have already sent you $7000.00 usd dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of $2.8Million USD,via western union by this governemnt.I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but you did not pick up my calls through out that yesterday even this morning.
Now,I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up the $7000.00 usd to enable us send another $7000.00 usd today as you know we will be sending you only $7000.00 usd per day.and it was agree that you will pay the sum of $110 before they will realease the payment to you.

Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the $7000.00 usd and call Director of Opration JOHNSON MATTSON because he is the person incharge for your payment so that he can send you another payment today,phone line +22997 998 011,Email( western.uniononlinetr@hotmail.com  )call or email Him once you picked up the $7000.00 USD today.Here is the western union information to pick up the $7000.00; which you will be receiving your payment $7000.00 Us Dollars immediately you sent them their transfer charge of $110 and it will serve as re-confirmation of your file payment from the office in charge.So you are to contact them on below information,

Sender First Name: Eugene Mmokwe
MTCN NUMBERS : 6300217288
Question:Who made you?
Answer:God
Amount: $7000 USD

Be advise that the $110 is a compulsory as they told me that is  only money you will pay until you receive your payment completely,And you have to re-confirm your full Name and home address and direct phone number to avoide any wrong depoiste okay.
I am waiting for your call once you pick up this $7000.00 usd,Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the informations.
Thank,
Barrister Douss Samuel.
Try to call him with his cel phone number +229 97 99 80 11

I like the one from the "general".  Not only are they going to send you a fantastic pile of money you don't deserve or warrant, but they will use diplomatic immunity to smuggle the money into the country.  Boy, imagine the look on the RBC clerks face! 

Received this one twice this week.  Does that mean I stand to inherit $10 Million ??

POST  BANK PLC
Registered Office: Post House, Alausa
Ikeja, Lagos . Registered No: 973008 NG.
Private Mailbag: M2 3LS: cable: pbank.

To Whom It May Concern,

You have received this email, because your email was listed for the payment of $5million debt settlement program of the Federal Ministry of Finance with the assistance of the United Nation/EU/AU Financial Empowerment Scheme

This email came to you because the Federal Ministry of Finance has agreed to pay your inheritance fund of the sum of US$5,000,000.00 (Five Million United States Dollars). This includes every foreign transaction that you may have not received your contract sum.

Your name and email was in the list submitted by our Monitoring Team of Economic and Financial Crime Commission observers and this is why we are contacting you for payment which have been agreed upon and have been signed.

Since your fund has met all the conditions required for its remittance for your payment of USD$5000, 000.00 ($5million United States Dollars). You are advised to obtain through your government what is called INTERNATIONAL GUARANTEE BOND (IGB) clearance and forward it to my office with your banking details where you would want these funds sent to.

Yours Faithfully, 

Mr. Edward Godspeed
Director: Foreign Operations
For: Post Bank Plc
Tel: +234-1-660-1509

The information contained in this message is confidential and solely intended for the individual or entity to which it is addressed, or authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, you are hereby notified that any disclosure of this communication, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this mail in error, kindly inform the sender and delete the mail. Thank you for your kind gesture.

Looks like I've won £850,000.  ::)

Ticket no: 56475601545 188‏
Sent: March 8, 2010 11:00:43 AM
To: info@uknl.org

Your E-mail on Ticket no: 56475601545 188 and Serial no: 53-192008  have won £850,000.00 in our online lottery held in England in which e-mail addresses are picked randomly by computerized balloting,powered by the Internet. Your email address was among those chosen for this period.Contact Mr. Barret Johnson,via E-mail: ukclaimdept02@w.cn , Tel:+44 704 571 2880 . With 1. Full Name: 2. Address: 3. Age:4. Sex: 5. Marital Status:6. Occupation: 7. Tel: 8. State:9. Country.
Congratulations once again
Interesting in that there's three email addresses on it.  The originator, the To address (which is not mine) and the one to send the response to.  This one also actually made it to my In Box.  :mad:

Edit to add:  Oooh, look, here's Mr. Barret Johnson's profile on SiliconIndia.  I wonder where oford university is in London.  ;D

Fight corrupt governments !

Screw thieving foreign banks !

Harvest the fruits of another's labour !

No risks, no effort !

Hey, this works for me...

Compliment Of The Day!

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me but I have a lucrative business proposal of mutual benefits to share with you.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Hong Wu operations manager of the Bank of China (Shanghai Branch), 200 Mid. Yincheng Rd., Pudong New District, Shanghai 200121, China. I have an obscured Business suggestion for you.

In June, 2003, a certain British Crude oil merchant (Mr.Martin Walker) came to our bank and made a Fixed (Numbered) deposit of Thirty Million United State Dollars (US$30,000,000.00) Only in my branch for 12 calender months. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. A month later, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation that he died from an automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

After proper further investigations, it was also discovered that he did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit and he also confided in me the last time he was in my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Thirty Million United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to Laws of Republic of China, at the expiration of seven {7} years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Chinese Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand something, It is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios. You should have begun by now to put together the general direction

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin so that you will be able to receive the funds so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials just like that.

MODALITIES:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I shall employ the services of an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin, and also he will be drafting and tarization the WILL and to obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/administration in your favor for the transfer. There is a reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. There is no risk involved at all in this transaction as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the successful execution of this transaction.

I have evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is for you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 50% for me, and 50% for you. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. Please observe this instruction religiously.

And I will prefer you reach me on my private email address: whong82@yahoo.com.hk and finally after that I shall furnish you with more information’s about this operation. Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Do not betray my confidence. If we can be of one accord, we should plan a meeting soon after this project is successful. Please observe utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Kind Regards,

Hong Wu.
whong82@yahoo.com.hk

Hey look!  I only have to pay $166.00 for $12M USD.  ::)

Urgent Notification Letter... reply‏
Sent: March 13, 2010 12:19:18 AM
To:
--
Attention

This is to notify you that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Nigeria
Branch, have approved to settle the outstanding arrears and the long
over-due payment which you have been finding difficult to receive from the
International bank transfer.

You are required to update this office and reconfirm your full banking
info and contact details for the onward transfer. The activation and the
withdraw code would be forwarded to you.

Below Is the Transfer Details.

Date: 10/3/2010 11:58:25 Am
Reference No: D3a63-5e02f-885e
Account Code: QW-21905-AZ
Withdrawing Code: **************
Format: Standard Top World Bank
Issuing Bank: West Bank Clearing House WBCH
Current Status: Pending Transfer
Activation and the withdrawer code(Charge):$166.00
Additional Fee: Zero
Total Amount: USD12,340,901-02
Currency : USD
Interest: Zero (0.0%).
Contact Email: SheikabdulBinbashir@lamazi.com

It is imperative you make the payment of $166.00 for the activation and
the withdraw code, we will reactivate your account and forward you the
pickup code and the new activation code. you can withdraw your fund at
your bank or any of his affiliate.

Your attention to this matter is sincerely appreciated.

Yours truly,

Mr Sheik Abdul Bin-bashir
+234 8032-2470-85 direct line
International Payment Department

Doesn't ask for information but poorly worded for someone who is supposedly British.  ::)

Investment Inquiry 2010‏
Sent: March 15, 2010 1:05:20 PM
To:

Hello,

My Name is Jane Keating. I represent a private law chamber here in Blaydon on Tyne, England. We would like to reach terms with you on investment prospects. Nevertheless, permit me to take a few minutes of your precious time. We have a  client whose intents is to invest into prolific ventures abroad by seeking "willing" emissary as an alliance by partnering with him in cultivating his investment plans. Basically, the investor who has no fore-knowledge of propagating his ideas offshore yearns for diverse ideas of investment in achieving his vision.

Our client, faced with cumbersome problem of unstable investment environment in his home country has asked our firm to  see how we could get him an emissary as a trustee in initiating his investment idea with his capital, hence our letter to you to seek partnership with him in realising his vision. Our client's motive is also to ensure that this project yields good returns.

I'm willing to go further but for certainty and your willingness in partnering with my client; I shall be honoured to direct you to our superior who is presently in South Africa revamping Africa for possible investment opportunities. Upon response to this inquiry, we're willing to redirect you to our superior to enlighten you more upon certainty, willingness and eligibility of your credibility and expertise in partnering with our client, else if you find yourself unfit, so to speak, please disregard this email.

An urgent response would be appreciated!

Yours truly,

Jane Keating, Ms.

Using Google, I can't find any law firms near Blaydon on Tyne.  They're all at Newcastle on Tyne.

Hi Folks:

I've recently posted an ad on the auto trade website for a used vehicle I'm trying to sell.  Two days after i placed the add I got an email from a person using the name "Mary Andison".  She offered to pay the full asking price for the car (which is the first thing that got me thinking....I've NEVER paid full pop for a car).  She claimed to be a member of an Air Canada cabin crew and as a result of her job schedule she wasnt able to come view or test drive the car, she just wanted to send the money via PayPal and have her representative pick it up.  A quick search on Google revealed that someone using the same name tried the same thing with someone in Australia who was advertising a car for sale on the internet.  Apparently Mary Andison also told this individual that she would send money via PayPal, and that all the seller had to do was send US$599 to the buyer by Western Union to cover the shipping costs. 

KnightShift said:
Hi Folks:

I've recently posted an ad on the auto trade website for a used vehicle I'm trying to sell.  Two days after i placed the add I got an email from a person using the name "Mary Andison".  She offered to pay the full asking price for the car (which is the first thing that got me thinking....I've NEVER paid full pop for a car).  She claimed to be a member of an Air Canada cabin crew and as a result of her job schedule she wasnt able to come view or test drive the car, she just wanted to send the money via PayPal and have her representative pick it up.  A quick search on Google revealed that someone using the same name tried the same thing with someone in Australia who was advertising a car for sale on the internet.  Apparently Mary Andison also told this individual that she would send money via PayPal, and that all the seller had to do was send US$599 to the buyer by Western Union to cover the shipping costs.
Hate to tell you, but that's a pretty old one.  I Googled "car sale scam PayPal" and got hits from 2008.

Back