• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal that killed bin Laden...

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
It's finally been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9AUFpRGyc&feature=player_embedded

Regards

Sigh, maybe I'm too picky, but I sometimes wish that the people who make these things would do at least a modicum of research:

1)  The "lieutenant" was dressed as a commander;

2)  he wasn't wearing a Special Warfare (SEAL qualification) insignia;

3)  the medal was actually a Distinguished Service Cross (only available to the US Army - the equivalent USN decoration would be the Navy Cross, which looks quite different);

4)  the medal was pinned on the wrong side; and

5)  at one point the medals and ribbons actually change sides on the tunic.

Other than that, it was mildly amusing.

how much research and money should they put in to a 2 minute sketch they dont get paid for?It could have been 15 seconds for me though. The last minute really drags.

Container said:
how much research and money should they put in to a 2 minute sketch they dont get paid for?It could have been 15 seconds for me though. The last minute really drags.

X2 it was funny. 

"who's askin? ... The U S of A Mofo!" lol

Container said:

I've seen that actor before and the camera work and other production features indicate that some money has been put into this.  Why not spend a few minutes on Wikipedia to polish it off?

It's a short comedy clip, unless it's a full length movie meant to be realistic, I wouldn't focus too much on the uniform.

Also, a FYI the actor(Rob Riggle) in it, is a USMC Reserve Lt Col as well as an actor/comedian.

Pusser said:
I've seen that actor before and the camera work and other production features indicate that some money has been put into this.  Why not spend a few minutes on Wikipedia to polish it off?
It's for HBO, so some $ may be involved.  That said, this is a sketch comedy show.  I notice no similar critique for, say, this bit from Letterman - one of the SEAL-esque back-up singers in this one is - gasp - a woman!  With nail polish on!

Pusser said:

Its for the website funny or die which is like youtube for short comedy sketches. The money involved would be modest to say the least.

That actor (name escapes me) I think was one of the "big-shot" cops on "The Other Guys" with Ferrell and Whalberg.

Pusser - I think you should change your name to Sour Pusser.  Or, Sourer Pusser.  Or, Our Sourest Pusser.  "Lighten up Francis!"  From Uncle Hulka, Our Big Toe!

Given the military experience of the actor playing the Lt, it's entirely possible/likely the mistakes are part of the parody?

newfin said:
Pusser - I think you should change your name to Sour Pusser.  Or, Sourer Pusser.  Or, Our Sourest Pusser.  "Lighten up Francis!"  From Uncle Hulka, Our Big Toe!

Pusser was just being, well ... Pusser.  Look up the term.

Back