• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Reserve Thread- A Merged Collection of Q & A's

CDN Aviator said:
If i did have a problem with 16 year olds joining then that would be my own buisness now wouldnt it ?

I know it sucks for you because you arent old enough to join yet but to be honest, i dont want 15 year olds watching my back. You will be old enough to join soon enough, use the time to prepare yourself and quit the "it sucks" attitude, Good luck.
um...ok it was a joke don't just assume you know me i don't have a "it sucks" attitude i was just showing my enthusiasm

Stevedude19 said:
um...ok it was a joke don't just assume you know me i don't have a "it sucks" attitude i was just showing my enthusiasm

I was not assuming i know you, in fact i probably dont want to know you.

That being said, enthusiasm is good so when the time comes and you do join, i hope its everything you want it to be. good luck.

Although I may not always agree with your way of saying things, CDN Aviator, I have to give you props for being honest.  Very blunt and honest, I respect that.
:salute:

No BS, good man.  haha

Koenigsegg said:
Although I may not always agree with your way of saying things, CDN Aviator, I have to give you props for being honest.  Very blunt and honest, I respect that.

No BS, good man.  haha
being honest about what?

Just to get back on track, what trade / unit are you interested in ?

TOPIC  LOCKED!

This topic is locked.  It has provided false information to questions that have already been answered in other topics.

DELETION to follow.

Hey I really want to join the Reserves, been running every day like 2-2.5 km/h now all I need to do is time myself. Im turning 20 soon and might be starting College in Jan 2009, On Monday going to be doing some courses to upgrade my high school marks to get into University by 2009. Though I am sort of unsure what I want to do in life and Im not willing to make a full commitment to the military but Im sure I want to join the Reserve force. My question is if I joined the Reserves in January would I have enough time to balance that between College and Reserves. I know you only go for reserves like once a week right? Though wouldn't getting threw the training phase require you to dedicate more hours to it? I am willing to I am just worried I won't have enough time for school, I don't want it to cut into my College time.

Huxley88 said:
Hey I really want to join the Reserves, been running every day like 2-2.5 km/h now all I need to do is time myself. Im turning 20 soon and might be starting College in Jan 2009, On Monday going to be doing some courses to upgrade my high school marks to get into University by 2009. Though I am sort of unsure what I want to do in life and Im not willing to make a full commitment to the military but Im sure I want to join the Reserve force. My question is if I joined the Reserves in January would I have enough time to balance that between College and Reserves. I know you only go for reserves like once a week right? Though wouldn't getting threw the training phase require you to dedicate more hours to it? I am willing to I am just worried I won't have enough time for school, I don't want it to cut into my College time.

Thousands upon thousands of students have ballanced school and reserves well before you..........

I've balanced school with the reserves and another job...my marks have been in the high 80's. I'm sure you can do the same

Hey everyone. I am new here and am really, really facinated with canadian military history, both recent and in the past. I want some advice, with my future life. I am 13 right now, and I'm thinking of joining the canadian Forces reserves. I don't know weither it will be armor or artilery yet, but I will decide soon. :) I would greatly appreciate any advice you have on basic training, or if my choice is the right one or anything else.

Thanks very much
russ.

Before anyone jumps on you, I'd suggest you give the Search function a try.

Cheers

Max

The Directing Staff will most likely be around soon to "direct" you to sources of information on this very site to read for yourself.

But before that:
You have at least three years to think about that.  You're in no rush.  No one can answer that question for you.

I commend your desire...

Use the Search lot's of info on BMQ on here.

You have 3 years, lot's of time go out have fun be a kid the CF isn't going anywhere, do your own research you have lot's and lot's of time  :)

Koenigsegg said:
The Directing Staff will most likely be around soon to "direct" you to sources of information on this very site to read for yourself.

Actually, we also encourage members to do that so that the staff don't have to execute repetitive actions for which others slag us for welcoming members with the search and links post.

Anyway, here's a good place to start - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - A Directory

My mistake.  That makes absolute sense, it's just too bad the staff was getting criticised for that.  90% of the time I found it deserved.  However you're right, I'm sure the staff got tired of it.
My apologies.

CADPAT44:  Like was said before, you have lots of time.  And such decisions don't always come easy.  The only reason I'm as decided as I am is because the only reserve unit in my region is an Infantry unit.  When/if I transfer to the Regular force...then I better have my mind made up.  haha
Do you know what career opportunities in the CF are in your area?

Ok, Back in my box.

this reminds me of what I did  :p.

I was just like you and now I'm 16 and got the ball rolling for the reserve infantry in the Niagara Region

Good on you, keep with it.

DLord

Russ, being 13, a good place to start might be Army Cadets until you are old enough to join the Reserves at 16.

Other advice would be to Keep Active and do well in school, stay out of trouble and learn to keep your room spotless, because your parents prodding is nothing compared to what you will face at BMQ.

startbutton said:
Russ, being 13, a good place to start might be Army Cadets until you are old enough to join the Reserves at 16.

Other advice would be to Keep Active and do well in school, stay out of trouble and learn to keep your room spotless, because your parents prodding is nothing compared to what you will face at BMQ.

I don't think that point can be overemphasized. The days are long, long gone when some magistrates said, "It's reform school or the Army for you, laddie. Choose quickly."

Problems with the law can slow or even totally derail your plans to be a soldier.

Thanks a buch guys, I'm not really thinking of joining until I'm 20 or so, but yeah lol. hanks and I think I'm gonna like it here. thanks for the warm reception.

thanks
russ.

Hey I plan to join the Army Reserves in December, more specifically December 1st. Currently Im a high school graduate and 19 years old turning 20 on October 14. I turned down going to college and now my ambitions are set on University and Im going to Night School hoping to go into University when im 21 in 2009. I will also be taking a 1 day security course in October so I can get another Security job. So ill probably be going to Night School and having a job in December. My question is would I beable to fit joining the Army reserves into all this? How long is the Basic training phase? I heard once you have that all done you go once a week and stay in summers is this true? Ive realized my life needs more discipline as I can be lazy sometimes with completing tasks. Im hoping to make at least Infantry as I will be training in the months to come.

Back