• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The real reason you're broke

append to my last ...
booze ,,, broads,,,no disrespect,,,and benzine..
you drank some booze,,,you met some girls..you bragged about your wheels,,,
turns out she out drank ya ,,, had a car that went light speed,,,
smiled and hmmmmd  you know the rest 
or not
                                scoty b

Colin P said:
guns, ammo, more guns, more ammo  repeat until dead or bank account empty.

Reminds me of the time I went to an info night for a reserve arty regiment... He held up a 9mm bullet, a "C7" round, and an arty shell and smiled and said "These are our bullets!"

All kidding aside I drive a POS Saturn....thing has trouble over-taking a Ford Freestar....but my costs:

Insurance...70 dollars a month ALL IN
Fuel... 120-160 a month depending on gas price, and if I head up to Grand Falls or not
Repairs... I do most of my own work so really I only pay parts.... but for figures sake lets say 30

Pretty good for someone whos only 20.

Skydiving.

They said the first jump course was kind of expensive ($250)

They didnt mention it was half your paycheck every pay after that...

I might as well just have my paycheck direct-deposited to the dropzone.

About 412,000 km on the 93 Civic we bought new before my our son was born.  The '87 Accord hatchback was a two door and not conducive to baby-seats, so it went (It had a few other issues as well).

Once I was posted I.R, we bought a second hand 99 Civic (73,000 km at the time) for my wife.

Two jobs - two cars (too bad).

"Look after the pennies, and the dollars will look after themselves".

I wish I was eighteen again!

I came into the Army saddled with a 1 ton, gas guzzling, leather clad pig and it does eat up a fair amount of my paycheck.  It paid for itself before the military.... now, not so much. :p

Trading it in for a beater would be tough to do after having it for a few years and it still comes in useful when I get back home.  We'll see though....

Back