• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Official Euro 2008 thread

Pikache

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Starts today at 1130...

Please lord don't let those Italians win!

I'm hoping Holland will win it all, but I think a final of Germany vs Italy is most likely with Croatia and Romania being the dark horses of the tourney.

Should be a fun summer!

Go England! Oh wait........hahaha

I am going for one of the longshots Sweden.  I am a huge Henrik Larsson fan and it will be nice to see him at will probably be his last international competition.

My picks for today are the Czech Republic over Switzerland and Portugal over Turkey.

I just hope someone goes into Rinaldo two-footed and breaks both his legs.  Then we can get a season in the Prem of all the red bandwagon climbers wingeing.

Kat Stevens said:
I just hope someone goes into Rinaldo two-footed and breaks both his legs.  Then we can get a season in the Prem of all the red bandwagon climbers wingeing.
lol

Well, Ronaldo is whining about wanting to play for Real Madrid... Soon, the Man U scum fans will hate Ronaldo just like rest of England too

I'm hoping for a Swiss win and Turkey win.

I hate those diving Portuguese bastards...

TV schedule (TSN & Sportsnet)

June 7
Switzerland vs. Czech Republic 11:30 am et TSN
Portugal vs. Turkey 2:45 pm et TSN
June 8
Austria vs. Croatia 11:30 am et Rogers Sportsnet
Germany vs. Poland 2:45 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 9
Romania vs. France 11:30 am et TSN
Netherlands vs. Italy 2:45 pm et TSN
June 10
Spain vs. Russia 11:30 am et TSN
Greece vs. Sweden 2:45 pm et TSN
June 11
Czech Republic vs. Portugal 11:30 am et TSN
Switzerland vs. Turkey 2:45 pm et TSN
June 12
Croatia vs. Germany 11:30 am et Rogers Sportsnet
Austria vs. Poland 2:45 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 13
Italy vs. Romania 11:30 am et Rogers Sportsnet
Netherlands vs. France 2:45 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 14
Sweden vs. Spain 11:30 am et TSN
Greece vs. Russia 2:45 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 15
Switzerland vs. Portugal 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet (Ontario & East Only)
Turkey vs. Czech Republic 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet (West & Pacific Only)
June 16
Poland vs. Croatia 2:00 pm et TSN
Austria vs. Germany 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 17
France vs. Italy 2:00 pm et TSN
Netherlands vs. Romania 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 18
Greece vs. Spain 2:00 pm et TSN
Russia vs. Sweden 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 19
QF - A1 vs. B2 2:00 pm et TSN
June 20
QF - B1 vs. A2 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 21
QF - C1 vs. D2 2:00 pm et TSN
June 22
QF - D1 vs. C2 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 25
SF - Winner A1/B2 vs. Winner B1/A2 2:00 pm et TSN
June 26
SF - Winner C1/D2 vs. Winner D1/C2 2:00 pm et Rogers Sportsnet
June 29
Final 2:00 pm et TSN

I'm all involved in the rugby summer tours and the Churchill Cup this weekend.  16 continuous hours of Rugby on Setanta, starting at 02:30 this morning.  My eyeballs feel like two burning coals, and coffee pot is in danger of going critical mass any minute.

HighlandFusilier said:

I hate those diving Portuguese bastards...

who remembers that holland-portugal game from world cup 06..nasty game

Who remembers that flopping little wanker rat bastard getting Rooney a red card in the last world cup?  How Rooney can even wear the same shirt as that little turd is well beyond me... I fookin' 'ate that little twat.

grmpz1 said:
who remembers that holland-portugal game from world cup 06..nasty game
To be fair it's the ref's fault mostly for letting such ridiculous diving antics go on

1-0 Czech who played like Greece. BORING!

The Swiss will feel hard done by for losing a game that they should have won. The Czechs should bless Cech for saving their ass... Again.
No Nedved and Rosicky makes them really boring to watch.

Doubt the Swiss will go through group stage now that Alex Frei seems to be injured

It was boring indeed. I only watched like 15 minutes of it, and I had to leave because I was falling asleep.

Baker

Well I'm an England fan so I'll just be appreciating some good soccer, without much bias. Although being a Liverpool fan, I do want Spain to win! Hmm I also seem to support underachievers...

I'm an England fan as well.  Although, since they are not in it, I'm going to be cheering for the Netherlands.

Steel Horse said:
I am going for one of the longshots Sweden.  I am a huge Henrik Larsson fan and it will be nice to see him at will probably be his last international competition.

HAIL HAIL,

A fellow Bhoy I believe!!!

You know I am actually huge fan of Larsson and Sweden!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6t4_q01ZLZk

One of his best goals, adn against Rangers who else!!!!  This was the year he won the golden boot when playing with Celtic!

dileas

tess

ps, just grabbed the Jersey's out of the Closet!!

2-0 win by those Portuguese diving team

Man Portugal is full of class (well, minus a good striker) but I hate their antics.

That Pepe goal is very nice.

Baden Guy! ...... Eight years spent in posting to Germany !
Ya you bet I'm a fan of Germany .  ;D

I don't know if the Italian fans are currently drowning their sorrows, or the Dutch are celebrating, but man that was a great game by the Dutch. Absolutely tore apart Italy even though the first goal was up for debate. Van Der Sar made some amazing saves as well, but Italy just didn't look themselves today. The goal differential might just come back to haunt Italy at the end of the group stage.

Czechs will win it all!

Its kinda like Devil's hockey, its boring to watch but it works.

Back