• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The next time you find yourself in a hotel....

zipperhead_cop

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Now this is just plain nasty:

http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039

Like everything else in a hotel room isn't one big biohazard, this now has to be an issue.  :p

Thats nasty, but then again I did see on TV once a black light in a hotel room, you can see all kinds of "DNA" samples in the bed spread. A few people that I know that have worked in hotels have told me that they don't change anything other then the fitted sheet and the other sheet unless they are severely stained or dirty

241 said:
Thats nasty, but then again I did see on TV once a black light in a hotel room, you can see all kinds of "DNA" samples in the bed spread. A few people that I know that have worked in hotels have told me that they don't change anything other then the fitted sheet and the other sheet unless they are severely stained or dirty

I can vouch for Marriott Hotels, or at least Courtyard Marriotts Do change everything. The new Bedding Package they got when I worked there a couple years back, was designed so the whole thing came off and went through the wash.

I cant vouch for any other hotel out there, but i know that they were good for that...

Tommy said:
I can vouch for Marriott Hotels, or at least Courtyard Marriotts Do change everything. The new Bedding Package they got when I worked there a couple years back, was designed so the whole thing came off and went through the wash.

I cant vouch for any other hotel out there, but i know that they were good for that...

Yeah the hotels I am referring to are more along the lines of Super 8, Best Western, Western Budget, etc, the middle to lower end of the price range, you know like the hotels the army and some oil field companies like to book at  ;) :-X

Ironically ours wasnt all that much more expensive either....

but yes, having spent plenty of time in the lesser motor lodges I will agree that they are not always up to the same standard.

For anyone familiar with the Suite Rooms in L101 in Petawawa I recall once seeing a rather unpleasant looking stain on the bedspread there once as well.

And your saying that the Europahof in Germany was clean??? Please..... I remember what we used to call the UN hostel down by the Kaserne, but discretion being the better part of valour won't repeat it here..... >:D

Tommy said:
For anyone familiar with the Suite Rooms in L101 in Petawawa I recall once seeing a rather unpleasant looking stain on the bedspread there once as well.

That's no way to talk about your girlfriend. 
WHOOO! 
thwoohoo.gif
sm_rimshot.gif

Meh, I've been livin in different shacks across Canada for the past while, by sleepin in beds that have like 50 year old blankets an who knows how old matteres's an sheets I think I'm immune to it all..... either that an I got everything an you can only get it once right...

+1 Skeletor
In all honesty, human beings are pretty resiliant. I have stayed in some pretty low end motels, gotten bed bugs. Lived in hostels for 6 months, and slept in some pretty questionable places. But i didnt contract ebola or hep.

But after a hypocondriac business/travelling friend told me that in hotel rooms, the first thing that most couples do is have sex on TOP of the covers, i have to admit, i always think about that when i craw into a hotel/motel bed... gives me the creeps. :-\ 

Traveller said:
In all honesty, human beings are pretty resiliant.

Too true, when you think of all the crap we are exposed to.

Traveller said:
gotten bed bugs.

Bed bugs bites are quite annoying, however the insect is not known to carry or transmit disease.

Traveller said:
But i didnt contract ebola or hep.

Don't think you can catch that from sheets.  From "company" (and I don't mean insects) in the sheets, yes.

Traveller said:
the first thing that most couples do is have sex on TOP of the covers, i have to admit, i always think about that when i craw into a hotel/motel bed... gives me the creeps.

Now that you mention it, that gives me the creeps, too.  The first thing?  :eek:  Guess there's not much in the way of tourist attractions.... ;D

Back