• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The New Lightweight Bullet That Saves Fatigue ... And Fuel

And good drills in the section and platoon to redistribute ammo as required, which is the job of the 2ICs of course.

A few riflemen might run short, but a whole platoon is unlikely to run out.
I'm talking about threat dependent on body/frontline basic loads, as opposed to ammo re-org at the various levels

I carried 21+1 at a max - and 4+1 at a min.
*I was heavily ridiculed by a buddy who was a CAG SGM about "aim more, shoot less".
Aim more is a good idea. Clearly ID the target and use the Marksmanship Principles.

The SARP program from 1987 did state our soldiers are trained to aim and fire thus we did not incorporate the three round burst limiter the USA adopted.

When we went on patrol in the sandbox, it was typical to have around 10 mags or more on us with a basic C7 load out.

That would change obviously if you were the 203 gunner, but 10 mags was the norm.
That's roughly 300 rds per soldiers x 7(?) 2100 rds, plus the squad automatic. Man I don't envy you....

The day they can get the dog like robots to follow for a whole patrol will hopefully lighten the load, unless of course they keep the infantryman's load the same and just bring more stuff?

Aim more is a good idea. Clearly ID the target and use the Marksmanship Principles.

The SARP program from 1987 did state our soldiers are trained to aim and fire thus we did not incorporate the three round burst limiter the USA adopted.
Clearly Identifying the target was not always very easy.

Clearly Identifying the target was not always very easy.
Which was why the US Army eventually followed the CAG's 1992 Somalia lessons learned about magnified optics.
For the early days the S&B 1-4x Short Dot
Now 1-8x Leupold, and a variety of 1-6x optics are across the US Mil.

Back