• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

putz said:
Habs,

I put in my CT in March of 2009.  My MPAC wasn't until November of 2009 and then I didn't get told I was selected until July of 2010.  CT is a very long process to go through for MP.  Don't be surprised to hear absolutely nothing until the week or so before MPAC and then not hear anything about your MPAC till months after.  The trade is in the Red right now so it's scrambling for bodies.  I know they just ran an MPAC in Borden.

You would've been on my MPAC lol

Hey Madjai! I literally just received my call for the MPAC, it starts April 22nd for me

Thanks for the info cwatson91!  Now I just need to get my broker to get me on it!

Madjai said:
Thanks for the info cwatson91!  Now I just need to get my broker to get me on it!
Your "broker" has no input on it.  Once your file is complete it is forwarded to the CFPM shop in Ottawa where it is merit listed against all the other MP applicant files.  To fill the MPAC they start at the top of the list and start sending out invitations via the CFRCs.  As people decline to attend, they work their way down the list until the MPAC is either filled, or it is too late to add any more candidates.  It is very common to have a few people attend with only 2-3 days notice.

Madjai for what its worth, I was on the one that ran early March. We had a guy that found out a day or two before that yes he was on it and going. They had to take him off ship to make it. Personally, I had 2 weeks or so. So it seems to vary. My  :2c:

Hello Cwatson and Dan005e,
                                              One might ambush me for my opinion but I prefer joining Military police rather than civilian police for personal reasons. I applied in May 2013, wrote my CFAT in August followed by medical a day after. I was told that my eyes were not good for the trade. So, i had my lasik eye surgery done in October 25. In order to pass the medical, i had to wait 3 months for which i did and passed after a submission of a form from my doctor. Since February, I haven't heard anything back. How long does the whole process take before you even go in for MPAC? I even contacted them and there is no clear answer. Can anyone take a stab at whats happening?

A myriad of things are happening. The process differs for every, I say again, every applicant. They only run a certain number of MPACs and MPOACs per year. Be patient.

February to the start of April is not a terribly long time to wait. If you are concerned, call your recruiter. Who did you contact? Was it the recruiting center? They may be waiting for information as well.

prashanthontario said:
Hello Cwatson and Dan005e,
                                              One might ambush me for my opinion but I prefer joining Military police rather than civilian police for personal reasons. I applied in May 2013, wrote my CFAT in August followed by medical a day after. I was told that my eyes were not good for the trade. So, i had my lasik eye surgery done in October 25. In order to pass the medical, i had to wait 3 months for which i did and passed after a submission of a form from my doctor. Since February, I haven't heard anything back. How long does the whole process take before you even go in for MPAC? I even contacted them and there is no clear answer. Can anyone take a stab at whats happening?

I've assessed on 4 MPACs and 2 MPOACs so far and I've had time to speak with the applicants at the meet and greet the last night.  Thats the time, after the assessments are done, when the applicants can ask questions on the Branch and postings and job discriptions....  During those events I've heard from applicants who have wanted a year or more for the call for an MPAC to others who have had it go through relatively quickly.  The frequency of the MPACs depends upon the anticipated need for MPs for the projected future.  If they don't plan to run many QL3 courses then they will have fewer need to run MPACs. 

Hello,

I couldn't find where to ask my questions on this website because they are fairly specific to the Military Police.

1. How often does the Military Police Hire?

2. I have just complete my police foundations diploma at a credited college, should I apply right away, or wait until I have more life experience?

3. How competitive is the Military Police recruitment?

4. Any tips in the recruitment process?

Thanks for the help, I've done my research, I just have these questions that I couldn't find the answers too. I'm 19 if that helps to answer the previous questions.

Sharp said:
As with any job in the army, no experience is required. Any experience you may have is just an added bonus, personally.

As per the recruitment process, apply and go through a series of waiting.

You are firing well outside your arcs for someone who isn't in the Canadian Army yet, aren't you?

Jmurr said:
Hello,

I couldn't find where to ask my questions on this website because they are fairly specific to the Military Police.

External hiring (that is non Occupational Transfers) depends on our numbers for the year. Normally due to attrition the MPs hire from "civi street" every year but the numbers can change drastically from year to year.

2. I have just complete my police foundations diploma at a credited college, should I apply right away, or wait until I have more life experience?
There is nothing stopping you from doing both concurrently. Join a sports team, get (stay) fit, volunteer, don't commit crimes, etc.

That depends on the quality of people wanting to enlist. It is competitive.

That's a wee bit open ended a question... Don't lie, don't commit crimes, get (stay) fit, read books, etc.

Thanks for the help, I've done my research, I just have these questions that I couldn't find the answers too. I'm 19 if that helps to answer the previous questions.

"You don't have to be enlisted to know something like that."

Wrong on all counts actually.  :facepalm:

Sharp said:
You don't have to be enlisted to know something like that.

You are giving advice to prospective applicants, without a shred of first hand knowledge of how the military hires, works, or what system is used for hiring. Applying does not make you a subject matter expert on our recruiting system and its standards.

We do have jobs where prior experience is required. These jobs are only open to internal competition, or in some cases, the right combination of education and past experiences.

Speaking like you know what you are talking about, without having a shred of a clue, will rapidly earn you the ire of both the membership here, and IF you ever get in, your fellow soldiers.

JesseWZ
Milnet.ca Mentor

Just trying to help the guy out. Clearly I wasn't experienced or welcome. I deleted my posts.

Have a good day.

1.  The MPs are like just about every other trade in that they are hiring, to some degree or another, every year.  Sometimes there are 3 QL3 courses scheduled for the year, sometime there is more or less.  There are always members retiring, releasing or asking for a remuster so hiring rarely stops. 

2.  I'd say apply when ever you meet the requirements.  Having done assessments at MPACs I'd say that people of all levels of life experience apply.  Some do good, some do better and some do worse but it's all relevant to the individual. 

3.  Same as just about any other police department. 

4.  Go in, be open and honest and try your best.  There is no trick.  Either you are deemed suitable or you are not. 

Jmurr said:
Hello,

What the heck, I will throw my  :2c:  into the wind..........

1.  As often as any other CF occupation and it's primarily based on available vacancies.
2.  Your police foundations program may be accredited at your local college but the question you need answered is "Is the course I took and the College I attended, RECOGNIZED by the CF for the purpose of applying for Military Police?"  Not all courses/colleges are "recognized".
3.  Much much MORE competitive than other occupations.  So not only will you have to score well on the CFAT and TSD but more importantly, you will be subject to the Military Police Assessment process (MPAC) which is the "killer".  If you are not successful at MPAC, you're done.
4.  Submit an "online" application, it isn't going to hurt.  This way, you will have answers to all your questions.

Good luck!

Sharp said:
Just trying to help the guy out. Clearly I wasn't experienced or welcome. I deleted my posts.

Have a good day.

You've been reproached for this, by experienced service members, on more than one occasion.

Obviously, their advice has been falling on deaf ears.

Sooner or later, you'll learn to stay inside your lanes.

Here's a little help from the Warning System.

---Staff---

Hey guys,

Does anyone know when the next french ql3 is starting?

Thanks a lot.

Back