• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.

recceguy said:
Now however, as soon as they were not special anymore, they want to be seen and heard as something else. Special days, special flags, special parades, etc.

To address this comment, then in that regard we shouldn't celebrate/recognize St Paddy's Day, religious holidays, Labour Day, Family Day, etc., etc., which are all days that recognize a certain element of the population (even though many of them may have lost their original meaning).

Strike said:
To address this comment, then in that regard we shouldn't celebrate/recognize St Paddy's Day, religious holidays, Labour Day, Family Day, etc., etc., which are all days that recognize a certain element of the population (even though many of them may have lost their original meaning).

All recognised reasons to drink.

recceguy said:
All recognised reasons to drink.

HERE HERE!!!  :cheers:

Now, go check out some photos of the patios during any Pride celebrations.  They're drinking too!

UnwiseCritic said:
I love how tolerance now means accepting/agreeing with the ideal and or person. It used to mean put up with and allow.

Funny thing with that is you don't tolerate my intolerance, therefore you are intolerant.

No the flag thing is not a big deal, it's just an underlying symptom of how soft the army is becoming (not the gay part), I just don't like the idea of celebrating people's personal lives.  Escpecially if it means some poor sod has too stand on parade and listen to all the nothing being said. Plus I hate people that are politically correct all the time. I think it's just fine too offend people if your views differ. Who cares what other people think.
Yep.  'bout says it.

If your opinions believe a group should be treated differently then your wrong. It's a sub culture that needs to be respected. Not agreed to but respected.

50 yrs ago they wanted to be treated equally. They still do and a parade once a year causes awareness with the public hopefully creating an opportunity for them to finally attend true equality.

Not that I care either way, but by making a special point of doing this, "they", whoever "they" are, are doing exactly that, asking to be treated differently.  And it's not a sub culture, it's in every facet of Canadian society, like it or not, and I for one believe love, or lust if you prefer, doesn't see colour or gender.  "They" are just people, no more or less special than any others.

George Wallace said:
  Will there ever be an end to the silly PC'ness?

I know.  A silly question.  Of course there won't.

Not until the social activists are satisfied that Canadian society as we knew it is completely torn asunder, and replace with a lovely coalition of those who would include everyone - including those who murder, rape, plunder and have declared war on us in the name of religion. :facepalm:

Just my  :2c:

This same debate occured when Sikh men were allowed to wear turbans, Native  men were allowed to keep long hair, and muslim women were allowed to wear burqas in uniform. Traditionalists will never accept change. The fact is the current military must recognize all demographics if it wants to represent all Canadians. I'm all for making every person feel accepted as long as it does not negate the "soldier first" mentality of the CF. 

Remember, one of the greatest military leaders in history " Alexander the Great" was a gay man.

Bigmac said:
This same debate occured when Sikh men were allowed to wear turbans, Native  men were allowed to keep long hair, and muslim women were allowed to wear burqas in uniform. Traditionalists will never accept change. The fact is the current military must recognize all demographics if it wants to represent all Canadians. I'm all for making every person feel accepted as long as it does not negate the "soldier first" mentality of the CF. 

I quite agree with you in principle. As long as you soldier on to the best of your ability, I don't care if you're a one horned, one eared flying purple people eater.

Where I start to care is when the sub group starts to say " you have to treat us different than the rest because we're special".

That just ain't on.

Bigmac said:
This same debate occured when Sikh men were allowed to wear turbans, Native  men were allowed to keep long hair, and muslim women were allowed to wear burqas hijabs in uniform ....
Fixed that for you - if the CF allowed a woman to dress like this for day-to-day duties ....
burka_11556050_onlinebild.jpg

.... I think the media would have mentioned something.  ;D

UnwiseCritic said:
Plus I hate people that are politically correct all the time. I think it's just fine too offend people if your views differ. Who cares what other people think.

I agree with you to a point.  However, there are reasonable limits to expressing your views that may differ from everyone else's.

Just ask the real estate agent I fired earlier this week because she e-mailed me (and about 15 others, some of whom are also government employees by virtue of their e-mail addresses) a paraphrased version of the raving speech made by Geert Wilders.  When I asked if she sent it deliberately, or if it was possible she had a virus on her computer sending this stuff out, she confirmed she sent it and said she felt it was important.

I hope it was important enough to lose about $15,000 in commissions on the sale of our existing home and the purchase of a new one, as well as the broker/manager being made aware of the reason we terminated our listing agreement with their brokerage.

Where I start to care is when the sub group starts to say " you have to treat us different than the rest because we're special".

"But you have to treat us the same too!"

The base flag poles will be worn out from from the constant running up and down of the Polygamists' flag, the Base Swingers' Club Flag, the Kenyan Immigrants' Association flag, the Alberta Hunting Club's flag, the Canadian PETA flag, the Society for Ginger People's flag....

My values, opinions and stances have softened significantly since my youth, and I am far more open-minded than I used to be. In spite of being labeled a dinosaur and traditionalist and a whatever, I have changed. Calm, rational discussions with people have helped; so has life experience; so has (contrary to what some may believe) my journey in Christianity. What has not helped has been demands of acceptance; nor garish,  flamboyant displays (a la Gay Pride parades); nor putting your cause and beliefs ahead of mine - and respecting my beliefs and my upbringing. After all, isn't that exactly what has created this paradigm?

muskrat89 said:
What has not helped has been demands of acceptance; nor garish,  flamboyant displays (a la Gay Pride parades);

And the Caribana Toronto parades aren't much better (and have included shootings) but no one complains about those.  The only shootings at Pride parades tend to involve water pistols.  ;D

muskrat89 said:
...nor putting your cause and beliefs ahead of mine. After all, isn't that exactly what has created this paradigm?

My experiences with people putting one group ahead of others has usually been done by groups who aren't even part of the association they are trying to 'protect.'  A school banning the telling of The Three Little Pigs so as not to offend Muslims comes to mind.

Occam said:
Just ask the real estate agent I fired earlier this week because she e-mailed me .............a paraphrased version of the raving speech made by Geert Wilders

Having just quickly skimmed his presentation, I wonder what your problem is with a member of the Dutch government voicing his concerns that the end of his freedoms and society may be in sight and pointing out what he thinks is the root cause.  I did not see any call for violence or hatred in what he presented; only alarm at the rapid changes happening to his society, not necessarily for the better ( Think unemployed living in ghettos not wanting to integrate into Western society. ) 

muskrat89 said:
"But you have to treat us the same too!"

The base flag poles will be worn out from from the constant running up and down of the Polygamists' flag, the Base Swingers' Club Flag, the Kenyan Immigrants' Association flag, the Alberta Hunting Club's flag, the Canadian PETA flag, the Society for Ginger People's flag....

My values, opinions and stances have softened significantly since my youth, and I am far more open-minded than I used to be. In spite of being labeled a dinosaur and traditionalist and a whatever, I have changed. Calm, rational discussions with people have helped; so has life experience; so has (contrary to what some may believe) my journey in Christianity. What has not helped has been demands of acceptance; nor garish,  flamboyant displays (a la Gay Pride parades); nor putting your cause and beliefs ahead of mine - and respecting my beliefs and my upbringing. After all, isn't that exactly what has created this paradigm?

Where were all you people back in the last century when the Orange Order was banned from parading?  >:D

George Wallace said:
Having just quickly skimmed his presentation, I wonder what your problem is with a member of the Dutch government voicing his concerns that the end of his freedoms and society may be in sight and pointing out what he thinks is the root cause.  I did not see any call for violence or hatred in what he presented; only alarm at the rapid changes happening to his society, not necessarily for the better ( Think unemployed living in ghettos not wanting to integrate into Western society. )

It's inciting hatred, George.  He was charged (but acquitted) of inciting hatred.  Now we all know that not guilty =/= innocent, or at least I hope we do.  While his opinions may have been (barely) within the bounds of the law, I (and I suspect most people in Canadian society) would find them beyond offensive.

Back