• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The MEGA Political Cartoon/Meme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RocketRichard said:
*Quote of personal attack has been removed*
Sigh, this adds to decorum here in this forum does it not?

Maybe that's why it's in Radio Chatter?  :)

Edited for continuity.

mariomike said:
Maybe that's why it's in Radio Chatter?  :)
Agreed MM, most appropriate forum for the discussion but the inappropriate language and vitriol not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Wallace said:
I beg to differ.  He has made his views on Canada well known in the past, and his belief that Quebec is the only province of significance.  The whole presentation, with him coming out as MC at times, made me have even more doubts about his actual capabilities other than that of a thespian.  He has no real substance, repeating ad nauseum the same lines over and over again how he was elected to help the Middle Class and raise the Taxes on the top 1%.  He has done nothing but play the "blame game" or take credit for any good that a previous Government initiated.  If you dissect the performances on the Hill, you can see that he has also inserted his "Quota" system in the performances and participants.  (I was surprised to see the first four Mounties walk on stage to be females, and then noticed that 50% of the total were women.  Nothing against women, but it does fall in line with his "filling Quotas".)  I truly believe that he is in no way, shape or form, a "statesman", nor in any way a "leader"; even if he has been elected to that position.

Here is one more of his "dumb other things that Trudeau has said" (Quote of David Akin) from Tele Quebec in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA1yCIHMJwY

Do you need a hanky to wipe the foam and spittle off of your chin?

Edited to remove personal attack from quoted portion of post.

George Wallace said:
I beg to differ.  He has made his views on Canada well known in the past, and his belief that Quebec is the only province of significance.  The whole presentation, with him coming out as MC at times, made me have even more doubts about his actual capabilities other than that of a thespian.  He has no real substance, repeating ad nauseum the same lines over and over again how he was elected to help the Middle Class and raise the Taxes on the top 1%.  He has done nothing but play the "blame game" or take credit for any good that a previous Government initiated.  If you dissect the performances on the Hill, you can see that he has also inserted his "Quota" system in the performances and participants.  (I was surprised to see the first four Mounties walk on stage to be females, and then noticed that 50% of the total were women.  Nothing against women, but it does fall in line with his "filling Quotas".)  I truly believe that he is in no way, shape or form, a "statesman", nor in any way a "leader"; even if he has been elected to that position.

Here is one more of his "dumb other things that Trudeau has said" (Quote of David Akin) from Tele Quebec in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA1yCIHMJwY

At no time did I claim him to be anything other than a non vindictive knob, unlike his father.  As much as he's been promoted to (and arguably beyond) the level of his incomptency as per, The Peter Principal, he is atm a politician and I won't take that from him.  Hopefully the people of Canada will make him a drama teacher again one day, but that is for the future.  Of course he's a thespian, no argument here.  I'm not surprised yesterday's events were more of a Trudeau "love in" than not and neither are you.  I will agree, Alberta probably is on the bottom row of provinces he really cares for but then the feeling is mutual too. 

Edited to remove personal attack from quoted portion of post.

I hate it when provinces play off against each other and screw each other over.  We entered into a Confederation 150 years ago, but still have not worked out the amicable parts of it.  Quebecers may blame Alberta and the ROC for many things; but they are not without fault as well.  Quebec workers and companies operate in both Ontario and New Brunswick with no repercussions; yet Ontario and New Brunswick (and the ROC for that matter) workers and companies are barred from working in Quebec.  This has been going on for years.  With Confederation the provinces set up "Free Trade" between them, and NONE of them have actually done that.  Every province has set up 'tariffs' on items brought in from other provinces.  One example could be the one where I inherited a car from my family in New Brunswick when my father died, and when I moved to Ontario, I had to pay tax on it.  There are many examples of the provinces screwing over their neighbours.  Look at the current Superior Court Challenge by the New Brunswicker who bought beer in Quebec and had it confiscated and fined in New Brunswick.  We have had 150 years to sort this out, but have not.

I work in Gatineau,  roam all over Ottawa on my side job with Security and see plenty of QC based contractors working in the NCR.  I agree, it's bullshit that QC gets full run whereas ON gets the finger the inter-provincial work should be fair.  I see much pandering to the QC side of town and it annoys me to no end.

The liquor laws of the land are for the most part backwards and antiquidated, I expect that back home in NS, where its still the 1950s, 1940s or earlier in world view.  I will tip my hat to QC where it's civilized insomuch as you can buy wine and beer at the grocery store.  Why NS haven't followed suit is beyond me as many Superstore have NSLC attached to them.  :dunno:

RocketRichard said:
*Quote of personal attack removed*

Sigh, this adds to decorum here in this forum does it not?

People are allowed to voice their opinion, go check the Charter, while it lasts. If your delicate sensibilities were offended,  that's unfortunate. The current occupier of the PM's chair is not ptotected from vitriol or dislike. You can respect the office without supporting the person. Trudeau's actions since the election are nothing short of disgusting. His arrogant attitude and spending are strictly for his own benefit and ego extention at the expense of our country's taxpayer and Charter Rights.

If someone wants to call him a massive piece of shit, that is their right and perogative. He's a high profile narcissist, and as a public figure and, supposedly, our country's navigator, that makes him open to critisism. If someone wants to critisise him and call him a spineless dick, well, that's just too bad. That is their thoughts and opinions and hold no other place than right next to your own thoughts and opinions.

Edited personal attack out of quoted portion of post.

recceguy said:
People are allowed to voice their opinion, go check the Charter, while it lasts. If your delicate sensibilities were offended,  that's unfortunate. The current occupier of the PM's chair is not ptotected from vitriol or dislike. You can respect the office without supporting the person. Trudeau's actions since the election are nothing short of disgusting. His arrogant attitude and spending are strictly for his own benefit and ego extention at the expense of our country's taxpayer and Charter Rights.

If someone wants to call him a massive piece of crap, that is their right and perogative. He's a high profile narcissist, and as a public figure and, supposedly, our country's navigator, that makes him open to critisism. If someone wants to critisise him and call him a spineless dick, well, that's just too bad. That is their thoughts and opinions and hold no other place than right next to your own thoughts and opinions.
Enjoy your retirement.

RocketRichard said:
Enjoy your retirement.

Thanks for the retirement good wishes, although it's not new. I've been away from the military since July 2013, when I aged out.

You're welcome. I do believe I knew that you'd been out for awhile.

RocketRichard said:
Perhaps so, but then those Albertans need to chill out then. 

Why should they. He's intentionally dismissed Albertans and has ignored the province since before election. A lot of the country could go back to work, creating revenue and infrastructure if Alberta went back to work. However, he'd much rather have his Saud buddies parking their tankers off the east coast and sending millions of barrels of Mid east oil to the Irving refinery than let the pipeline run through Quebec.

OK folks, I want to clear a couple of things up.

I have edited out the personal attack, and the evidence of it in subsequent posts. You'll see the edit tags, no doubt.

The guidelines are pretty simple: personal attacks are not tolerated.

There is no caveat about Radio Chatter. This board could see some less serious topics and discussion, or stuff totally not military related - as it says at the top of the board. But the same rules apply here as elsewhere on the forum. There is no "out" because it's Radio Chatter. A personal attack here reads the same as it does anywhere else on the boards. The intent of Radio Chatter was never to be unmonitored, it was to be a place to put the stuff that didn't fit elsewhere into the site.

Thanks

....Beuller?

19598656_1489924027730291_7747759965875048425_n.jpg

:rofl:

Attachments

• 19642398_1885610481765559_5745551095327145433_n.jpg
    19642398_1885610481765559_5745551095327145433_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 214
The joys of being an ideologue, I guess.  You don't have to actually address specific policies and offer a rational counter-view, which rationally considers the politicians' constraints, restraints, knock-on effects, costs/benefits, etc....  You just have to name-call, even using the same words as the other guy, so that the trash-talk is pretty much identical;  if you didn't have the politician's name, you'd never know who the 'complete idiot' is.
      :dunno:

Trudeau's actions since the election are nothing short of disgusting. His arrogant attitude and spending are strictly for his own benefit and ego extention at the expense of our country's taxpayer and Charter Rights.

If someone wants to call him a massive piece of shit, that is their right and perogative. He's a high profile narcissist, and as a public figure and, supposedly, our country's navigator, that makes him open to critisism.

Stephen Walt, "The World Is Even Less Stable Than It Looks:  Chaos is spreading – and that’s even before getting to America’s lack of competent leadership." Foreign Policy, 26 June 2017

These developments would be worrisome enough if we had a surplus of gifted and farsighted strategists at the helm of the world’s major powers, the modern-day equivalents of Franklin Roosevelt, George Marshall, Konrad Adenauer, or Charles de Gaulle. Heck, at this point I’d take Maggie Thatcher, Zbigniew Brzezinski, James Baker, Jacques Chirac, and any number of past leaders who made some big mistakes but also got a number of big things right and did not enter public service largely either to fleece the public or to gratify their own egos.

But the United States is determined not to be beaten in this competition of political incompetence. If the consequences were not potentially so dire, the Trump administration’s collective ineptitude would be a great source of comic relief. I’m not talking about controversial policy decisions about which reasonable people might disagree (such as the pros and cons of giving regional military commanders greater authority over operations in their respective areas), I’m talking about foreign-policy actions that seem inspired more by the Keystone Cops or Three Stooges than by Clausewitz, Kennan, or Sun Tzu.

LINK    [The Trump-bashing is just a small portion of the article, by the way.  For those who don't shun reading, it may be worth a look].

Trudeau (Great Satan);  Butts (Puppet-master);  Trump (the envy of all 'right thinking people')
Trump (Great Satan);  Bannon (Puppet-master);  Trudeau (the envy of all 'right thinking people')
      ???

Edit:  typo  :-[

:)

Attachments

• ones-never-right.jpg
    ones-never-right.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 188
Journeyman said:
The joys of being an ideologue, I guess.  You don't have to actually address specific policies and offer a rational counter-view, which rationally considers the politicians' constraints, restraints, knock-on effects, costs/benefits, etc....  You just have to name-call, even using the same words as the other guy, so that the trash-talk is pretty much identical; if you didn't have the politician's name, you'd never know who the 'complete idiot' is.
      :dunno:

Trudeau (Great Satan);  Butts (Puppet-master);  Trump (the envy of all 'right thinking people')
Trump (Great Satan);  Brannon (Puppet-master);  Trudeau (the envy of all 'right thinking people')
      ???

Edit:  typo  :-[

Why do we have to choose? Can't they both be 'complete idiots'?  ;D

:cheers:

....realized we fought for the wrong side.

19665265_10154796379952825_7253119120646524765_n.jpg

Now, if only the Government would actually get off its ass and settle the issue with wounded veterans' pensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back