• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Goodeman said:
Last friday I bought sweet bourbon glasses. Then, I applied for the infantry. Then, to celebrate I drank vourbon in said glasses. It was a good day.

Were you celebrating making in in to the infantry, or being rejected and getting picked up for underwear model instead? 20/20 hindsight makes me wish the latter applied to me!  ;D

Decided I was going to boycott shaving for a week (turned into a little more due to a 4 day weekend from work).... all with the master plan of being a complete dork today. Woke up this morning, shaved the left half of my face, left the right side be in all it's prickly, itchy glory and spent the day going out in public as normal.
It's so amusing seeing people knowing there's something not quite right, not being able to put their fingers on it right away and trying not to stare...

Rule #32: Enjoy the little things

Should of just left the shaving cream on, shaved half your face and went downtown in a house coat and pink fuzzy bunny slippers if you really wanted the attention.

I fixed my motorcycle.  It went from trying to start meekly to a full fledged roar on ignition.  Then I changed the oil with my three year old "fixing the light." I know have to go fix said light.  Might have to McGuyver it.

I'm a Hull Tech, as soon as I step on ship everything I do is manly.  8)  ;D

Finished building the extension to the front walk with bricks and mortar and other manly implements and then smoked a Cohiba and drank beer while BBQing chicken.

HT90 said:
I'm a Hull Tech, as soon as I step on ship everything I do is manly.  8)  ;D
So, you do men onboard your ship?
I've heard that about sailors, but I'm not sure you understand the concept of the thread.

:whistle:

Journeyman said:
So, you do men onboard your ship?
I've heard that about sailors, but I'm not sure you understand the concept of the thread.

:whistle:

being comfortable with your sexuality is very manly  ;D

Yes, and Axe body spray was invented by women so that they could ID who the douches are just as they walk by.  :nod:

who are actually attracted to men that are half horse...love the old spice commercials ;D

I taught my granddaughter to growl. Now when you mention the word "tiger" shee growls. Very manly.  ;)

It's been quite some time since a manly act of manliness happened.

Last week I chased a pudgy raccoon from our garbage armed only with shorts and a long cardboard tube.

HavokFour said:
It's been quite some time since a manly act of manliness happened.

I've been too busy  :rofl:

Building a wall in my basement. Tomorrow, since it may well be a storm day, I'll get the electrical done. If I survive, I'll post here.

Nothing says manly like playing with electrical wiring...

I walked into the Snr NCO club...and asked for a Lemon,lime and bitters...most manly thing i have done since i joined up  :p

Signed up for a guided climb of Mt Shasta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Shasta

Going with a guide is not very manly, but climbing Mt Whitney solo the day after should make up for it (if my body can cash the cheques my ego seems to be writing these days) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt_Whitney

Point of order: does it count as manly if your mountain guide is a woman? Hmmmm....

Back