• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Jim Seggie said:
Here is the old truck....The Big Black Beast as so named by Niner Domestic

Looks like they are growing bigger every year!

Watched one of the greatest movies, ever, again and cheered occasionally for the fictitious Hanson brothers. Gawd bless 'em...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_D6oQO6b8

Today, I did something very manly.
Getting out of the Subway, I held the very heavy door... for a man. He didn't even thank me. He must be a feminist  ::)

Alea

Alea said:
Today, I did something very manly.
Getting out of the Subway, I held the very heavy door... for a man. He didn't even thank me. He must be a feminist  ::)

Alea

Manners, like common sense, are being bred out of the gene pool...and I feel it's quite manly (and gentlemanly for that matter) to use manners.  Pity many don't these days.

MM

medicineman said:
Manners, like common sense, are being bred out of the gene pool...and I feel it's quite manly (and gentlemanly for that matter) to use manners.  Pity many don't these days.

MM

Well said. And well done, Alea.

It truly is amazing how far a simple, "please" and "thank you" takes one these days.  I long for the return of simple manners to our society as a whole, and indeed feel that chivalry is an art worth resurrecting. 

Thank you kindly medicineman and mariomike for pointing out the way.

Medicineman, Mariomike and Teeps74, you all 3 SIRS made my day in the manlier way.
Indeed good manners, politeness along with respect are so important. As per chivalry, as a woman, I can tell you that real women really appreciate it  :nod:

Alea

As I was walking towards one of my classes, some dude held a door for me.
I punched him in the face and told him to grow a pair. He thanked me, inciting my rage. He's in the hospital.

Then I went to class, and gave a lecture.
After class, I drove home in my ferrari and slept with my 10 super model girl friends.

All in a day's work.
come-at-me-bro.jpg

Here in Nova Scotia, it's been a' snowin....that means more time for manly fixin' and sewin!

Hammer and Small Mallet Sandwich present THE BBB Jr.!

The little one has been asking about having her own “Adventure Belt”...so we went back to the A&N Surplus on Tuesday, and this is what we came up with:

An 82’ pattern Canadian Forces Webgear.
As I'm sure you know, the original layout has the belt buckle in the front.

To enhance load carriage capability, the webgear is reversed, (leaving the buckle in rear, and “modular” belt portion in the front).
(As you may notice, the buttpack hangs quite low, even with all straps pulled as short as possible.)

So, I added, moved and removed some stuff...and wrangled the pouches the little one chose onto the front.
(The little one chose well....what I believe (?) to be a FAL C1 dual 20rd pouch, a dual C7 30rd pouch, and a canteen carrier pouch.)

BREAK.

And that brings us to..the final (for now) product:

The buttpack now sits in a much better position, and the front pouches hold well, and have good capacity for juiceboxes, crayon boxes...etc, and don't sag too much.

(Third photo is loaded layout, with binos on the left....empty pouch in middle, and fishing tackle on the right.)

We've got more work to do...but it’s coming along, (plus it's a great time-killer on long winter days!)  :)

HS

(Keep your eyes peeled for a video soon!....)

Hammer Sandwich said:
Here in Nova Scotia, it's been a' snowin....that means more time for manly fixin' and sewin!

Hammer and Small Mallet Sandwich present THE BBB Jr.!

The little one has been asking about having her own “Adventure Belt”...so we went back to the A&N Surplus on Tuesday, and this is what we came up with:

An 82’ pattern Canadian Forces Webgear.
As I'm sure you know, the original layout has the belt buckle in the front.

To enhance load carriage capability, the webgear is reversed, (leaving the buckle in rear, and “modular” belt portion in the front).
(As you may notice, the buttpack hangs quite low, even with all straps pulled as short as possible.)

So, I added, moved and removed some stuff...and wrangled the pouches the little one chose onto the front.
(The little one chose well....what I believe (?) to be a FAL C1 dual 20rd pouch, a dual C7 30rd pouch, and a canteen carrier pouch.)

BREAK.

Hey, would you mind making one for me to go with my '88 arctic winter coat I wear on a daily basis?
Looks great!

RemembranceDay said:
Hey, would you mind making one for me to go with my '88 arctic winter coat I wear on a daily basis?
Looks great!

Haha...thanks!
I tell ya, everything you see was from the A&N Surplus, ('cept the kid...far as I know)  ;)

I think the fella who runs the place is starting to get suspicious though.....In the past month,  I've purchased 2 complete webgear, and made 2 more trips for armfuls of yokes, straps, pouches...etc.
(I got lots of buds from Cape Breton that need gifts....)

I left work early today on account of the snow... got bored, drove back into work three hours later to shovel out the cars for two ladies who were about to go home.

It was freakin cold. Why is it that the aforementioned Chivalry can't be dead on really cold days?

:snowman:

Hammer, Kudos to you and the Mallet for your creations.

About to go out and dig out my MANLY grill to cook some MANLY Pacific MANLY salmon to serve on some MANLY plates on a MANLY table accompanied by MANLY beverages and MANLY condiments. I am then going to watch some MANLY movies of MANLINESS with my MANLY self on my MANLY sofa and then possibly go out and ride a MANLY OC Transpo bus to go buy some more MANLY drinks with my MANLY friends and admire some MANLY HOT women.

But for not I'll just post this MANLY MANNESS post in this MANLY thread of MANLINESS.

wlyl1l.jpg

HavokFour said:
But for not I'll just post this MANLY MANNESS post in this MANLY thread of MANLINESS.

That entire post was so MANLY, I just punched a flower.
Then BBQ'd it, and ate it.....

grr.

Hammer Sandwich said:
That entire post was so MANLY, I just punched a flower.
Then BBQ'd it, and ate it.....

grr.

Without a fork! Just a knife.... and NO plate!

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
Without a fork! Just a knife.... and NO plate!

YER GOODAMN RIGHT!!!!

But I ended up doing this.

Plate would've been a good idea......hindsight being 20/20...'n all

Manly thing of the day:

We didn't just kiss on first date tonight. ;)

HavokFour said:
Manly thing of the day:

We didn't just kiss on first date tonight. ;)

oohhhhh...lol

I went to work at my part time job. Correctional Officer......

Back