• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Rogo said:
I've learned so much today, who knew that CF mbrs are secretly mead experts. :bowing:

You'd be surprised at what we can be experts on.

Especially after imbibing on mead. >:D

Rogo said:
I've learned so much today, who knew that CF mbrs are secretly mead experts. :bowing:

Mead has alcohol content. That's why we know about it!

Gave my son a 'FIBUA house' - a scabby old home made doll house I found by the side of the road - and a package of army men for his birthday. We discussed mouseholing and some basic tactics. Without any prompting from me, he arranged his troops in little 'stacks' to destory the resident 'bad guy', a cheap Transformer toy.

My work here is done.  :nod:

daftandbarmy said:
Gave my son a 'FIBUA house' - a scabby old home made doll house I found by the side of the road - and a package of army men for his birthday. We discussed mouseholing and some basic tactics. Without any prompting from me, he arranged his troops in little 'stacks' to destory the resident 'bad guy', a cheap Transformer toy.

My work here is done.  :nod:

You forgot to give a room to himself and the world's supply or chocolate ;D...give him a red marker and some TP and see if he treats his wounded...no surprises, I apparently did that with some of mine  ::).

MM

medicineman said:
You forgot to give a room to himself and the world's supply or chocolate ;D...give him a red marker and some TP and see if he treats his wounded...no surprises, I apparently did that with some of mine  ::).

MM

He's been pretty good at treating my various injuries. Does a great job of applying 'spolly-sporin' and band aids. Maybe I can get him to fire up a still too, just like Hawkeye on Mash?

Made some mead:

JAOM1.jpg

Should be ready to bottle in about two months. Another month to age.

That was brilliant! That girl doesn't realize it, and won't for some years to come, but she has a father that cares!

Hawk

cupper said:
You'd be surprised at what we can be experts on.

Especially after imbibing on mead. >:D

I love Mead, and these guys make awesome mead and real honey, in different flavours!
for those in Sooke, Victoria & Duncan well worth a stop by.

Tugwell Creek Honey Farm and Meadery,
8750 Westcoast Rd, Sooke, BC  250-642-1956
http://tugwellcreekfarm.com/

Just got back from Prince George BC: a manly place where they know how to look after kids at breakfast time...

NavyShooter said:
Here's my contribution for the day....

Ummm ..... what about those of us who see two people dancing on the stomach of a nude woman with a nice rack?.

In my engineering ethics lecture a few weeks ago, the professor felt it would be an appropriate use of time to explain the function that describes an engineer's problem solving ability versus the number of beers he/she has consumed. He had factors that took into account body weight, the beverage's abv, and the difficulty of the problem being solved. He insisted that the graph is exponential in nature up to a certain number of drinks. Of course, as engineering students, most of us are all too familiar with this subject already. Definitely the most "manly" instructor I have had so far. :cheers:

We were also told by a physics professor that the reason one of our physics exams is 19:30 on Valentine's day is to help us save money on a date, in order to be able to afford the beverages we will inevitably need to drink to feel better about ourselves after writing his exam. He's definitely not helping our reputation with the girls on campus though.

Jonathan

jparkin said:
In my engineering ethics lecture a few weeks ago, the professor felt it would be an appropriate use of time to explain the function that describes an engineer's problem solving ability versus the number of beers he/she has consumed. He had factors that took into account body weight, the beverage's abv, and the difficulty of the problem being solved. He insisted that the graph is exponential in nature up to a certain number of drinks. Of course, as engineering students, most of us are all too familiar with this subject already. Definitely the most "manly" instructor I have had so far. :cheers:

We were also told by a physics professor that the reason one of our physics exams is 19:30 on Valentine's day is to help us save money on a date, in order to be able to afford the beverages we will inevitably need to drink to feel better about ourselves after writing his exam. He's definitely not helping our reputation with the girls on campus though.

Jonathan

The manly man heroes of my semi-wasted youth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_Undergraduate_Society_of_the_University_of_British_Columbia

daftandbarmy said:
The manly man heroes of my semi-wasted youth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_Undergraduate_Society_of_the_University_of_British_Columbia

"Engineering Undergraduate Society (EUS), is the engineering society at the University of British Columbia. It organizes Engineering department events but is perhaps best known for practical jokes (STUdeNT projectS) it has played in the past, including hanging the frame of a Volkswagen Beetle off bridges"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_Undergraduate_Society_of_the_University_of_British_Columbia

Thats awesome  ;D

Started piecing the suspension back together on the 1/5 scale Tiger 1 last night....got about 90% done, then realized I had to re-drill a hole...which meant a complete tear down again.  Dirty hands...working on a tank....in your own home....how more manly does it get?

Last friday I bought sweet bourbon glasses. Then, I applied for the infantry. Then, to celebrate I drank vourbon in said glasses. It was a good day.

Back