• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Hammer Sandwich

Reaction score
Did up some pork back ribs on the grill....no boiling, no oven, just indirect heat, the ribs over a pan of water, and a beer can full of BBQ sauce, peppercorns, & hot sauce over the active burner to make tasty smoke....

Some corn on the cob and salad as sides...and all washed down with a nice cold Big Rock "Warthog".

Manly, and delicious!

Even the kid loves ribs!....(best kid ever) :)

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
RemembranceDay said:
Not manly... I was barbecueing at 9. I'm a girl. Oh yeah, BBQ'ed some burgers for a crowd of 20 on a open fire.

It would be especially manly if he was being taught to BBQ Christians...  ;D

Maxadia

Reaction score
RemembranceDay said:
Not manly... I was barbecueing at 9. I'm a girl. Oh yeah, BBQ'ed some burgers for a crowd of 20 on a open fire.

Not just barbecuing.....how to do it properly.  Never to old to learn.  :)

RememberanceDay

Reaction score
daftandbarmy said:
It would be especially manly if he was being taught to BBQ Christians...  ;D
Umm... You might wanna realize that SOME people ARE Christians... and are on here. Kinda offensive.

Journeyman

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
RemembranceDay said:
Umm... You might wanna realize that SOME people ARE Christians... and are on here. Kinda offensive.
Agreed. Christians are traditionally fed to lions, not BBQ'd.

I sure hope the QM gets in that back-order of "Humour, Sense of, C1" pretty soon.

Silverfire

Reaction score
RemembranceDay said:

A Leading Seaman Cadet just attempted to dress down a 25+ year vet?  That was pretty manly  ;)

(I say that with a light heart.  No offense intended.)

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Silverfire said:
A Leading Seaman Cadet just attempted to dress down a 25+ year vet?  That was pretty manly  ;)

(I say that with a light heart.  No offense intended.)

Whoa. Good point. I may have missed the fact that all men are not Vikings. At heart anyways (Heart:tastes very nice when done on the barbie with some Jack Daniels sauce, by the way, especially if it's taken fresh from the chest of your recently slain, worhty, foe).  ;D

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
daftandbarmy said:
Whoa. Good point. I may have missed the fact that all men are not Vikings. At heart anyways (Heart:tastes very nice when done on the barbie with some Jack Daniels sauce, by the way, especially if it's taken fresh from the chest of your recently slain, worhty, foe).  ;D
I, sir am not only "a" viking, I'm the TECHNOVIKING!

HAIL HAIL HAIL!!!!!

kneecam_no_1.jpg

RememberanceDay

Reaction score
daftandbarmy said:
Turkey heart works well too.

Romanmaz

Reaction score
Technoviking said:
I, sir am not only "a" viking, I'm the TECHNOVIKING!

HAIL HAIL HAIL!!!!!

kneecam_no_1.jpg
Is there a back-story to your obsession with this guy?  ???

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Romanmaz said:
Is there a back-story to your obsession with this guy?  ???
There probably is, yes.

You see, I am a Germanophile (true story), and this guy has been an internet legend for years.  I'm not sure of the details, but I find the entire Technoviking legend to be, well legendary.

Romanmaz

Reaction score
Technoviking said:
There probably is, yes.

You see, I am a Germanophile (true story), and this guy has been an internet legend for years.  I'm not sure of the details, but I find the entire Technoviking legend to be, well legendary.
HAHA good to know. I haven't heard anyone talking about him in a long time. He was a legend though.

Mikhail

Reaction score
On a note related to Techno Viking, and in the spirit of this 'Manly Pursuits' thread, I will be losing my braids in time for my upcoming trip to BMQ.

And yes, being into Germanic culture helps to pull off braids.

I was winning the beard growing contest with my fellow Ranger, till I got my offer. Now my prospects have dimmed. (grin).

HavokFour

Reaction score
Today I waved to a tan beret (the first I've seen in my life) and lived to post about it on this forum. I then got on the 98 and let an elderly man take my seat. All this while having one shoe lace dangerously untied and a hot coffee in hand.

I live on the edge.  8)