• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

whiskey601 said:
cbc radio "the current" has been building up to this for the past week or so. I think they [the cbc] will likely take the position that the little baestard was a lawful combatant and his trial and probable execution a violation of international law.

Seems to me that the Death Penalty is still used in both Afghanistan and parts of the US of A.   The 'alleged' crime was committed in Afghanistan against Americans.   He is being tried by an American Judicial System.   'Canada' does not enter into the equation at all (other than his claim to Citizenship.).   He is being treated as any other foreigner would, if committing a crime in the US or in this case against a US citizen.  

There are numerous cases of Canadians on Death Row in the US. for crimes they have committed there.   Why should Canadians plea for this retches case?

Well George, the cbc radio "the current" is not particularly open to the truth in the GWOT. They see it as an unwarranted and over zealous racial and religious attack by the US on poor innocent islamic types. blah blah blah you know the story.

The other day they had a part of an interview with the Sampson guy from Saudi and it occurred to me at that time that this was the guy they are going to use for a comparison model. ... "Look at the outrage over what almost happened to the white Christian guy in a foreign jail facing the death penalty... why no such effort for the heroic innocent little Islamic freedom fighter in a US jail. " 

We should shoot him for treason -- if he claims Canadian citizenship and opposed the Coalition forces in OEF - he is a traitor plain and simple -- they should also shoot the a$$hat that had the death penalty removed from the QR&O's...

We should make him our next Governor-General....

Why should the Cdn tax payer have to cop the bill? As far as I am concerened, the Govt has nothing to do with an individual's terrorist behaviour, and pay for his actions conducting such activities. If he wants assistance, let him or his family pay for it.

He is on his own, and now its time to pay the piper! Let the US make an example of this murdering POS coward!

Too bad he just didn't cop a few ball rds the day he was 'captured', and this all would not be happening.

Truly disgusted (again),

Wes

Can you believethis latest statment from the family. I mean I guess you have to ay something...

Americans act like 'gods'

Nobody can tell them anything,' says mom of Canadian prisoner

The mother of a Toronto teen charged with murder and held at Guantanamo Bay accused Americans of acting like gods yesterday and slammed Ottawa for doing nothing to help her son.

Maha Elsamnah lashed out at both Washington and Ottawa over the detention and treatment of Omar Khadr, 19, who faces the death penalty if convicted by a special U.S. military tribunal.

"The Americans are gods now," Elsamnah said in an interview from her east-end Toronto home.

"The Americans can do anything. They make the law. Nobody can tell them anything. Nobody can disagree with them."

Khadr was just 15 when he allegedly threw a hand grenade that killed an American soldier and wounded another during a shootout with Taliban fighters in Afghanistan in July 2002.
He arrived in Guantanamo Bay as a 16-year-old, the youngest enemy combatant detained there.

"The Canadians have not been trying anything," Elsamnah said. "Ottawa is allied to the Americans, so what do you expect?"

One of Khadr's Canadian lawyers, Dennis Edney, accused the federal government of abandoning the teenager and hiding behind a veil of "silent diplomacy."

The Khadrs, who are Canadian citizens, have had an uneasy relationship with Ottawa since it emerged that the family patriarch, Ahmed Said, was an associate of Osama bin Laden. He was killed in a battle with U.S.-led coalition forces in Pakistan in October 2003.

Another brother, Karim, was paralyzed during the incident in which his father was killed and returned to Canada in April 2004.

The family's oldest brother, Abdullah, is believed to have been detained in Pakistan more than a year ago.
___________________________________________________________________________________

These POS's are an emeny of my country and I personally wish the US would take the lot of them!

Slim

Moments like this, I envy the creative and 'freehanded' approaches of certain M/E country formed sometime last century. I am assuming if this family had harmed one of their own they would be have been bagged overnight on to a flight and shipped to A-gan or somewhere. Then they could file all their protest they want from oceans apart.

Where are these creative lawyers when you need them? Why can't they find some long forgotton sliver of a law somewhere in the books to cancel their membership to Canadian Club ?

Traitor.

The guy is no different than those who supported the Nazis.

Let him face the consequences of his actions.

At least the Americans are putting the b*astard on trial, which is what I had hoped.  These people are disgusting, they were all proud when sonny boy killed the americans, but know want Ottawa to intervine and make sure the kid isn't executed for doing exactly that?  They need to get it through their heads Ottawa and 99% of Canadians do not support them, there cause, or there kid rotting away in gitmo. 

Hatchet Man said:
At least the Americans are putting the b*astard on trial, which is what I had hoped.   These people are disgusting, they were all proud when sonny boy killed the americans, but know want Ottawa to intervine and make sure the kid isn't executed for doing exactly that?   They need to get it through their heads Ottawa and 99% of Canadians do not support them, there cause, or there kid rotting away in gitmo.  

I  had no idea what was going on with this guy untill I saw the news story on him last night. At first I assumed he was imprisoned just because of his family ties, which obviously would be suspicious... then I wonder what the heck he's doing in afghanistan in the first place...

so it turns out he throws grenades at the americans, kills one and seriously injures another one, his family jumps into pakistan to try and get help for him, it doesnt work out, so then they "whip out and start waving around the canadian passports". Thats just garbage. And the lawyers are actually trying to make a case for this dirtbag? Oh the government wont help you? Poor baby. Maybe you should not attack and kill our allies.

They should take their case back to pakistan because yeah, we sure as hell have no sympathy here.

When did the death penalty get removed from QR & O's?  I've been out for a while and I'm not on the distribution list for such things anymore; I'd be most interested in what the amendment is.

Well, we can't hang the bugger, but hopefully the Americans will

Apparently the Canadian Gov't has assurances from the the US that they won't hang the poor boy if he's found guilty. I think life in Leavenworth as somebody's bitch would be more appropriate for this little darling. :'(

IIRC they can still shoot him via firing squad...  ;)

May be a neat legal way out - Canada declares victory they wont hang him -- and justice is still served...

Wesley H. Allen said:
Too bad he just didn't cop a few ball rds the day he was 'captured', and this all would not be happening.

Truly disgusted (again),
Wes

Apparently he was badly wounded in that action and would have bled to death on the spot if not for the life saving efforts of the second medic of that US unit (the unit usually only had one medic, except that he was badly wounded in the same action). And for their efforts the Americans are being condemned by the family as torturers. >:D

Acutally ODA's have two medics, a junior and senior medic on the team.

He fragged the teams sr medic, and ironically was saved by the junior.  You really gotta respect the US for that, me I would have broke out a dip of chew and offered it around to the rest of the team until sh*tpump bled out.

The Khadr family confuses me.  I was led to believe, based on the words spoken by the li'l bugger's mother and sister, that it is their wish that they all die and indeed die for their 'righteous cause'.  Then why do they care if he is strung up?  As long as it was for their cause.  Am I missing something here ... is there not a logic breakdown?  Also, because this family has openly said that they would all like to die for their cause (except one son, of course ... not the li'l bugger, his brother) and to do so would be the greatest honour, what are they doing demanding certain rights from a government that is considered an enemy by the terrorist group to which they are affiliated and sympathetic?  Canadian citizenship is not something that should be flashed when convenient for ones' own gain.  There are rights to being a Canadian, however, there are responsibilities too ... none of which include holding the country as an enemy.  'Oh please, help us we are Canadian citizens, and by the way, I hope to die while murdering as many Canadian infidels as possible, now, where do I go to exert political pressure to get my terrorist son back to Canada to continue the good fight'.  Does this seem as ridiculous to others as it does to me?  I believe in fundamental rights of all, however, there has to be accountability and responsibility for ones' actions.  Anyone that considers my infant son to be an enemy of theirs, is an enemy of mine and anyone who lives in Canada and believes that non-muslims are infidels to be eliminated, is also an enemy of mine.  May the li'l bugger rot in whatever awaits him after his hopefully judicial death.  Religion is a mystery to me, however, for his sake, I hope there is some kind of hell!

Whats confusing about the Khadrs?  They want all the rights and priveledges of being Canadian citizens while at the same time they bite the hand that feeds them so to speak.  Sure it may not seem locigal to us but then again most of us on this site at some point in time have sworn aligience to Canada, the crown, and the laws that govern us, something these little phucks kinda mumbled during their citizenship oath.  Hang em, gas em, shoot em, poison em, electrocute em, just make sure he is dead (after his day in court first, that whole due process thingy), then mail back the ashes with an included "gift" curtesy of Uncle Sam and the SF unit involved in the firefight (I am sure the ODA's 18C Sgt(s) would be glad to help make this "gift").

Back