• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

Lightguns said:
So we are stripping the citizenship and sending back the drafted NAZI interpreter but 10.5 million for the Islamist is OK.  I am going to put in more rations and ammo, this sh@thole is gonna implode soon.

Their will be no imploding, Canadian memories are short. And unfortunately the current cult of Trudeau get distracted by shiny things Trudeau does.

Yesterday at 1700 I attended a meeting hosted by my MP to discuss the Khadr issue. It was pretty well attended and the participants displayed a wide spectrum of views ranging from outright support of the settlement (and the victimhood of Khadr) to something close to a lynch mob mentality. In balance, most were opposed to the settlement, or at least the sleazy way it was handled.

SeaKingTacco said:
My point is: how do you codify human rights? Are they not culturally and temporally dependent? How do you make something like that a) timeless b) universal?

We have made them somewhat universal in Canada.  We have a generally agreed upon list that has existed for at least half a century.  That's not long, but on the other hand, I don't see it ending any time soon.

George Wallace said:
Seems that the Perverts are in power.  Removal of the wording "Barbaric practices of Female Genital Mutilation and Honour Killings not acceptable in Canadian society" from prerequisites of becoming a Canadian.  Dumbing down the Law against Bestiality.  "A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" now entrenched with this Liberal undoing of an Act to strip dual citizens of their Canadian Citizenship if they are convicted of Terrorism.  This Government is getting more and more OBSCENE every day.

I'm pretty sure FGM and most 'barbaric' practices are just as illegal as they were.  I'm also sure that the bestiality decision had nothing to do with perversion.

gryphonv said:
Their will be no imploding, Canadian memories are short. And unfortunately the current cult of Trudeau get distracted by shiny things Trudeau does.

There's actually been no discernible impact even now to the Liberal poll numbers.  They've actually gone up.

jmt18325 said:
I'm pretty sure FGM and most 'barbaric' practices are just as illegal as they were.  I'm also sure that the bestiality decision had nothing to do with perversion.

All totalled together, they tend to point to perversion in my eyes.  If you don't find them perverted, I would be curious why.

jmt18325 said:
I'm pretty sure FGM and most 'barbaric' practices are just as illegal as they were. 
And yet we had a judge give a lighter sentence because of culture and the man allegedly not knowing that its illegal to smash the shit out of your wife.

Lightguns said:
So we are stripping the citizenship and sending back the drafted NAZI interpreter but 10.5 million for the Islamist is OK.  I am going to put in more rations and ammo, this sh@thole is gonna implode soon.

Seems that this is just one more of the "Daily Liberal Faux Paux". 

This 93 year old man has already won his fight in the Courts on four occasions to maintain his Canadian Citizenship.  His history is that of a seventeen year old German national in the Ukraine being drafted as an Interpreter (not a combatant) into a Nazi unit.  Interesting the similarities and differences with his case and Khadr's.  Both could be considered "Child Soldiers" by the Lefties, if they would not have any anti-Nazi bias.  One, however, was a non-combatant, while the other was a illegal combatant.  Another interesting hypocrisy in the Liberal move to deport an old man and strip him of his Citizenship after half a century of being a contributing member of Canadian society, is that they are reinstating the Canadian Citizenship of a Convicted Terrorist from the Toronto 18 who is a young man and still a credible threat to Canada.

jmt18325 said:
The ones that were ruled to have happened by the courts.  Your sweet lord has nothing to do with it.

CSIS interviewed him and shared the info with the yanks. Oh the horrors!!! But the yanks wouldn't allow an interview unless the info was shared.

As you know, CSIS isn't a law enforcement agency. I suppose the agents should have read him his rights.

BTW, you don't seem to understand interjection. I guess I should have wrote, Oh my gosh

shawn5o said:
CSIS interviewed him and shared the info with the yanks. Oh the horrors!!! But the yanks wouldn't allow an interview unless the info was shared.

As you know, CSIS isn't a law enforcement agency. I suppose the agents should have read him his rights.

BTW, you don't seem to understand interjection. I guess I should have wrote, Oh my gosh

Shawn don't feed the wildlife  :blotto:

jmt18325 said:
That would hardly be fair, seeing that the laws of neither Canada (according to the Supreme Court of Canada) nor the US (according to the Supreme Court of the United States) were followed in obtaining that confession.

Canada was not involved in the confession.

jmt18325 said:
In my view, the confession is next to useless.

i am glad that your not part of the legal process

jmt18325 said:
Let me just say that I am glad your view is not the law of the land.  Rights are not a two way street, nor do they have a sliding scale - nor should they.

Why does the Charter flip flop on some rights?

jmt18325 said:
When the people take justice out of the hands of people who have a more learned and impartial interest, it is their own undoing.  Democracy was never meant to be absolute - at least not in our context.

Tell me, have you read the SCC's judgement? Believe me, it was and still is NOT impartial.

The SCC claimed that Khadr was tortured without providing proof - I highly doubt he was tortured (including the so-called "frequent flyer program").

Shawn5: If you're going to start the debate again, organize everything into 1 post. Reading through the thread and quoting/responding one post at a time just turns it into a mess that's extremely hard to read.

PuckChaser said:
Shawn5: If you're going to start the debate again, organize everything into 1 post. Reading through the thread and quoting/responding one post at a time just turns it into a mess that's extremely hard to read.

Sometimes hard to do when replying to several different posts. 

Hold Ctrl and click on the quote button it'll open it in a new window, then you can copy and paste into a main reply. That's how I normally do it, very quick and makes everything nice and clean.

PuckChaser said:
Hold Ctrl and click on the quote button it'll open it in a new window, then you can copy and paste into a main reply. That's how I normally do it, very quick and makes everything nice and clean.
As it was, he had a short post and a long post......Are you suggesting he compile all into a long novelette?

We would become quite bored after reading replies to the first three or four of jmt's quotes.

George Wallace said:
As it was, he had a short post and a long post......Are you suggesting he compile all into a long novelette?

100% that's what I'm suggesting. If you look at the posting times, less than an hour and a half in between. When coming into a thread with lots of unread replies, its prudent to read through everything, pick a few you want to respond to, and make a bigger post. Sure, its a big post, but we waste more space with the headers  on 5 posts than we would with a couple extra carriage returns separating quotes.

People have written short stories on here before as responses, and as always you can exercise the free will not to read it. That's probably why Reddit has a TL:DR (Too Long:Didn't Read) system for their posts.

George Wallace said:
We would become quite bored after reading replies to the first three or four of jmt's quotes.

Imagine having to read all of JMTs posts, and then the replies! :sarcasm:

If my suggestion is a big issue for you, please feel free to PM me and discuss it. Otherwise, no need for the discussion on it taking away from a good topic.

PuckChaser said:

Sorry 'bout that. I allowed emotion to overturn my beer-addled brain.  :nod:

Back