• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

milnews.ca said:
Is a criminal record check part of EMT registration in Alberta?  And how "deep"/far back? Dumb question, maybe, but I only ask because I don't know  :dunno:

Yes, one needs a criminal records check and a vulnerable sector screening done.

Rocky Mountains said:
How are they going to keep the passengers on the aircraft when they start noticing they are sharing space with an international terrorist and murderer?  How can he even be allowed to fly as no-fly lists were designed precisely for people like him?

According to this MacLeans article no one knows if he's on a no fly list due to its secrecy until he buys a ticket and is either turned away or let on.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/is-omar-khadr-allowed-to-board-an-airplane/

I'll laugh when someone has a PTSD moment in the seat beside him on the A/C and shanks him repeatedly...

ModlrMike said:
Yes, one needs a criminal records check and a vulnerable sector screening done.
Thx for that - then he will, indeed, have some 'splainin' to do ....

KevinB said:
I'll laugh when someone has a PTSD moment in the seat beside him on the A/C and shanks him repeatedly...

I'll laugh if that happens to his vitriolic sister Zaynab Khadr, who has been known to demonize American/western soldiers in interviews with media here. 

And speaking of which, how do we know his sister and other family members aren't hatching a plan to whisk him away from Canada to continue his radical intentions?

S.M.A. said:
I'll laugh if that happens to his vitriolic sister Zaynab Khadr, who has been known to demonize American/western soldiers in interviews with media here. 

And speaking of which, how do we know his sister and other family members aren't hatching a plan to whisk him away from Canada to continue his radical intentions?

Let's put it this way, if his family were to "whisk him away from Canada to continue his radical intentions", then the proof would be slapped squarely in the faces of all who fought for his pardon, and leave him and all those family members on so many lists for arrest, or worse, that they would not survive a decade anywhere in the world.

Guess he's not on a no fly list. He's now in Toronto.

Khadr's arrival Thursday dispels questions as to whether he is able to board a commercial aircraft in Canada because of the potential he was on a no-fly-list.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/omar-khadr-flies-to-toronto-to-visit-grandparents-1.3252301

Teager said:
Guess he's not on a no fly list ....
THAT'S interesting - wonder who in government did what to make THAT happen?

Teager said:
Two weeks ago, Justice June Ross of the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench ruled Khadr could remove an electronic monitoring bracelet, be allowed to visit his grandparents in Toronto, and speak to them in a language other than English.

The judge also ordered the removal of monitoring software on the laptop computer Khadr uses for school. The software was interfering with the operations of the computer, and Alberta Justice had been unable to help resolve the problems.

Seems like his conditions of bail get easier and easier the more they "interfere" with his everyday life.

The judge also ordered the removal of monitoring software on the laptop computer Khadr uses for school. The software was interfering with the operations of the computer, and Alberta Justice had been unable to help resolve the problems.

Really?  I'm pretty sure people have been using various forms of keyloggers without individuals noticing for years.

Robert0288 said:
Really?  I'm pretty sure people have been using various forms of keyloggers without individuals noticing for years.

He's got a cell phone - one doesn't need something like an ankle bracelet anyway.  Hopefully this way he doesn't think he's being monitored  ;D

S.M.A. said:

Like I said, when my son can fly home to see me I'll thinks it's ok for our poor downtrodden misguided to fly to visit his granny and grandpa.

This is not OK. This ignores the rights of the many over the rights of a killer. Typically Canadian. I love this country but sometimes I wonder.

Hamish Seggie said:
This is not OK. This ignores the rights of the many over the rights of a killer.

I completely agree with you. I, sadly, think however that we are in the minority of this kind of thought in Canada.

Hamish Seggie said:
Like I said, when my son can fly home to see me I'll thinks it's ok for our poor downtrodden misguided to fly to visit his granny and grandpa.

This is not OK. This ignores the rights of the many over the rights of a killer. Typically Canadian. I love this country but sometimes I wonder.

I am so sorry for your loss, Hamish - a loss that as Canadians we all share to a certain degree - and I completely agree with you: it AIN'T OK. He's not just a killer, he's a traitor, and our descent into softness on this and similar issues, will, I fear, ultimately be our undoing.

:salute:

BurnDoctor said:
I am so sorry for your loss, Hamish - a loss that as Canadians we all share to a certain degree - and I completely agree with you: it AIN'T OK. He's not just a killer, he's a traitor, and our descent into softness on this and similar issues, will, I fear, ultimately be our undoing.

:salute:

............and it's about to get so soft, it'll be complete mush at the end of the next four years.

Not in the Dauphin's mind.

Khadr, on the other hand...

Back