• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

Hopefully, if his ambulance chasing legal team is able to squeeze any kind of settlement from the Canadian Government, the monies will immediately pass to the US settlement. Straight from our coffers to the US plaintiffs. He shouldn't even get a sniff.

recceguy said:
Hopefully, if his ambulance chasing legal team is able to squeeze any kind of settlement from the Canadian Government, the monies will immediately pass to the US settlement. Straight from our coffers to the US plaintiffs. He shouldn't even get a sniff.

I'd love to see that headline. And watch the apologists heads explode.  >:D

Have you seen the latest? This POS thinks his bail is to tough.
Shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

Omar Khadr wants bail eased so he can fly to Toronto to visit family More at link.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/omar-khadr-wants-bail-eased-fly-toronto-visit-190206973.html

One decision down, one more still to come ....
A judge has agreed to ease some bail conditions for former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr and is considering other changes that would increase his freedoms.

Khadr's curfew is being eased so he can attend night classes at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton, where he plans to study to become an emergency medical technician.

He can also leave home earlier in the morning for religious prayers.

The federal government is not opposing the changes, which also include allowing Khadr to stay with friends in Alberta if permitted by his bail supervisor. He is currently required to live with one of his lawyers, Dennis Edney, and not leave Alberta except to stay at Edney's vacation home in B.C.

Khadr's lawyers argued in court Friday that he has complied with his bail conditions for the last four months and most of the restrictions are no longer needed.

(....)

Justice June Ross agreed to bail in May, pending the appeal.

On Friday, she reserved her decision on Khadr's other requests to visit family in the Toronto area and to get rid of the electronic monitoring bracelet strapped to his left ankle.

The judge said she wants to see a report from Khadr's bail supervisor. The hearing is to continue next Friday.

Khadr's other lawyer, Nathan Whitling, told court that Khadr wants to see his grandparents, who are ill and whom he hasn't seen since he was a child. He wants to be able to visit them, unsupervised, and also wants to see his three brothers and a sister.

Whitling said Khadr's mother and another sister, who have expressed pro-al-Qaida views in the past, are not currently in Canada and Khadr's Toronto visit wouldn't include them.

Khadr has said in an affidavit that his relatives are not involved in any illegal activity but, if they were to try to influence his religious views, he would not be swayed as he is an independent adult ....

Teager said:
How ironic wants to study to be an EMT after killing a medic.

How's he going to gain registration and/or employment when he won't pass the criminal records check?

ModlrMike said:
How's he going to gain registration and/or employment when he won't pass the criminal records check?

Funny my wife said the same thing. I'm not sure but wasn't his lawyer pursuing his sentence as a youth sentence? If you have a youth sentence is it easier to get a pardon?

Wants to fly to Toronto? Yeah- I can just see Westjet or Air Canada lining up to sell him a ticket.

I would also hate to be the guy in line behind him at security. That will be one really, really long screening....

ModlrMike said:

Why not put him to work as an advisor to CSIS and the RCMP, mine the knowledge he has on radicalization and cultural attitudes.

If he's serious about making a new life, a new start, that would be a good place to start.

cupper said:
Why not put him to work as an advisor to CSIS and the RCMP, mine the knowledge he has on radicalization and cultural attitudes.

If he's serious about making a new life, a new start, that would be a good place to start.

How about a start in some other country? Maybe one that is less tolerant of treason.

cupper said:

Good luck getting a security clearance to work at CSIS. He wouldn't even get in the door.

Who's to say he really wants to help Canada fight radicalization and terrorism? His whole defense so far was "I was naive and young", not a hint of remorse.

Never said that they had to let him in the door.

And never said he had to be a willing participant.

PuckChaser said:
Good luck getting a security clearance to work at CSIS. He wouldn't even get in the door.

Who's to say he really wants to help Canada fight radicalization and terrorism? His whole defense so far was "I was naive and young", not a hint of remorse.

He can be hired as an Informant. Not so different from being a confidential Informant with a police service. He would get paid as he provides credible information. Should the info not check out or he fails to cooperate, he doesn't get jack.

So, back to his becoming an EMT. How much do you want to bet he launches a court challenge saying that his inability to gain provincial registration is unfair?

How are they going to keep the passengers on the aircraft when they start noticing they are sharing space with an international terrorist and murderer?  How can he even be allowed to fly as no-fly lists were designed precisely for people like him?

What happens when the AC or Westjet aircraft overflies US airspace on the way to Toronto?

There will be some interesting discussions going on at the various airline headquarters, no doubt. 

I do believe, however, that he will be on his best behavior while off his leash so that he doesn't get put back on it.  And there will be plenty of eyes on as well.  I'll wager any aircraft he'll be on will be squeaky clean and safe as houses as it will have extra scrutiny.

Rifleman62 said:
What happens when the AC or Westjet aircraft overflies US airspace on the way to Toronto?
Don't know how the airways bend, but there could be a bit of that involved near the Soo.
Rocky Mountains said:
How can he even be allowed to fly as no-fly lists were designed precisely for people like him?
I guess we'll soon find out if he's a member of the No Fly Club ....
ModlrMike said:
So, back to his becoming an EMT. How much do you want to bet he launches a court challenge saying that his inability to gain provincial registration is unfair?
Is a criminal record check part of EMT registration in Alberta?  And how "deep"/far back? Dumb question, maybe, but I only ask because I don't know  :dunno: 

Back