• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Justice Industry Sidelines a Big 'Earner'

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Leo Teskey has been declared a dangerous offender.  Teskey, who beat a landlord into a vegetative state, shot a cop in the back of the head and tore the penis off a two year-old boy may never see freedom again: maybe.

This came about after long delays and procrastination by the justice industry who no doubt wanted to keep a good earner on the street, Teskey's legal costs must have bankrolled lots of legal staff, but the millions of dollars in health care he will cost the taxayers because of the physical and mental damages he caused his victims and his high profile required his being sidelined. 

The other 'one per-centers' (psychopaths) on the streets will have to keep the justice industry rolling without Teskey, for a while. 

I could not have expressed my sentiments as clear as that.  Thank you.

A shame the likes of him cannot be disposed of in a more permanent manner for the good, safety and benefit of society.

If this is to remain open, be real careful with the comments please.

Milnet.ca Staff

This guy is such a prolific offender that we studied him in a course I took on the dangerous offender designation.

I would suggest the current criteria are too restrictive. Mr. Teskey has been hurting everyone around him for twenty years now. And has had several psycologists find that he will not be reformed and it stems from his high opinion of his self not some medical disorder. Still had to leave a series of victims in multiple crimes to find himself here.

There are plenty like him only half way done their journey to the designation.

We either support the designation or we dont. A half baked law serves no one- all the way in or all the way out.

recceguy said:
If this is to remain open, be real careful with the comments please.

Milnet.ca Staff

Fine, let me refine my comment.  I don't trust the system to not get soft down the road and release him, or find some other means of his getting amongst population at large.  If he is so irredeemable as it seems, perhaps we need to revisit how and where we house the likes of him along with Bernado, Olson and others.  Put them somewhere far enough and remote enough that they will not come back to hurt anyone else again.

jollyjacktar said:
Fine, let me refine my comment.  I don't trust the system to not get soft down the road and release him, or find some other means of his getting amongst population at large.  If he is so irredeemable as it seems, perhaps we need to revisit how and where we house the likes of him along with Bernado, Olson and others.  Put them somewhere far enough and remote enough that they will not come back to hurt anyone else again.

No need to get defensive. It was a simple, general warning as we all know how these threads can progress. Nothing was pointed at you.

Perhaps when people finally realize and understand that we don't entertain postings of back alley justice on this site, the Staff can stop issuing warnings about it. ;)

Milnet.ca Staff

Container said:
This guy is such a prolific offender that we studied him in a course I took on the dangerous offender designation.

I would suggest the current criteria are too restrictive. Mr. Teskey has been hurting everyone around him for twenty years now. And has had several psycologists find that he will not be reformed and it stems from his high opinion of his self not some medical disorder. Still had to leave a series of victims in multiple crimes to find himself here.

There are plenty like him only half way done their journey to the designation.

We either support the designation or we dont. A half baked law serves no one- all the way in or all the way out.

- There are three pillars of the justice industry: Criminals, Victims and the Legal System.  The sytem works best when crimes are committed and perpetrators eventually caught. This generates revenue for all aspects of the system except the victims.  The victims pay for the legal system - largely through taxes - and higher insurance costs.  The trick is to warehouse the guilty long enough to assuage society, but not too long, or the earnings of the legal system drop.  The good revenue developers are generally repeat offenders with pyschopathic tendencies.  Note that anytime there is talk of getting tough on crime, there is never talk of isolating the 'one per-centers' from the average sad-sack junkies and crack whores.  The trick is to keep the prisons 'over crowded' so the system has an excuse for letting out the psychos earlier. 

I see you took the same course??  ;D

Id suggest that the problem is too much pandering to various interests than some level of conspiracy.

You simply cannot continue to grant men like Teskey their "rights" for as long as we do and then ensure safety of others. It seems to me we are still seeking out a balance of civility and control. Liberty vs security etc. iT IS unfortunate how late the victims are considered.

The high road sucks and the system does indeed look the way you suggest!

My wife once proposed an elegant Canadian solution to those more troublesome criminal cases: Upon conviction, drop the condemned off at the north end of Ellesmere Island in mid summer with only a knife, food and water for three days and the clothes on their back. If they make it back to civilization, they have earned a reprieve (not to mention our admiration at their survival skills).  :)

Back