• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Integrated Soldier System Project (ISSP)

signalsguy said:
FOC in 2023? Meanwhile in the USA, ATAK on commercial hardware, type 1 radios, GoTenna, MANET radios, whatever you want: https://youtu.be/tojMXYMVdyw

Canadian Armed Forces: Delivering yesterday's equipment, Tomorrow!

daftandbarmy said:
I'm just looking forward to the day when we don't have to rely on our phones to maintain comms on exercises....

This project doesn't fix the manpack gap created by some bright Signals Officers when they decided turning all manpacks in the CAF into vehicle-only radios without replacing those manpacks was a good idea...

That's a different problem. ISSP creates new problems. If I recall, the system is a stovepipe and the dismounts can't communicate with their ride, using the ISSP. They still need to have a 152 or 117 or whatever is being used now.

signalsguy said:
That's a different problem. ISSP creates new problems. If I recall, the system is a stovepipe and the dismounts can't communicate with their ride, using the ISSP. They still need to have a 152 or 117 or whatever is being used now.

Excellent news for the manufacturers of the tank telephone....

signalsguy said:

Because they weren't carrying enough weight as it is...  :rofl:

PuckChaser said:
Because they weren't carrying enough weight as it is...  :rofl:

Again, job security... this time for the Platoon and Company signalers :)

Hey Everyone, I am just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for set-ups of this new vest, I have been tinkering around with different set-ups, but continuously run into the same problem. The CPU pouch, what would thoughts be on moving it down to my Battle belt as opposed to on the vest itself?

I've been told this new vests costs $7000 per vest, is that true?

Does any other western military use a vest like this with a PDA, integrated radio system, antennas and batteries?

I've heard batteries need to be changed    every 3 days, having seen the battery dependent laser tag vests in wainwright I can't see battery resupply being an issue...

Back