• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Regarding the payout,

Beyond confirming that a settlement was reached, RCMP declined to comment, noting details of the settlement are "covered under a confidentiality clause."

There is an ongoing letter writing campaign in Ontario to sway the Ford government to follow the examples of AB, MB, SK and NB.

However, the centre of the universe (the GTA) supports the ban, the confiscation regime - with or without compensation - and the upcoming elimination of lawful handgun ownership. I believe the Ford government will cave to public pressure in the GTA and join BC and QC in implementing Trudeau's plan.
If that’s where a majority of his voters are, and they overwhelmingly support one side of something, then as a politician he’d be foolish not to read the tea leaves.

It’s a shame really, but are politics & politicians are elected to represent the wishes of their constituents. Even if annoyingly misguided.

On October 18, 2022, the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU) will hear witnesses regarding Bill C-21. Scheduled to appear are:

• Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association
  • Fédération sportive d’airsoft du Québec
  • Canadian Shooting Sports Association
  • Coalition for Gun Control
  • Canadian Doctors for Protection from Guns
  • Airsoft in Canada

That should be a painful session to watch.

On October 18, 2022, the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU) will hear witnesses regarding Bill C-21. Scheduled to appear are:

• Airsoft in Canada

Half the witnesses will talk facts. Half will talk feelings.

Guess which half will get listened to…

• Airsoft in Canada

have they figured out what the compensation for the airsoft rifles are yet?

Thank god most of my rifles are levers. They should stay unbanned for at least another 10yrs.
Honestly I dont think most people know whats going on. I think Im only going to lose a couple semi's but who knows I dont check the lists? The two cops murdered in Innisfil were shot with an SKS so I expect that to be added to the list as well

I have a Derya mag fed shotgun. It wasn't on the list. Some miscreant out west decided to have a shootout with the RCMP with his. Banned, about a week later, supposedly for 'cosmetic' reasons. A mag and a collapsible stock made it LOOK too much like an AR-15 to let civilians have one. It is far from the only gun that was banned simply because Canada’s Firearms Expert, MurraynSmith, now retired to that new position from the RCMP, thought it looked scary. I am so looking forward to seeing Murray Smith on the stand being crossed by our lawyers.

Murray Smith - Smith retired from his position and was engaged instead as a consultant to the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program soon after the prohibition took effect last May 1. Smith’s affidavit says he’s now providing advice as a forensic scientist, and is drafting firearm protocols, among other services.

It's Handgun Ban Day!

Effective at 12:01AM on October 21, 2022 no.pwrson or business may sell, transfer, buy or acquire a hand gun in Canada.

There are a very limited set of exemptions to this for "elite" sport shooters and others. But, for the vast majority of Canadians, if you don't legally own a handgun already, you never will.

If you already are legally in posession of a handgun and it breaks beyond repair, you cannot replace it. If you die, it will be surrendered to the government for destruction without compensation.

Now, we wait for the anti gun groups to be emboldened by this and demand full confiscation.

It's Handgun Ban Day!

Effective at 12:01AM on October 21, 2022 no.pwrson or business may sell, transfer, buy or acquire a hand gun in Canada.

There are a very limited set of exemptions to this for "elite" sport shooters and others. But, for the vast majority of Canadians, if you don't legally own a handgun already, you never will.

If you already are legally in posession of a handgun and it breaks beyond repair, you cannot replace it. If you die, it will be surrendered to the government for destruction without compensation.

Now, we wait for the anti gun groups to be emboldened by this and demand full confiscation.
The latest from our "science-based" government...

The "science" shows that bringing in more gun control while equating lawful firearms ownership with violent crime will result in urban voters supporting the Liberals.

I was listening to talk radio on my way in from deer hunting today and I guess some polling is showing PP has a slight lead over JT in who Canadians would prefer as PM.

Which is nice. But I'm not sure if the efficiency of that when it comes to seats on in the HOC to reverse all this garbage.

Last edited:
It's Handgun Ban Day!

The only option is exporting to the US, if you can. Many won't meet the US import requirements. There are lots of Canadian handgun owners who lost a lot of money today they will never be able to recover.

I'm not surprised they are letting handgun owners keep their stuff, as noted this was never about crime and they are way too cheap to cover the money Canadians invested. This was the best option to totally and completely screw Canadian handgun owners.

There are Canadian gun collectors and enthusiasts who still own full-auto as well, because they never wanted to pay them out either. The so-called assault weapon "buy-back" has been a complete disaster as well.

If gun owners are lucky this will be undone by a future government, but that also never seems to actually happen.

I have a Derya mag fed shotgun. It wasn't on the list. Some miscreant out west decided to have a shootout with the RCMP with his. Banned, about a week later, supposedly for 'cosmetic' reasons. A mag and a collapsible stock made it LOOK too much like an AR-15 to let civilians have one. It is far from the only gun that was banned simply because Canada’s Firearms Expert, MurraynSmith, now retired to that new position from the RCMP, thought it looked scary. I am so looking forward to seeing Murray Smith on the stand being crossed by our lawyers.

Murray Smith - Smith retired from his position and was engaged instead as a consultant to the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program soon after the prohibition took effect last May 1. Smith’s affidavit says he’s now providing advice as a forensic scientist, and is drafting firearm protocols, among other services.
Further.
The pics. The gray one is a BSM-12 by Balikli-Makarov is Non Restricted and available to own.

The red one is a Mk12 by Derya, it is banned for being a variant of an AR-15.

The only difference in the two is cosmetic. Barrel shroud, etc. Both shotguns were made in Turkey by the same parent company. Both shotguns are the same.

Murray Smith decided, all on his own to ban them. He is also the guy responsible for all the new additions to the FRT. He is the one who decided what would be on the list. The Derya was banned by his 'expert' opinion. You can look at both shotguns and tell me what kind of an expert he is. An expert hoplophobe maybe.

The article is dated, but it goes directly to this ban. Including the bafflegab by the RCMP spokesperson.

Balikli-BSM12-Grey-3_preview.jpegDerya-MK-12-AS-104SE.jpg

Last edited:
The only option is exporting to the US, if you can. Many won't meet the US import requirements. There are lots of Canadian handgun owners who lost a lot of money today they will never be able to recover.

I'm not surprised they are letting handgun owners keep their stuff, as noted this was never about crime and they are way too cheap to cover the money Canadians invested. This was the best option to totally and completely screw Canadian handgun owners.
If they ban all handguns now, it takes away a potential election promise next time.
"Despite our freeze on (lawful) purchases, imports, and transfers of handguns, criminal use of handguns continues to be a problem across the country. If we're re-elected, we will ban all handguns."

But I am surprised they allowed pending transfers to go through. That would've been an ideal BOHICA to licensees waiting to buy or sell handgun and the antis would've wet themselves in glee.
There are Canadian gun collectors and enthusiasts who still own full-auto as well, because they never wanted to pay them out either. The so-called assault weapon "buy-back" has been a complete disaster as well.
The assault style buyback will be dragged out until the next writ is dropped and then used as wedge against the CPC ("we wanted to make Canada safer, but the gun lobby supported Conservatives stood in our way"). The price tag is too high and could result in a confidence vote when the cost is compared to other big ticket items the NDP wants from Trudeau.
If gun owners are lucky this will be undone by a future government, but that also never seems to actually happen.
Not a chance unless the CPC win a majority. And then, it might cost them a second term as we all know gun violence won't decrease and we also know who will be blamed for that.

This all leaves me with a few questions such as
1) does this impact antique handguns
2) does this impact 12.6 owners (i.e. could hypothetically 12.6 owners buy and sell 12.6 firearms amongst themselves?)

If they ban all handguns now, it takes away a potential election promise next time.
"Despite our freeze on (lawful) purchases, imports, and transfers of handguns, criminal use of handguns continues to be a problem across the country. If we're re-elected, we will ban all handguns."

But I am surprised they allowed pending transfers to go through. That would've been an ideal BOHICA to licensees waiting to buy or sell handgun and the antis would've wet themselves in glee.

The assault style buyback will be dragged out until the next writ is dropped and then used as wedge against the CPC ("we wanted to make Canada safer, but the gun lobby supported Conservatives stood in our way"). The price tag is too high and could result in a confidence vote when the cost is compared to other big ticket items the NDP wants from Trudeau.

Not a chance unless the CPC win a majority. And then, it might cost them a second term as we all know gun violence won't decrease and we also know who will be blamed for that.
I bet if they had banned the already started transfers they would have opened themselves up to lawsuits both on the government failing to due their duty in a reasonable timeframe (I am still waiting on a Webley revolver I purchased several months ago), and from people with the issue of refunds/failing to purchase.

It's almost like the Liberal government wants to push people towards extremism.
Nah.

I think that they believe that the only people that want guns are the extremists.

More so, it’s a winning issue for them. A solid chunk of voting Canadians think guns are bad. And they’ll use that against the CPC if they make it a campaign issue.

Nah.

I think that they believe that the only people that want guns are the extremists.
The CCFR ran a very good campaign highlighting the multitude of different people (read not just white males) who are gun owners in Canada.
They just didn't have the numbers to mean anything.

The government absolutely benefits from pushing people towards extremism. They were practically begging for it during the "nazi's everywhere!" trucker protest. They want those morons out with their flags and signs. They want scared Canadians. Because scared people give up their rights (and common snese) for security. Can't have security issues to be afraid of without threats to security.

More so, it’s a winning issue for them. A solid chunk of voting Canadians think guns are bad. And they’ll use that against the CPC if they make it a campaign issue.
Totally agree brother. Winning issue for them.

Back