• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

RCMP commissioner pressures investigating officers to release information for political reasons, namely to support pending gun control legislation.

It sounds like she approached her people like a real asshole too.

Professional RCMP officers refuse.

I'm sure this totally wasn't one of the reasons for the RCMP and government to try and stop the inquiry from taking place.

[insert expletive here] unbelievable! To add to this, I had a conversation with a senior member of the RCMP at a dinner party, who was telling everyone that Gabriel Wortman used "legal" guns in his killing spree. I challenged him on this, and he threw out the "your just a civilian without the facts" argument in an attempt to shut me up. So, it would appear the RCMP at senior levels is deliberately obfuscating the facts to support a political aim. Politics before facts seems to be the rule at the RCMP.
FYI the Commissioner of the RCMP has been a political pawn for decades. It started many years ago with Norman Inkster.

The ordinary constables I have no issues with. It is the opportunists and b@glickers like the current Commissioner I have issues with.

The civilian gentleman - can't remember his name - who ran the RCMP for a bit was not well regarded by the police - but they had issues trying to find a uniformed officer to fill the role.

FYI the Commissioner of the RCMP has been a political pawn for decades. It started many years ago with Norman Inkster.

The ordinary constables I have no issues with. It is the opportunists and b@glickers like the current Commissioner I have issues with.

The civilian gentleman - can't remember his name - who ran the RCMP for a bit was not well regarded by the police - but they had issues trying to find a uniformed officer to fill the role.
William Elliot. Different kindve awful,

Honestly any career Ottawa person, from any agency or federal government job would be the same. I await any proof to the contrary.

Agreed but there are bureaucrats in the works that need to either do their jobs properly or resign.
I agree with you before I say this but- do they actually need to? Or are they actually incentivized to do the opposite- there are virtually zero repercussions for not doing their jobs or in some cases there are actually bonuses to pursuing their own political causes.

I read in the paper this morning that the Commissioner of the RCMP was "upset" over the decision not to release the types of weapons used in the Portapique massacre. The Staff Sergeant stood his ground and defended that decision - good for him.

"Upset" in my mind meant the Commissioner was yelling, making veiled threats etc - but that is just me reading between the lines.

Add to the JWR debacle, the WE thing etc - how much more BS do we have to put up with?

The Liberal's "let's kill handgun sport shooting and legal handgun ownership" Bill C-21 passed second reading yesterday. It now goes for committee study. Many are waiting to see how the definition of "authorized high performance sport shooting athletes" will be articulated, as they are the only citizens who will be allowed to legally own handguns in the future.

The house has risen until September when the Bill will probably very quickly go to third reading and be passed into law. Somewhere between now and then the Liberals are expected to issue their anticipated OIC to "freeze" (ban) lawful handgun purchases, sales and transfers.

How do you become a sport shooting athlete without passing through various stages starting with "buy a handgun and become a sport shooting neophyte"?
You don't, which causes the shooting sports to die off.

So, I can keep my guns for now. What happens if my gun breaks? Will I be allowed to purchase/import repair or replacement parts? C-21 is silent in that regard. But if the May 2020 OIC is any indication, importation of handgun parts will probably be prohibited as were AR parts.

You don't, which causes the shooting sports to die off.

So, I can keep my guns for now. What happens if my gun breaks? Will I be allowed to purchase/import repair or replacement parts? C-21 is silent in that regard. But if the May 2020 OIC is any indication, importation of handgun parts will probably be prohibited as were AR parts.
It's obvious the intention is to slowly bleed the gun industry and firearms ownership to death.

How do you become a sport shooting athlete without passing through various stages starting with "buy a handgun and become a sport shooting neophyte"?
Fudd thoughts:
How do you become an Olympic bobsledder without buying a bobsled and building your own track?
How do you try skiing/snowboarding/paintball/ etc etc etc without buying all the gear up front?

There's enough reasons to be against this without going full informercial to manufacture one.

I suppose you start with a toboggan and hill and move on from there, toboggans and hills not being banned. Etc.

The whole point is that there's a spectrum for almost any recreation or pastime ranging from "beginner" to "geek", usually not impeded by overbearing governments saying "Well, if you make it this far, we have an exception for you".

The whole point is that there's a spectrum for almost any recreation or pastime ranging from "beginner" to "geek", usually not impeded by overbearing governments saying "Well, if you make it this far, we have an exception for you".
Except that, in less than one generation, nobody will "make it this far" ever again.

There's going to be tons of handguns and prohibited firearms that go missing when people die.

Back