• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

I did enjoy the question about the new registry from Calibre magazine. Minister Mendicino responded by crediting the old registry for tracking down Polytechniqie shooter Marc Lepine. This was despite the facts that Lepine killed himself at the scene, making him easy to find, and that the long gun registry would not be created for another nine years.

Oops!

I did enjoy the question about the new registry from Calibre magazine. Minister Mendicino responded by crediting the old registry for tracking down Polytechniqie shooter Marc Lepine. This was despite the facts that Lepine killed himself at the scene, making him easy to find, and that the long gun registry would not be created for another nine years.

Oops!
But people will accept that.

The fact the Europeans brought guns to North America seems to be overlooked. Firearm hunting in the Americas was pioneered by Europeans— not indigenous.

Also PET was the weasel who removed the firearms rights provisions of the BNA with his ‘charter of rights and freedoms’ no shock the rotten apple didn’t fall far.
Including property rights also. The whole clan needs their genome bleached.

A hint of what they are after.

"In the wake of a horrific mass shooting at an elementary school in Texas, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has signalled that the Canadian government will be moving ahead on new gun-control measures "in the coming weeks.""

More at link

He's such a ghoul. Patiently waits for bodies to appear to get a few bites in.
If we look at Canadian data he’s not tracking anything relevant to us. I don’t understand why it’s successful for Canadian politicians to use American events in the absence of an issue.

We are already miles away from Texas on gun control- how would
We ever make useful connections in policy?

If we look at Canadian data he’s not tracking anything relevant to us. I don’t understand why it’s successful for Canadian politicians to use American events in the absence of an issue.

Votes, that's all he cares about and the hopes the CPC impales itself while fighting the gun control issue. I rather the CPC not talk about specifics, other than "We will be using a rational fact based approach to gun control that is in line with Canadian law and culture. While focusing on the real issues of gang violence and gun smuggling from abroad"

You're new to the gun control debate in Canada, right?

Sound policy doesn't matter.
Results don't matter.
Evidence based governance doesn't matter.

Only votes matter.

And the Liberals manage to convince the GTA that the CPC "backed by the Canadian NRA" is out to allow machine guns in every neighbourhood and permit concealed carry in churches.

And, it works!

Every damned time.

Last edited:
According to the CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handguns-liberal-bill-1.6470554

The legislation, if passed, would also require magazines for long guns to be changed so they can't carry any more than five rounds. Sales of larger magazines would be banned.
Which I thought was already in place.

Of course it has this statement which drives me crazy:

"We recognize that the vast majority of gun owners use them safely, and in accordance with the law," Trudeau said.

"But other than using firearms for sport shooting and for hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives."

There's a number of rifles which can use pistol magazines technically giving someone a loophole to gasp use 10 round magazines instead of 5.

Also Lee Enfields and Garands. Although I am unsure if the enbloc clip is caught in this.

From CCFR General Counsel Michael Loberg.

They are:

1. Freezing all buying, selling, imports and transfers of handguns. Trudeau says "The market for handguns in Canada is closed."

2. They are freezing handgun transfers immediately by OIC
(timing unclear but this can be fact).

2. Capping all long gun magazines at 5 rounds.

3. Domestic violence measure: Restraining Orders automatically revoke Firearm Licences.

4. Prior bans will be expanded to include new types of similar guns.

5. "Buyback" will happen this year.

6. The prior bans will be the subject of an amendment to this Bill.

5. All airgun replicas are being prohibited.

Back