• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Great time to invest in real estate if you live in Carleton Place or anywhere in Renfrew or lanark as im pretty sure Ottawa will get on the handgun ban and some people will look to move lol.

Remius said:
Great time to invest in real estate if you live in Carleton Place or anywhere in Renfrew or lanark as im pretty sure Ottawa will get on the handgun ban and Somme people will look to move lol.

Let's split on some land. We can be conservative & liberal land lords and make a reality tv show about it :)

News article is saying most guns are around $1500. Sure. Mine are between $2700-$3300 a pop. Just seen some atrs rifles for $4500-$5500. I think the Liberals are purposefully lowballing the cost estimate.

Do gun buy back programs take into account accessories? Optics? $2500 elcan spectre and $1600 acog would be pretty silly on a bolt action "hunting" rifle and essentially useless on most guns that will be permitted I'd guess.

There's around 4500 firearm businesses, about 2200 of them I believe are ammo only. Lots of these businesses cator to tactical shooting (not to mention all the gear and kit businesses).
Banning semi autos and probably pistols is going to cost a lot of jobs. Probably hundreds of millions in revenue too. Think there's a plan for that?

How many jobs was Trudeau talking about saying for the snc bs?

Jarnhamar said:
Let's split on some land. We can be conservative & liberal land lords and make a reality tv show about it :)

News article is saying most guns are around $1500. Sure. Mine are between $2700-$3300 a pop. Just seen some atrs rifles for $4500-$5500. I think the Liberals are purposefully lowballing the cost estimate.

Do gun buy back programs take into account accessories? Optics? $2500 elcan spectre and $1600 acog would be pretty silly on a bolt action "hunting" rifle and essentially useless on most guns that will be permitted I'd guess.

There's around 4500 firearm businesses, about 2200 of them I believe are ammo only. Lots of these businesses cator to tactical shooting (not to mention all the gear and kit businesses).
Banning semi autos and probably pistols is going to cost a lot of jobs. Probably hundreds of millions in revenue too. Think there's a plan for that?

Meh I’m more of a red Tory rather than a liberal.  But a love it or list it type show might get some traction...

To be honest I don’t support the liberal gun law plan.  But it isn’t an issue that will sway me one way or another. 

My riding is currently Blue but has a real chance of going red.  Last time it was about a 1400 vote difference.  Like I said I want a weak LPC minority in order to usher in change in The CPC.  Means I might have to pull an Alpharius (I’m pretty sure you are the only one here who might get that reference).

Jarnhamar said:

I feel you're pain, I stand to lose close to 40 firearms, including prohibits. You won't get top dollar that's for sure.

Only the Lower.
Only the trigger assembly for my handguns?

Basically the bare minimum I can surrender... and hope for laws to change. Screw giving them everything I bought for free. I'll keep all my accessories and if the Laws do not change, I will move.

I hear they need railroaders bad down south ;)
Abdullah

The proposal also includes pledges to create a buy-back program for all legally purchased assault rifles and a two-year amnesty while the program is being set up.

As someone pointed out in the election thread, I'm sure glad that they are going to leave all the illegally owned guns alone.  ::)

What’s his plan to deal with these upstanding citizens: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/someone-found-a-loaded-shotgun-stuffed-in-a-duffle-bag-in-kelowna-1.4603475

milnews.ca said:
Cross-posted this to the Election 2019 thread so the politics can be discussed there, and the mechanics of the proposals here.
How'd that work for you?  :pop:

Remius said:
Great time to invest in real estate if you live in Carleton Place or anywhere in Renfrew or lanark as im pretty sure Ottawa will get on the handgun ban and some people will look to move lol.
  No municipality is safe from the possibility of a ban.  Cities, townships, counties and probably even provinces will be empowered to enact bans.  There could be nowhere in Canada for legal handgun owners to hide.

And for those wondering what "assault" rifles will be banned, look at Part 2 of this schedule to see what, at a minimum, will be immediately banned.  Then add in every semi auto rifle of any calibre that meets the to be published post election CC definition of "assault rifle".  Lastly, it would be wise to expect that semi-automatic and possibly pump shotguns are tossed in there, too.

Haggis said:
  No municipality is safe from the possibility of a ban.  Cities, townships, counties and probably even provinces will be empowered to enact bans.  There could be nowhere in Canada for legal handgun owners to hide.

And for those wondering what "assault" rifles will be banned, look at Part 2 of this schedule to see what, at a minimum, will be immediately banned.  Then add in every semi auto rifle of any calibre that meets the to be published post election CC definition of "assault rifle".  Lastly, it would be wise to expect that semi-automatic and possibly pump shotguns are tossed in there, too.

From there it would go to bolt and lever guns that hold more than 7 rounds, and rimfires that hold more than 11, like the deadly Cooey M60.....
Say goodbye to your duck gun and trusty Rem 760.

Here's New Zealand's list...

https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2019-go2786

There's even parts and accessories listed...

Jonezy76 said:
From there it would go to bolt and lever guns that hold more than 7 rounds, and rimfires that hold more than 11, like the deadly Cooey M60.....
Say goodbye to your duck gun and trusty Rem 760.

Here's New Zealand's list...

https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2019-go2786

There's even parts and accessories listed...

Ever seen the video of new Zealand police going to a gun owners house "just to talk" but refuse to talk to the owner unless he stops recording them? Nothing shady about that.

Last I heard they had about 700 guns turned in out of an estimated 1 million.

[quote author=Remius]Means I might have to pull an Alpharius (I’m pretty sure you are the only one here who might get that reference).
[/quote]

Unique and great example!
(minus their plan being to end humanity quicker and all)  ;D

Jarnhamar said:
Ever seen the video of new Zealand police going to a gun owners house "just to talk" but refuse to talk to the owner unless he stops recording them? Nothing shady about that.

Last I heard they had about 700 guns turned in out of an estimated 1 million.

Here’s a thought: When gun owning people have to renew drivers licenses, register a car or business, transfer title of a house, apply for a passport, receive a tax refund, enrol in school and the like, then the guns will be turned in or those people do not pass “go”.

Fight this one people, there’s much more at stake here than guns and ammo. 

Cloud Cover said:
Here’s a thought: When gun owning people have to renew drivers licenses, register a car or business, transfer title of a house, apply for a passport, receive a tax refund, enrol in school and the like, then the guns will be turned in or those people do not pass “go”.

Right on Cloud Cover; there is a lot more at stake than guns and ammo. There is essential basic freedom an protection from bureaucratic zealots and possibly unethical and criminal politicians. 

If this goes through, what will be super fun to watch is when the few remaining private ranges left in Canada  (no shooting sports= no ranges) refuse to rent to police forces (why would you rent to the people putting you out of business?) and the police leadership in most municipalities suddenly realize that they have no place to qualify or maintain their members on firearms currency.

This is a travesty that everytime the Liberal Party in Canada gets themselves in trouble, lawful gunowners become the distraction.

Cloud Cover said:

Cloud Cover: sorry- I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Can you try again for a simpleton, such as myself?

I think he's implying that the next step is to tie surrender to one's official documents.

Basically criminalize over a million previously law abiding citizens of Canada?

I could see them sinking that low.

Back