• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

I’m constantly amazed at the stupidity of Canadian Gun Laws, this one is no different.

Handguns have been restricted and registered in Canada since 1935, guess how many crimes have occurred with Legally owned handguns in Canada…

I cry for you folks.

I’m constantly amazed at the stupidity of Canadian Gun Laws, this one is no different.

Handguns have been restricted and registered in Canada since 1935, guess how many crimes have occurred with Legally owned handguns in Canada…

I cry for you folks.

I see a silver lining here. Those magazine restrictions will really impact the Fudd community. This might just be enough to swing them.

I expect that just an optimistic idiot.

I’m sure they had this all drafted up ready to go just waiting for the next shooting.

But this is the Canada this country voted for so…

Between the EA invocation and this, arguing that the LPC/NDP is how we preserve civil liberties in Canada has become a difficult sell.
The one scary thing is that (as far as I know) neither leader of either party has ever once stated that preserving or protecting freedom is a goal of theirs.

Like not even a secondary goal, or a tertiary goal.

Between previous attempts to pass additional gun control legislation, trying to pass Bill C-11 (I believe that was it anyway) on regulating what content Canadians can access online, this gun control legislation, and a ton of other sneaky moves….

Regardless of whether I like either party or not, preserving freedom is NOT something I think people will associate them with.

So a persons handguns are theirs until they die and then you can turn them into the police?

A 10 rd "pistol" magazine is still a "pistol" magazine though right you just cant use it?

I’m sure they had this all drafted up ready to go just waiting for the next shooting.

But this is the Canada this country voted for so…
But it isn’t…

I mean it is, you’re right. I’m not arguing your statement at all.

But I don’t know a single person, regardless of where they are in the country, that doesn’t think JT is a joke. (And that’s probably the nicest thing I’ve heard said about him.)

How he got re-elected beats me… my sock could have done better than either of the other parties did

So a persons handguns are theirs until they die and then you can turn them into the police?

A 10 rd "pistol" magazine is still a "pistol" magazine though right you just cant use it?

That magazine restriction affects all long guns too.

Don't forget this gem. Filed under "because Trudeau cares" from Feb 2021

LILLEY: Trudeau reduces sentence for serious gun crimes

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised to crack down on gun crime, then on Thursday his government introduced legislation to reduce sentences for serious gun crimes including weapons trafficking and importing.

The Liberals are getting rid of a series of mandatory minimum sentences even for people convicted multiple times of gun offences.

Yes but its not a long gun magazine until its inserted into a long gun correct?
It's manufactured as a pistol magazine and under the law pistol magazines are limited to 10 rounds.

Using a 10 round pistol magazine in a rifle was a loophole but they can just wordsmith shit to close that loop.

For example a .50 Beowolf magazine could fit 5x .50 Beowolf bullets (I think). It could also fit 15x 5.56mm bullets. People got away with using them for a while but then the gov and RCMP somehow had that loophole closed. Maybe something about not using bullets not intended for a magazine or something.

55i14yk4o5gx.jpg

It's manufactured as a pistol magazine and under the law pistol magazines are limited to 10 rounds.

Using a 10 round pistol magazine in a rifle was a loophole but they can just wordsmith shit to close that loop.

For example a .50 Beowolf magazine could fit 5x .50 Beowolf bullets (I think). It could also fit 15x 5.56mm bullets. People got away with using them for a while but then the gov and RCMP somehow had that loophole closed. Maybe something about not using bullets not intended for a magazine or something.

View attachment 71110
Yeah so probably a paperweight now
Enfields, Garands, Levers, Shotguns ect dont have that choice.
probably a lot more banned firearms coming

Don't forget this gem. Filed under "because Trudeau cares" from Feb 2021

LILLEY: Trudeau reduces sentence for serious gun crimes

This is super important in my opinion. Where I am I deal with an astronomical amount of gun crime from gang bangers. They don’t go to jail On firearms offences. And when they do it’s a couple months. Until they commit a VIOLENT crime.

Like hanging a rival gang member and bleeding them out. Then they get a couple years.

But the firearms offences net me basically zero unless it’s in conjunction with something else.

So how are these laws impacting Canadian safety? It’s just impacting Canadians as far as I can tell in a practical and anecdotal way,

I don’t care for firearms much. But I am not concerned with my friends and family having them.

It’s very weird

This is super important in my opinion. Where I am I deal with an astronomical amount of gun crime from gang bangers. They don’t go to jail On firearms offences. And when they do it’s a couple months. Until they commit a VIOLENT crime.

Like hanging a rival gang member and bleeding them out. Then they get a couple years.

But the firearms offences net me basically zero unless it’s in conjunction with something else.

So how are these laws impacting Canadian safety? It’s just impacting Canadians as far as I can tell in a practical and anecdotal way,

I don’t care for firearms much. But I am not concerned with my friends and family having them.

It’s very weird

It's not that weird when you look it at as an extension of our polarization. If gun ownership was big in the Liberal party they wouldn't propose such stupidity.

This is isn't legislation for a safer Canada this is legislation to attack the other politcal side.

It's not that weird when you look it at as an extension of our polarization. If gun ownership was big in the Liberal party they wouldn't propose such stupidity.

This is isn't legislation for a safer Canada this is legislation to attack the other politcal side.
I suppose. If you want safer Canadians, keep the ones abusing vulnerable people away from them.

Maybe if they were doing tough laws AND this it wouldn’t seem so hollow.

I suppose. If you want safer Canadians, keep the ones abusing vulnerable people away from them.

Maybe if they were doing tough laws AND this it wouldn’t seem so hollow.
But if Canada was safe, how could he fear-monger voters…

Back