• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

EpicBeardedMan said:
Hey all,

Just switched over to combat engineer from NESOP and leave in a couple weeks for Gagetown. Was wondering how the shacks are and what PAT life is like over there. My chief at fleet school said combat arms trades have to live in shacks for 4 years, wanted to confirm if that was true or not.

I keep hearing things about the sapper indoc on the course and its making me nervous, haha.

Thanks,

Ebm.

Never heard about the 4 year rule.......

Eye In The Sky said:
Alot of people don't like Gtown;  I always have and will.

There was new shacks going up, but not sure if troops are in them yet. 

Maybe NLFD Sapper or someone will be by and can say where the CFSME troops are currently staying.

Hope you're doing pushups, chin ups and situps (or whatever the Engr's are doing these days to beast improve their new troops PT.  >:D

PAT's for the most part are staying in the H-Lines with either 4, 6 or 8 per room IIRC. More than likely you will be tasked out as needed.

While on course you will be again in the H-lines, and CB'ed for the first 4 weeks IIRC in which you will work on kit and quarters in addition to all the normal course material

EITS, the new shacks vary on who stays there... generally those on basic and intermediate trades courses will not stay there.... I stayed there on my 6A's and as incremental staff...

Yeah i think it was the chiefs way of trying to scare me. I know its going to be way different from Navy life obviously but thats the reason i chose it.. I started doing crossfit a month ago to get back in shape, was hoping id have time on pat to workout and do my thing before course. I wont give up regardless even if im throwing up and running.

Ebm.

Be ready for lots of "picking (heavy) stuff up and putting it down"

;D

NFLD Sapper said:

;D

Ah.....Easy smeesy.....the killer is all the time in between the two actions..... ;D

GAP said:
Ah.....Easy smeesy.....the killer is all the time in between the two actions..... ;D

Depends how long it takes them to get the 5km loop done.  8)

NFLD Sapper said:

;D

Haha yeah I was told to expect a lot of confirmation of combat knowledge on the course.  ^-^

The best thing about Gagetown is that Fredericton is only 15 miles away....

Pusser said:

That's not much of a selling point.........

Do they let you pick where you get posted or is it a "you can suggest where you want to go" thing.  Also wanted to know the difference between being in 1 or 2 CER or 4 ESR when it comes to duties.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Do they let you pick where you get posted

Yes, actually the Career Manager invites you to his house, and following a 7 course meal, you will discuss your posting over a cigar and brandy.  ;D

(I wasn't sure if that was actually a serious question from someone who is a VOT...)

EpicBeardedMan said:
Do they let you pick where you get posted or is it a "you can suggest where you want to go" thing.  Also wanted to know the difference between being in 1 or 2 CER or 4 ESR when it comes to duties.

Well for 4 ESR its Eat Sleep and Rest.......

Seriously 4 ESR is busier than a one legged man at an a$s kicking contest as they support the whole CTC wrt Engineer tasks.....

CDN Aviator said:
That's not much of a selling point.........

Everything is relative.  Even an outhouse can be appealing - if you're being chased by an angry, hungry bear.

Hey guys I'm in the same boat as the op does any 1 have any info on getting to base from moncton i tried acadian buslines but they are on strike or some shit so no dice also any links to a map of the base preferably with CFSME buildings labelled and a contact number for RQSS. yes i have tried searching Google and found nothing also my releasing unit is useless and hasn't told me anything. also any more info about pat life and the first month or so of the course like course content
thanks

btwnthe00 said:
Hey guys I'm in the same boat as the op does any 1 have any info on getting to base from moncton i tried acadian buslines but they are on strike or some crap so no dice also any links to a map of the base preferably with CFSME buildings labelled and a contact number for RQSS. yes i have tried searching Google and found nothing also my releasing unit is useless and hasn't told me anything. also any more info about pat life and the first month or so of the course like course content
thanks

CDN Aviator said:
Building J-10, right by the parade square.

Can't miss it....only one with a Dozer sitting in the front yard.....

Pusser said:

I remember there being a lot of single young females. The great part was that lots of them actually wanted to talk to me, but the bad part was that they live in New Brunswick.

In my opinion...Gagetown: great to visit, I'll go any day of the week. With that said, wouldn't want to live there. Thankfully there seem to be lots of good old east coasters that jump at postings there. At least from what I have seen.

Back