• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The First Sign of Canadian Spring....rrrrrrroll up the rrrrrrrrim (merged topic)

NFLD Sapper said:

LMAO; I just came in to update mine to same ( 0 - 12 ); Darrell just called and is on his way home to take me shopping - I'm driving ... in downtown Montreal. I'll stop for another coffee in St Hubert before to calm my nerves for the traffic as I still can't deal with that well. When he called, he informed me that he won a donut this morning on his way to work. He's now 1 - 1, the asshole.  :mad:

ArmyVern said:
LMAO; I just came in to update mine to same ( 0 - 12 ); Darrell just called and is on his way home to take me shopping - I'm driving ... in downtown Montreal. I'll stop for another coffee in St Hubert before to calm my nerves for the traffic as I still can't deal with that well. When he called, he informed me that he won a donut this morning on his way to work. He's now 1 - 1, the *******.  :mad:

0-14 ...

this is getting serious.......

Thieves stealing Roll Up the Rim cups
By Doug Hempstead, QMI Agency
Article Link

OTTAWA — There's stealing to support your addiction, and then there's this -- sneaking off with ill-gotten Roll Up the Rim cups from Tim Hortons.

It's really happening.

Some Tim Hortons locations are found inside Esso gas bars -- little self-serve counters where brown beverage lovers pour their own coffee, add their own fixins.

Under the promise of anonymity -- because Esso staff aren't allowed to speak to reporters -- a manager at a west-end Ottawa location explained why the cups weren't in their usual location but rather safely stashed behind the main cash counter.

Not only are people "double and triple-cupping" their drinks, but in some cases, they're walking out with entire sleeves of cups.

"They distract the cashier and then walk out with them," she said on Friday. "It's one of the most popular games in Canada, I think."

She described patrons' passionate attraction to the twice-a-year contest like "that character from Lord of the Rings who says My Precious, My Precious."

She's referring to Gollum.

The manager said someone recently tried to pry open the door to their storeroom and figures boxes of virgin Roll Up The Rim cups were the likely target.

She said she's not the first manager to take the approach of hiding the cups, in fact she got the idea from one of her colleagues.

It's also not the first, or most depressing, example of rim theft.

In April 2010, someone broke into a Chatham, Ont., home through a screen door and made off with three Roll Up The Rim winning cups -- in broad daylight, around 10 a.m.

Cops were quoted in the local paper saying, "This criminal must have needed a coffee in a really bad way to risk going to jail."

Indeed.

The manager here points out her store has cameras in place as theft protection and said the cups themselves are expensive -- considerably more than their liquidy innards.

The odds of winning one of the 47 million prizes hiding under a rim is one in six, according to Tim Hortons.
More on link

Got my first win of the year down in Ft Knox, KY of all places. Free coffee. :D

0-4  So far :'(
According to their promotional literature I only have to buy 2 more for a winner.....

BernDawg said:
According to their promotional literature I only have to buy 2 more for a winner.....

Well look how long it took me to win something .....

BernDawg said:
No, it doesn't.  People misinterpret what "1 in 6" means.  Every time you buy a coffee, that's a 1 in 6 chance.  You've purchased 4, and lost on each one.  Chances are you will lose out on the next two as well, because the odds haven't changed to 1 in 2 chances to win.

Even at those odds  1 in 2 I'd still suck.  No winners yet.  :mad:

Back