• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The CSOR Acronym Thread, split from Re: Tan berets and other CSOR fashions

Status
Not open for further replies.

painswessex

Inactive
Reaction score
Michael Dorosh said:
CSOR?

Sea-Sore?

She sells Sea-Sore by the Sea-Shore?

Who picks these names?

and this is why the CO dosnt want us in the regiment to call it CSOR.

painswessex said:
and this is why the CO dosnt want us in the regiment to call it CSOR.
But apparently the CDS has already determined that it shall be named CSOR. Is it really going to be the only thing in the CF that the acronym is NOT used for? I highly doubt it.
Perhaps the CO should then attempt to have the name changed much like the CRAP party of old did when they determind the implications of their own acronym. In proper military writing, ie the memorandum, the acronym shall be used. They'll also have to amend the "Military Writing Manual" to comply with the COs request in this instance I guess.  ::) and the Regulations on use of abbreviations and the CDS' very own CANFORGENs and other correspondace that call it CSOR.

Given that its name was specifically changed from JATF to CSOR.....I think it will continue to be called the CSOR. 

All acronyms get called by a phonic name if there's something that goes smoothly...1 CAD (which still had not had a Ministerial Order to formally change its abbreviation from 1 CAD to 1 Cdn Air Div), MAR-COM (not Em-Ay-Arrr-See-Oh-Em), etc...  In fact, many of us have heard Comd CANSOFCOM and other gents up the chain pronounce the abbreviation "SEE-SOAR"...thus, I have a hunch it will be pronounced "SEE-SOAR" by a lot of people...  (much like I'm betting 427's contraction will be pronounced "SO-ASS", or perhaps "SOSE")

Cheers,
Duey

Armymedic said:

Why roll your eyes? Do you have a problem with me? if it offends you that i am in the regiment let me know and i wont talk about it.

enough already,

We know you are in "The Regiment".  No need to give him the regimental death touch quite yet...

Are there any posts that you have that does not contain the words "The Regiment" ?

dileas

tess

Yes, those acronyms can get pretty entertaining.

Commonwealth Air Training Plan

Gotta love THAT one.

painswessex said:
Why roll your eyes? Do you have a problem with me? if it offends you that i am in the regiment let me know and i wont talk about it.

I have no problem with anyone earning a position in the CSOR, its you're spouting off here like you are the CO's personal confidant that annoys me.

Tell us, what posn is it you are filling in "The Regiment"?

Sword Master in the Ninja Hand of Death cadre, perhaps?  :warstory:

painswessex said:

Judging on your use of the term/phrase " the regiment" tells me you have little experience in the CF.  To those of us who knew of and served in the Canaadian Airborne Regiment, the term "the regiment" originated from that and not CSOR. 

My advice to you, is start calling it by its intended name and not one that signifies a past history, that the CSOR does yet have or earned.  I know quite confidently that my brothers in arms will agree with me.

Given time and experience, eventually the CSOR will most likely be given a respectful position within the CF and its members.  All of those who will eventually make their way there, and "earn" their place among its ranks will with no doubt be fine soldiers.  But for you to blatently ignore the history of a once fine unit that earned the term "the regiment" and replace their name in place of another new unit is simply disrespectful.

Whenever I hear someone say "the regiment" its usually followed by some idiotic story about deploying to the Gore area in Kingston or setting up the "divisional HQ" on the parade square... shudder...

or how about this one "you're not a real radop unless you served at the regiment."  ::)

signalsguy said:
or how about this one "you're not a real radop unless you served at the regiment."  ::)

If that were the case, I would never want to be a real SigOp...I hope to avoid that particular "Regiment"

Oh, you mean The Regiment. Farley Mowat's tale of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment in the Second World War. Fine book. Available at Amazon.ca  ;)

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0771066945/qid=1138497166/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_0_2/701-0051279-2516347

No, No, No!
nono.gif
We always call our regiment "The Regiment" ;)

So Painswessex, what were the tests like that you had to do to get into "The Regiment"? Just so the rest of the people joining for Operator positions know what to expect. BTW, does the Col need a driver? I don't want to do any testing or anything, just drive the car. Can you put in a word for me? Your tight, right? Jus' kiddin' ;)

recceguy said:
So Painswessex, what were the tests like that you had to do to get into "The Regiment"?

He can say "no we dont have any" but in an "elite" way ?

aesop081 said:
He can say "no we dont have any" but in an "elite" way ?

Now that is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

Tracker 23A said:
Judging on your use of the term/phrase " the regiment" tells me you have little experience in the CF.  To those of us who knew of and served in the Canaadian Airborne Regiment, the term "the regiment" originated from that and not CSOR. 

Oh? Did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back