• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Cdn. Military Police - Time - Date - Place - I Was - I Saw - I Did

FastEddy

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
This is a Area where Questions pertaining to Procedures, Training, Duties, Standards & Requirements and General Information Both Military & Civilian can be answered and discused.

Keep in mind some of our precedures should not be discussed in an open forum. 

FastEddy said:
MP 811 said:

10-4 on that MP 811

Well heres a interesting senario for a solution or discussion.

Its in three parts  1=Confrontation  2=Solution  3=Conclusion

Two young MP L/Cpls are returning to Canada after their tour of Duty in Europe in a small mixed draft of Corps and Services on a Civilian Cruise Ship. One L/Cpl is berthed in with two RCE Sgts, the other with two Infantry Pte.s.
Halfway through the voyage on returning to his cabin late one night and finding his Infantry Bunkmates (apparently) asleep.
Two quite large (and drunken) Infantry Pte.s brust into his cabin and stated that they are going to kick the living crap out of him because of his past official dealings with a loveable member of their Regiment.
The two sleeping Infantry Pte.s (of the same Regt. now feinting sleep).
The two antagonists now started poking and pushing the MP L/Cpl to the rear of the cabin and blocking his path to the door.

HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE OR GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION.

FastEddy said:
FastEddy said:
MP 811 said:

10-4 on that MP 811

Well heres a interesting senario for a solution or discussion.

Its in three parts  1=Confrontation  2=Solution  3=Conclusion

Two young MP L/Cpls are returning to Canada after their tour of Duty in Europe in a small mixed draft of Corps and Services on a Civilian Cruise Ship. One L/Cpl is berthed in with two RCE Sgts, the other with two Infantry Pte.s.
Halfway through the voyage on returning to his cabin late one night and finding his Infantry Bunkmates (apparently) asleep.
Two quite large (and drunken) Infantry Pte.s brust into his cabin and stated that they are going to kick the living crap out of him because of his past official dealings with a loveable member of their Regiment.
The two sleeping Infantry Pte.s (of the same Regt. now feinting sleep).
The two antagonists now started poking and pushing the MP L/Cpl to the rear of the cabin and blocking his path to the door.

HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE OR GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION.

I have no idea which manual you cribbed that out of but be advised, we no longer have Lance Corporals in the Canadian Army, nor do we have Corps and Services (we do have the RCIC and RCAC but all the others are now called Branches), and the RCE was renamed during Unification to become Canadian Military Engineers.

On top of that-

That has to be some of the worst english I've ever had the misfortune of reading in my life. I sure hope your notebook , and court docs are more cohesive and intelligible.

;D :p

It's always the Infantry's fault, eh?

Well the Artillery is much too dignified to be in a drunken brawl and the Armoured guys are too fat to scrap. ;D
So that leaves it up to..oowwww  stop it  @#$%  get off me, Franko... Yea, "Slim" my *&*..... :blotto:

Infanteer said:
It's always the Infantry's fault, eh?

My appologies to the Infantry and Infanteer (no inference intended), but the the persons involved were all from the same Infantry Regt.
As to the use of Ranks, Corps etc., the incident took place in 1957 and the Provost Corps was also refered to as the MP or i.e the "MP.s are coming".
For our Expert on the use of the English language, please submit the same incident and facts in the correct English. I'm sure we all would like to see how its done.

A military policeman was returning home from europe with some other soldiers from a tour of duty in Europe. During the cruise some intoxicated infanteers picked a fight with the policeman because of past dealings with some members of their regiment.
During the altercation the policeman was pushed and poked to the back of the room and had his exit blocked.

As for your facts "Eddie" I have a hard time believing a policeman of "10 years" would include so much extraneous information and use possibly the worst possible wording for a 3 sentence incident. Im not an english expert but I know you started by explaing an incident and then finished with a question. Which makes for an awkward read. On top of that you state that the "incident" is in 3 parts.....but spell it out in one paragraph....and you don't touch on the "solution or conclusion".

I wont get into the fact that 5 of the characters in your "incident" have no part. The 2 Sgt's do nothing, the other military policeman does nothing, and the other 2 Pte's pretend to sleep. Why even mention them?

I was kidding around but if you want measure wangs we can get into it Im sure.

LOL...........Eddy, you should have picked something easy..........................how's this;

One day, at band camp.............................carry on!

LOL

Here's how a scenario involving the Artillery, in time of war, would go: 2 Bombardiers were lost, but making good time, on their way to the front lines. From their gun lines (which they were about to abandon), on the way to the FEBA, they had to go past the CANEX......

Just kidding, all you arty guys. I figured if the infantry and armour guys always get ribbed, why not the arty. BTW, doesn't UBIQUE really mean "All over the place".

Al :tank:

RopeTech said:
A military policeman was returning home from europe with some other soldiers from a tour of duty in Europe. During the cruise some intoxicated infanteers picked a fight with the policeman because of past dealings with some members of their regiment.
During the altercation the policeman was pushed and poked to the back of the room and had his exit blocked.

Well done RopeTech, very concise.

The abundance of additional information was interjected by design, which would come to light during the discusion of the how's & why's of the incident, which could  easily have been prevented.

I apologize to the members that the format of a WHO DUN IT was not clearly defined and caused such confusion. In that Part 1 was the series of events and characters. Part 2 then a open discusion of possible solutions or questions by all interested. Part 3 after all was suggested and discused, what the actual out-come was.

By the way I want to publically appologize to Eddie. I was a dink in that last post.

I dont want people to start ripping apart my posts. So I should have the same consideration for others.

:blotto:

Many Thanks and Hats Off for RopeTech.

As previously mentioned, "This incident could have been prevented".

How and Why ????????? any takers, the clues are all there.

Could have been avoided by berthing the two MP L/Cpls together, I guess.   Apart from that, perhaps the target of the poking and shoving could attempt to assert his rank.  Since their backs are to the cabin door, perhaps try to decoy them by shouting room, as if an officer entered.  Ok, those are some weak guesses.   I really don't know, but I'd like to know the answer after some others make attempts at answering.

I was thinking the previous - but if they can't be paired up, another room option would be to put a Sgt, L/Cpl and Pte in each room, breaking up the unit 'loyalties', and having a senior NCO present who (should) be more likely to help/convince the privates to stop.

I would take the two drunk privates down, haul them down to their platoon NCO, and let him give them shit jobs for the next month for being drunken fools.

A Cruise Ship, 10 Days of 6 Bars and Lounges, Cheap Drinks, Duty Free's, No Duty or Routines except Oderely Offr. & Sgt. and two Fire Pickets.(in bed by 23.59 hrs. if they wanted to).

Sounds like a Dream come true, what in the world could go wrong.

Bang on KIRKPATRICK & CASING a 100%., The Berthing arrangements. The RTO must have been very busy  (or asleep at the wheel) to have split up the two Provost L/Cpls. in the first place.  Then at least Bunked them in with  NCOs.

The occupants of a Cabin each had a personal key. There's no point in wondering how the two Drunks were able to gain entry after the Provost had returned for the evening. Thus the presumed & feinting
sleep of the two Pte.s.

Yes INFANTEER, that would have been a good and logical solution and ending to the incident.

Now how in the world did the Provost escape his assailants or did he ???.

It brings to mind the greeting we got at CFSAL a couple summers back;

"Welcome to Borden - this is the rape capital of Canada, ladies, no joking.  Here is your rape whistle, your phone number for the Rape Crisis Hotline,and your copy of the instructional video "What To Do If I Am Getting Raped."

Naturally the MP should pull out his baton, blow on his whistle as loud as he can, attempt to beat a path through the two infantrymen who are pushing him, and yell FIRE FIRE FIRE as loud as he can into the passageway.  If the two grunts in the cabin wake up, politely inform them that he is about to be sexually assaulted and determine where their sympathies lie.  Lay.  Whatever.

Back