• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

FWIW - aircrew boots are going to be brown.  Along with CADPAT two piece zoom suits.  They found a company in France that could produce
CADPAT on appropriately static resistant material.

And flame resistant too, I presume.

What color polish will I have to put on them??? dooooh this hurts my tiny dinosaur brain!!

Joking.... >:D

If the fit is anything like the new boots in the system, I don't want 'em.

Matt_Fisher said:
If you look at the specs for both CADPAT TW and AR, there are actually no 'common' colours.  While both patterns have a shade of brown in them, the CIE colour lab coordinates are different for each brown, and they are visibly different if you compare the two patterns side by side.

I think we discussed this a couple of years ago too?? Perhaps the colour was being called something different in both the patterns or something to that effect. I just know what we got ... was "cadpat brown" which was the brown colour that was "common" to both the TW and AR uniforms.

Just had 4 members of 12RBC who were issued the CADPAT trial boots in the shop this afternoon.  Had a good opportunity to speak with them and check out the boots. 

All the boots were scuffed/scratched up somewhat and where the leather was scuffed or scratched, the pattern was completely worn off, exposing the raw leather. 

One of the guys told me that with the boots they were issued (no joke) 4 little finger nail polish type bottles of leather dye in the respective CADPAT TW colours to touch up the pattern where it became worn off.  A tin of clear/neutral type boot dressing was also issued to preserve the leather.

Matt_Fisher said:
One of the guys told me that with the boots they were issued (no joke) 4 little finger nail polish type bottles of leather dye in the respective CADPAT TW colours to touch up the pattern where it became worn off.  A tin of clear/neutral type boot dressing was also issued to preserve the leather.

Oh good gawd; the end is nigh.

We'll all need to have toomuchtimeonourhands to be dabbling in nail polish --- well, except maybe for Journeyman --- he's a SME.

Matt_Fisher said:

Please tell me that they were given this crap years ago and that the brilliance of this idea was noted way back when.

This is going way too far.

Lets just get a common boot color in different styles and sell the frigging things at Canex.
That way everyone is happy and we don't have to have 6 sets of boots collecting dust in our closets.
Plus everybody with a wide feet, flat feet, ingrown nails, never satisfied with anything we issue. Can buy one of the seven approved sets for wear and then they can openly complain about those on ARMY.CA

New combat boots being tested ?

5f24bq.jpg

I was out having a smoke break in CFSCE and saw a cpl wearing them. According to him there extremely comfortable.

When I did my PLQ 4 yrs ago my course officer was wearing a pair.......

Almost every MWO from DLR that I have seen in Edmonton has been wearing them. Might be comfy, but they look horibble.

NFLD Sapper said:
When I did my PLQ 4 yrs ago my course officer was wearing a pair.......

These boots have been around since at least 2004.

You know, at the end of the day, I'd LOVE to see exactly "how much" money all these "Boot Trials" are costing the CF - and have been costing the CF since circa 2004. Perhaps a FoI request would be telling.

Word up (again) A set of feet is like a set of boobs!! THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Why the heck could we trial bras (of which I was a trial participant) and clue in SO darn quick that:

NO 1 style of bra would ever work for all CF women due to "differences in boobs";
NO 1 manufacturer of bras would ever be a suitable supplier for bras (even in different styles) due to differences in boobs.

It took a split instant to discover that and we immediately canned the "supplying of issued bras" to our women ... but, so far, no one has clued in that feet are exactly the same!!??

Just like for the bras, let's get the hijinks overwith already and get a boot allowance in place whereby soldiers can buy boots that are suitable for their feet and which work for their feet.

Feet, for the troops, are much more critical than boobs (sorry to all you breast men out there) ... yet - we look after boobs better, more effeciently, and most certainly in a more cost effective manner.

Sorry, that's scarey.

How do I go about being a quality control inspector for the CADPAT Bra Program???? >:D

Tango18A said:
How do I go about being a quality control inspector for the CADPAT Bra Program???? >:D

Can I say you have to be able to get a grip on the problem without being tortured by Vern? Not too likely!

I'm good to go with being tortured over Bra selections. You have to try it on to deny it, just like boots.  ;D

They could look worse. I'm more concerned with comfort and durability. Its not a fashion show ;)

Back