• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

I've read the original SOR from 2002, the update in 08 and the update in 2010. They were crap, the CF was telling the boot industry how to do their business.

The new one that is on Merx now is written differently, it is less definitive and leaves room for the manufacturers to show their stuff... there is even an option for a secondary opening that is secured by zipper. The specs call for shorter boots, no solid requirement for cuff pad, flexibility with sole attachment, flex on the exact shade of brown etc etc etc.

This one might actually work!

I have seen them on random people at LFCA TC Meaford(including candidates on the reg force DP1 running currently). That also is going along with the interim new combats(just the modified combat shirt).

I was talking to the CSM of A Coy in Petewawa yesterday about them(he was wearing them), he said that in pet when you go to get new boots now you will be getting the brown ones vice black. How much truth there is to that I dont know, but I think that it is slowly coming out as the black ones run out.

recceguy said:
I thought they recalled those things and cancelled Boulet's contract.

I remember hearing that as well. They were supposed to retender because Boulet made a garbage boot in some wierd colour the industry hasn't ever seen before.

I was OIC on 2 BMQ's earlier this year, I'm currently running a BMOQ.  I'm seeing more and more candidates, especially those being served by the Valcartier clothing store, being initially issued with the brown temperate boots.  More and more people are showing up with them after they go exchange worn out boots too.

These magnum boots are the closest I've seen in regards to colour:

http://www.tacticalbootstore.com/product_thumb.php?img=images/mens-magnum-precision-ultra-lite-wpi-ct-coffee.jpg&w=286&h=286

And wearing those in uniform is like wearing a big sign that says "Jack me up".

Wonder how much $ will be spent on those of us who wear COTS boots (the issued ones never fit my orthodics so I wear Magnum Stealth full leather).  In the days of budget restraint, etc I might have to go get new ones 'because they aren't brown'.

::)

PuckChaser said:
And wearing those in uniform is like wearing a big sign that says "Jack me up".

Notice how I specified colour and not height.  See what I did there?

;)

On the DWAN, go to the Capabilities Investment Database (CID) and you can see all of the current projects. The new LOTB SOR is there... the project is going back for the 3rd (or 4th?) attempt.

Canada West boot- I was issued the "arid region combat boot" the brown boot and I've worn them on 7 occasions and the whole toe region of the boot is peeling off and turning black. As well as the side fabric region I've noticed is turning black.. The Vibram sole is holding up as there isn't any noticeable wear. Went to get black GPs and clothing stores are apparently not issuing any boots out as there is a "boot shortage nationwide"... Grea

It is unfortunate that the CF cannot contract a non Canadian company....Danner comes to mind....to properly kit us out.

signalsguy said:
On the DWAN, go to the Capabilities Investment Database (CID) and you can see all of the current projects. The new LOTB SOR is there... the project is going back for the 3rd (or 4th?) attempt.

Yeah I checked it out today... couldn't make sense of most of the information there.  From what I could gather, the whole project is on hiatus..

Mr. St-Cyr said:
From what I could gather, the whole project is on hiatus..

That's good, soldiers don't need boots.

The lack of basic kit is really starting to appall me. At least Afghanistan is starting to get their soldiers all proper uniforms and boots, while we're still trying to figure that out... Shiny new kit is really great to show off to the media, by soldiers who have to buy their own boots because the system doesn't have any.

At least we have 1812 pins..

At the end of the day, I'm just happy I can wear the boots that I purchased because they work/are comfortable.  Would be great to have issue boots that work, but spending a few hundred dollars every couple years isn't too bad - for me anyways.  Hopefully,  the wearing of personally purchased boots will continue, instead of forcing everyone to wear the junk boots Boulet/Canada West make.

Back