• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

NL_engineer said:
Vern the cadpat boots I have seen, look close to my GP boots/desert boots

GP boots don't resemble desert boots either. How are you getting GP/Desert?

What boots are you talking about?

GP Boots aren't mesh-sided ... are all-black ... leather ... and they suck (which is about the only thing they have in common with the cadpat boot and/or the desert boot) ...

NL_engineer said:
So we are talking about a brown GP boot? 
As Vern mentioned, the GP boot is not Combat Boot.  It is a CF (not Army) boot which is intended to fill a different role (and so was not built to meet the full spectrum of Army footwear requirements).  You can find out more by visiting the GP boot thread.

R031button said:
Is it just me or does it seem like the most obvious solution here is to just adopt the desert boot as the standard combat boot?
It turns out that what I have seen is simply the new Arid boot.  Because of its darker colour, it is compatible with the temperate CADPAT and will be allowed for wear with either uniform and in Canada.

If we are lucky, the temperate combat boot will also adopt this same brown colour as the Arid boot.  Then the soldiers would be able to pick the boot they prefer from within the system (because they’d all look the same from a distance).

When you say solid brown do you mean something like a hunting or hiking boot or a suede?

What he was refering to, I think, was that from a quick glance, the GP (made by Boulet), the Desert (made by Boulet), the WWB and the Mk IV (CADPAT/Brown whatever colour) all look very similar. About 9" in height, combo speed/standard lace system, lace pattern that covers most of the instep, and oversized outsoles. Whatever technology has gone into each design to make them unique (for better or worse) is a different story.

ArmyVern said:
GP boots don't resemble desert boots either. How are you getting GP/Desert?

What boots are you talking about?

GP Boots aren't mesh-sided ... are all-black ... leather ... and they suck (which is about the only thing they have in common with the cadpat boot and/or the desert boot) ...

I should have been a little clearer the same bottom in both, I know that the GP is black and all leather, the new Deserts may as well be also (you must have seen us breaking them in in the winter), they were just as worm as the GP boots/MKIII's.

Hey, I just noticed this thread has been going for seven years... We've been guessing about these boots for a long time!

To resurrect an older thread:

I was clearing into Comox and asked for a pair of combat boots for an upcoming BFT.  I was told that only TCBs were being issued there and when I asked if people were doing BFTs in them, he  said "yes." 

I was under the impression that you had to wear combat boots for the BFT though? 

Dimsum said:
To resurrect an older thread:

I was clearing into Comox and asked for a pair of combat boots for an upcoming BFT.  I was told that only TCBs were being issued there and when I asked if people were doing BFTs in them, he  said "yes." 

I was under the impression that you had to wear combat boots for the BFT though?

You might want to ask what he thought BFT stood for.  It may not have been what you thought.  You may have been talking about "walking", while he was thinking "flying".    >:D

Dimsum said:

Only if you don't want your feet to look like you've been dancing barefoot on razor wire. Seriously, if you plan to do the BFT, find any boot other than the TCWB unless, of course, you try them out beforehand and they work for you, which is unlikely.

daftandbarmy said:
Only if you don't want your feet to look like you've been dancing barefoot on razor wire. Seriously, if you plan to do the BFT, find any boot other than the TCWB unless, of course, you try them out beforehand and they work for you, which is unlikely.

No, I'm not using those.  I actually had permission from 17 Wing to LPO boots.  So, I'll be using my Magnum Stealths (steel toe, but at least they're comfy.)  Weird thing though; 17 Wing allowed me to have them bought, but 19 Wing has no idea about it.  Would I have to go to MIR in 19 Wing to explain to them I have small ankles?!

Dimsum said:
No, I'm not using those.  I actually had permission from 17 Wing to LPO boots.  So, I'll be using my Magnum Stealths (steel toe, but at least they're comfy.)  Weird thing though; 17 Wing allowed me to have them bought, but 19 Wing has no idea about it.  Would I have to go to MIR in 19 Wing to explain to them I have small ankles?!

Army Vern can confirm this, but I am under the impression that your Chit for boots should be keep on your Clothing Docs.  If it isn't, and as it isn't recorded electronically, then you will need a new Chit the next time you need boots.

George Wallace said:
Army Vern can confirm this, but I am under the impression that your Chit for boots should be keep on your Clothing Docs.  If it isn't, and as it isn't recorded electronically, then you will need a new Chit the next time you need boots.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  I had a medical chit for LPO boots when I was in Pet.  When I got posted to Kingston, it was no longer on my file.  Surprise, surprise.  I now have two pairs of the old combat boots that had better last for the next four years.

PMedMoe said:
You'd think so, wouldn't you?  I had a medical chit for LPO boots when I was in Pet.  When I got posted to Kingston, it was no longer on my file.  Surprise, surprise.  I now have two pairs of the old combat boots that had better last for the next four years.

I got my chit and had certified true copies placed on my Pers File, given to the RSM & SSM, RQ and ASU Clothing. The last copy I carry with me. I've kept the original in a safe place.

I don't trust anyone ;)

The permission to LPO boots I got in 17 Wing was actually by Base Supply, not MIR.  I'm starting to wonder if I should go to MIR and re-request a chit so I don't have any issues later on (ie. when I need boots again.)

Dimsum said:
The permission to LPO boots I got in 17 Wing was actually by Base Supply, not MIR.  I'm starting to wonder if I should go to MIR and re-request a chit so I don't have any issues later on (ie. when I need boots again.)
The CF health services have no responsibility for boot sizes.  The Supply system is responsible to ensure you have fitting footwear.  If you have a medical condition which requires special footwear, then you go to the MIR.  If your boots just don't fit then you go to supply.

Going to the MIR because your boots do not fit is only wasting your time & their time because they can do nothing for you.

PMedMoe said:

That's normal. Medical chits issued at one base are not necessarily good at the next base, nor will they necessarily be valid at the same base they were issued ... if they are more than 2 years old (the chits). That's because some people need orthotics etc, but some medical problems can be fixed (corrected) and ergo a re-visit to the MIR to check out your feet is deemed appropriate by the medical system (not Supply) every 2 years when it's a medical chit that got you the boots so that medical staff can determine whether or not your "medical requirement" for LPOd boots still exists. Nothing nefarious there --- .

If it's a sizing issue ... the chit remains valid, but always keep a copy in your wallet.

MCG said:
The CF health services have no responsibility for boot sizes.  The Supply system is responsible to ensure you have fitting footwear.  If you have a medical condition which requires special footwear, then you go to the MIR.  If your boots just don't fit then you go to supply.

Thanks.  All cleared up.

ArmyVern said:
That's normal. Medical chits issued at one base are not necessarily good at the next base, nor will they necessarily be valid at the same base they were issued ... if they are more than 2 years old (the chits). That's because some people need orthotics etc, but some medical problems can be fixed (corrected) and ergo a re-visit to the MIR to check out your feet is deemed appropriate by the medical system (not Supply) every 2 years when it's a medical chit that got you the boots so that medical staff can determine whether or not your "medical requirement" for LPOd boots still exists. Nothing nefarious there --- .

If it's a sizing issue ... the chit remains valid, but always keep a copy in your wallet.

The chit I had was for special sized boots and not medical in the least, however, in my experience, the Supply section(s) did not want to take responsibility for getting boots that fit me.  They just kept giving me a different size and hope that they'd fit.  As stated, I've tried on at least four pairs of the new boots and none fit.

Not to mention, if it is a medical problem that cannot be corrected, why wouldn't they keep the chit on file?  Why should someone have to go in every two years for a new chit for something that won't change? 

I'm not slagging the Supply Techs, just the ones I've had to deal with.  If they were all like Vern, we wouldn't have anything to bitch about.  :nod:  ;)

Back