• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

There is some comment of this nature here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/77015.0/all.html

However, in that case the boot is brown & one colour could meet the needs of arid and temperate climates.

I saw that thread a little while back, just thought that maybe this was another option worth looking at.
It would be interesting to see how they would match up with both TW and AR combats via photo, sounds like an alright idea though, i think the key here though is rough side out, though the base may be brown, whatever kind of mud and crud your dealing with will provide some mighty natural cam.

I’ve noticed that the CADPAT boot is no longer being worn anywhere in the halls of DLR these days.  Instead one can find a solid brown boot on many sets of feet.  This same brown boot can be seen on the mannequins in both Arid and Temperate dress.

I can’t say for certain, but it looks like a sign.

Like the current Desert Boot, or that darker one that some AF bases have been trialling?

Is it just me or does it seem like the most obvious solution here is to just adopt the desert boot as the standard combat boot? A light tan colour is a reasonable alternative, especially in places like Waiwright and Suffield, and it was the issued boot to troops deploying to temperate regions such as Bosnia. With the amount of money that I'm sure is being spent on developing the correct colour and type of boot doesn't it seem obvious to just adopt something we already have?

R031button said:
Is it just me or does it seem like the most obvious solution here is to just adopt the desert boot as the standard combat boot? A light tan colour is a reasonable alternative, especially in places like Waiwright and Suffield, and it was the issued boot to troops deploying to temperate regions such as Bosnia. With the amount of money that I'm sure is being spent on developing the correct colour and type of boot doesn't it seem obvious to just adopt something we already have?

Hmmm. Curiously enough --- that was exactly what was recommended during the trials (and was also noted here on Army.ca too) ... ergo the proliferation of solid brown boots being seen about noted in the post preceeding yours.

Adopt a desert boot as standard footwear? Oh heavens what would us MWOs have to do all day if we can't hammer the troops for not blackening their boots? Oh woe is me!! (joking!)

MCG said:
I’ve noticed that the CADPAT boot is no longer being worn anywhere in the halls of DLR these days.  Instead one can find a solid brown boot on many sets of feet.  This same brown boot can be seen on the mannequins in both Arid and Temperate dress.

I can’t say for certain, but it looks like a sign.

A sign that many folks in DLR have been replaced by mannequins, and no one noticed?

However, more seriously, I do question why buy-and-try assessments for field clothing are conducted by cube dwellers in Louis St Laurent instead of, say, a field unit?  Despite claims to the contrary by some, the only operational folks in the NCR are the West-End Boys.

OldSolduer said:
Adopt a desert boot as standard footwear? Oh heavens what would us MWOs have to do all day if we can't hammer the troops for not blackening their boots? Oh woe is me!! (joking!)

I'm sure you would find something else to pick on

;D

Scuffs, oil and grass stains etc etc... Anyone used tan boots in the field (and I am not talking about dry desert conditions)?

dapaterson said:
However, more seriously, I do question why buy-and-try assessments for field clothing are conducted by cube dwellers in Louis St Laurent instead of, say, a field unit? 
The trial was done in Ft Bliss by BG troops on pre-deployment training.  I understand a few design changes were made based on largely positive feedback, and the colour was changed from tan to Brown (so that the boot is compatible with both temperate & arid camouflages). 

Dimsum said:
Like the current Desert Boot, or that darker one that some AF bases have been trialling?
It is an Army boot.  As was pointed out previously (either here or another thread), the Air Force boots don't meet what the Army is looking for  ... something about all the CSA safety footwear standards making them heavier and ill suited to long marches.

MCG said:
something about all the CSA safety footwear standards making them heavier and ill suited to long marches.

I wear CSA approved Magnum Stealth II side zip boots at work. They have a composite toe and midsole plate. They actually weigh less than regular Stealths and come in at under two pounds for the pair.

The technology is out there.

recceguy said:
I wear CSA approved Magnum Stealth II side zip boots at work. They have a composite toe and midsole plate. They actually weigh less than regular Stealths and come in at under two pounds for the pair.

The technology is out there.

But are $300 a pair  ;D

recceguy said:
Don't know where you buy boots, but I can get two pair for that price.

If they are these boots

Stealth Force 8.0 SZ CT/CP then they are $300 here on the rock.

So we are talking about a brown GP boot?  just like the 2 tan ones I have, that will not make it out of KAF (Unless forced to).  Why can't we just adopt the Magnum Amazons like the British  ::)

NL_engineer said:
So we are talking about a brown GP boot?  just like the 2 tan ones I have, that will not make it out of KAF (Unless forced to).  Why can't we just adopt the Magnum Amazons like the British  ::)

No, not a GP boot.

A Mk IV boot. In brown.

Mk IV does not equal "GP". Whole different (sucky) beast that boot is.

Answer to your question: This is Canada; different Federal Procurement Laws are applicable.

ArmyVern said:
A Mk IV boot. In brown.

Mk IV does not equal "GP". Whole different (sucky) beast that boot is.

Vern the cadpat boots I have seen, look close to my GP boots/desert boots

Back